Rolling Stones

eFestivals

On 11 June 2018 at 4:37 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure what to do with my Twickers Lucky Dip. Can't go as I've got work in the morning but don't really wanna write off 70 notes. Tempted to pop over there on the day pick them up then try and offload them to a tout or something.

I've been checking for LDs for Twickers. When did they go out? I deffo missed the boat there.

I'm off of a night shift that morning and will be knackered (and probably late home 'cause trains), but for £35 a pop it had to be looked into afaic. Only things that have been available when I click "find best seats" (via AXS) are Golden Circle and Lower Tier A (which are probably better than standing in a "no jostling, good tiering", type of way, but not £80 better).

Given that. Doesn't that suggest that the only left (i.e. Lucky Dip) tickets will be GC or LTA?

I don't know how much your work is reliant on you on a day to day basis. But. I would suggest:

Pop over and get them. See what type of tickets you get. If they are good. PULL A SICKIE THE NEXT DAY. Ffs. Trust me. They're well on form. Take the fallout.

Or. More reasonably. Explain totally the situation (it's a lucky dip, at least a hundred quid ticket for £35) in advance. Only the most uncompassionate, sociopathic, narcisisstic type of management could begrudge you a short notice day off to see The Stones for £35.

Good luck!

22 hours ago, mary maye said:

Hi Hugh would be very happy to buy your lucky dip tickets for twickenham if you are interested,?

First dibs to you obvs :)

You may have to haggle with the mentioned touts though ;)

7 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Given that. Doesn't that suggest that the only left (i.e. Lucky Dip) tickets will be GC or LTA?

Not sure that's entirely how it works. They were doing lucky dip from the off, so presumably at least some of the allocation are in the 400 quid pits and elsewhere that has sold out. They've just added more as sales have been slow - suppose these would come from the areas you've mentioned. 

14 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I've been checking for LDs for Twickers. When did they go out? I deffo missed the boat there.

I'm off of a night shift that morning and will be knackered (and probably late home 'cause trains), but for £35 a pop it had to be looked into afaic. Only things that have been available when I click "find best seats" (via AXS) are Golden Circle and Lower Tier A (which are probably better than standing in a "no jostling, good tiering", type of way, but not £80 better).

I don't know how much your work is reliant on you on a day to day basis. But. I would suggest:

Pop over and get them. See what type of tickets you get. If they are good. PULL A SICKIE THE NEXT DAY. Ffs. Trust me. They're well on form. Take the fallout.

Or. More reasonably. Explain totally the situation (it's a lucky dip, at least a hundred quid ticket for £35) in advance. Only the most uncompassionate, sociopathic, narcisisstic type of management could begrudge you a short notice day off to see The Stones for £35.

Good luck!

First dibs to you obvs :)

You may have to haggle with the mentioned touts though ;)

I'm still TBC over what to do about them to be honest.

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a blatant disregard for the ‘not wearing band t-shirt at their own gig’ rule as at Cardiff now. Or isn’t that a thing now?

We waited for the pitch to clear at Murrayfield. We were nearly last out and the qs were still massive at all the merch stalls after the gig. I gave it a miss at 65 notes for a hoody.

Loved the gig. Brilliant stuff :-)

Great time last night. Just so good to see a band enjoying playing and not just going through the motions even after all this time. Mick - how does he do what he does at his age??!!

Agreed, people certainly haven't got the memo about band t-shirts...though I didn't know that was a "thing" till came on this site lol.

Haven't bought a program for a gig in years, but came out last night and thought I've got to have one.

Been going to gigs for 25 years and that Cardiff show was one of my favourite of all time. Absolutely incredible. They defy logic and conventional science with their energy and that in turn gets regenerated in the crowd. And add to that a setlist that most other bands would kill for. Ageless and timeless. I paid £90 for my ticket and it was worth every single penny.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:01 PM, henry bear said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a blatant disregard for the ‘not wearing band t-shirt at their own gig’ rule as at Cardiff now. Or isn’t that a thing now?

I think rule 17.5.3.1 a.k.a. the Stones clause means it's permitted.

However, I can't help but feel @bennyhana22 would have palpitations at a Stones gig.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:01 PM, henry bear said:

Oh sweet Jeeeesus, it most certainly is still a thing, young Henry...

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I think rule 17.5.3.1 a.k.a. the Stones clause means it's permitted.

However, I can't help but feel @bennyhana22 would have palpitations at a Stones gig.

Pffffftt...

Ben
x

On 6/16/2018 at 11:19 AM, henry bear said:

He played the riff for Satisfaction when they started JJF, had to restart :D. But you're right, they're really tight. It's nearly 36 years since I first saw them and I enjoyed last night as much as any of the others, fantastic stuff.

He is playing all the right songs, just not necessarily in the right order...

T-shirt thing definately waved at the Stones. Though I got round it by wearing that years Glastonbury vest...is this acceptable?

On 6/15/2018 at 12:25 AM, MrZigster said:

My Icelandic friends who bought full price tickets { £100.45 each }  Months ago flew in to London but they had not received their e-tickets { should have arrived two weeks ago } - they have been sending e-mails and phone calls to the Promoter  but no one answered - I gave them a few numbers and they got though to a Human being - but for some strange reason they have been instructed to go to the box office tomorrow - trust me if those tickets are not waiting there he will go ballistic so if you see on the new ' Mad Icelandic senior policeman goes on the rampage ' then that will be my mate.

11 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I kind of feel sad that I probably won't see them again now. I'd definitely be up for seeing them again in another 2/3 years, but they're in their mid 70's! 

I've said this a few times now.  I was definitely saying it after Glastonbury and Hyde Park.  Yet here we are 5 years later.....