Who would you like added in the next Announcement?

LOCHLAND5

I just don't get this really. There are a number of artists, some of which I highlighted previously, doing the circuit that in effect are playing smaller festivals. Kendal for some reason have ignored them and as much as I like them bands like, ocs, shed seven, James are far too high up the bill for bands who's last big hits were 15 years ago. 

58 minutes ago, sinc72 said:

I just don't get this really. There are a number of artists, some of which I highlighted previously, doing the circuit that in effect are playing smaller festivals. Kendal for some reason have ignored them and as much as I like them bands like, ocs, shed seven, James are far too high up the bill for bands who's last big hits were 15 years ago. 

Good summary. An increased capacity sell out crowd paying more than at other smaller festivals would be expecting more from the 2nd announcement.

Have there not always been bigger bands in previous 2nd announcements over the years ? 

I reckon that will be us so some poor stuff in the afternoons across the stages. Calling out has went right down hill.

You only need to go back 10 years looking through the lineup posters they’ve released to see how thin this 2nd release looks. Certainly the most underwhelming I’ve seen in over 5 years but price is a lot higher. On top of that, no real changes in the direction of the lineup either. The same bands appearing every 2-3 years & what is it with DNB always on in the Glow Tent ? When are we going to see some decent techno ? 

Looking at the lineup as it stands it is probably fair to say 75-80 per cent of the lineup comprises of acts the average festival goer probably has never heard of papered over by a few solid but easily accessible elsewhere 90's era bands and a couple of DJ sets. 

I thought the initial announcement wasn't great but could have been mitigated if say the 2nd or 3rd tier of acts was strengthened with say similar standard of bands which have been added for example to Y Not it would have least given more depth. Obviously this hasn't turned out to be the case.

Instead it does make you question whether the prime objective with this years's lineup has been to put something together based on an incredibly tight budget with little regard to what people might actually want to see (and what people would rightly expect to see given the overall cost of the tickets and size of venue).

I suspect a lot of people going this year will vote with their feet and look elsewhere next year 

• Upvote 1

Comedy stage has been announced tonight so that just be pretty much full line up done now with maybe one or two additions around resale time.

Easily the weakest line up overall in the six years i’ve been going, I’ll still have an enjoyable weekend but could well see it being my last. 

Thank god I didnt waste any money this year.

You'd have thought with being no Glastonbury this year that there would have been a glut of decent bands/singers looking for some extra cash this summer...the current line up makes it look like a poor mans festival.

I hope the weather's proper good for you all this year otherwise it could be a really, really miserable weekend.

1 hour ago, Mr_Grump said:

Thank god I didnt waste any money this year.

You'd have thought with being no Glastonbury this year that there would have been a glut of decent bands/singers looking for some extra cash this summer...the current line up makes it look like a poor mans festival.

I hope the weather's proper good for you all this year otherwise it could be a really, really miserable weekend.

Hope all good with you Mr G. After that 2nd announcement, a weather thread at this stage would push me over the edge :mellow:

Having never been before it’s not my place to criticise the lineup but I wonder if the perceived poor lineup is as a result of the success of the festival over the years, it sells out every year so there’s no pressure on the bookers to go out and book the best acts they can to sell tickets. Success breeds complacency.

the only other festival that routinely sells out irrespective of lineup is Glastonbury but that is kept honest because it’s so high profile and it is a labour of love for the organisers.

it is a little surprising that on a Glastonbury fallow year that the whole UK festival scene is a little weak, you would think festivals would have a stronger lineup this year as acts seek more alternatives to Glastonbury, it seems however that maybe acts aren’t even coming to the UK, does Glastonbury draw in the overseas acts and the other festivals benefit from this?