Who would you like added in the next Announcement?

LOCHLAND5

2 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

Fingers crossed Baggy Mondays will get their usual Saturday night slot....and Showhawk Duo in the Woodland at the same time as Run DMC would give me a decent alternative

Agree and Agree.

Loved Showhawk Duo in house party in the year of the worse than usual monsoons and mud. I think / hope baggy Monday’s will be back :-)

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Agree and Agree.

Loved Showhawk Duo in house party in the year of the worse than usual monsoons and mud. I think / hope baggy Monday’s will be back :-)

Easily one of the best things i’ve seen in the house party over my Kendal visits.

Also hope Baggy Monday’s back again really topped off the night.

Thought it was on the Friday though as I remember still having plenty energy left to pretend I was back in the nineties.

18 minutes ago, Pooly JP said:

Easily one of the best things i’ve seen in the house party over my Kendal visits.

Also hope Baggy Monday’s back again really topped off the night.

Thought it was on the Friday though as I remember still having plenty energy left to pretend I was back in the nineties.

Aye, reckon it was Friday night. Something very similar was on in the tent on Saturday as well I vaguely remember.

That year of showhawck  they also had Davos in the house party tent.

Packed out due to the rain and I got hit in the head by a giant dinosaur - true story :-)

21 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Aye, reckon it was Friday night. Something very similar was on in the tent on Saturday as well I vaguely remember.

That year of showhawck  they also had Davos in the house party tent.

Packed out due to the rain and I got hit in the head by a giant dinosaur - true story :-)

It was DJ mega tune on Saturday night in the calling out tent ! He plays some decent indie disco then he drops cheese like van Gaylen jump I vaguely remember take on me by A-ha as well ! Always fun to pop in there after stages start to close .

11 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

I couldn't get near the Houseparty last year.....thats why I think they'd be better in the Woodlands.

I spent a good chunk of time in there last year and it did seem busier than previous years although I found that if you got through the crowd at the door there tended to be plenty space further in.

Admittedly this was for earlier bands never went in for anyone after 7 o’clock ish.

Also they seemed to be a lot of messed up young uns round and about the house party. 

I’d never really noticed many completely off their face people at kendal in previous years.

Do we not still need Tim Peaks? and Chai (is it even there this year)? I seen a wedding singer is doing cover songs with a band made from local musicians in some sort of cumbria news, but I haven't seen anything else......unless I've missed it

15 hours ago, jamj said:

Do we not still need Tim Peaks? and Chai (is it even there this year)? I seen a wedding singer is doing cover songs with a band made from local musicians in some sort of cumbria news, but I haven't seen anything else......unless I've missed it

think you've just missed it, there were acts from each stage included in the initial line up, maybe the just weren't clear. I cant remember exactly who was where, but we have a Skelton Key takeover in Tim Peaks on the Sunday, Chai wallah has Kitty, Daisy and Lewis as one of their headliners I think too.

They all need a bit of padding out but I don't think there's loads to be added and I don't think it'll be headliners from any of the stages

There is certainly a few artists now on Y not which would really improve Kendal. Not sure if they are maybe being held off until Y not sells out?

I'd love to see BRMC, Fat White Family, Peace added and of course the Manics but I suppose that one is unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...