Rolling Stones

eFestivals

12 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Is it? confused now...

According to the map on below the seats at the far end of the stadium are part of the general admission area :)

https://tickets.axs.com/shop/#/25GEN-fde5-4397-8d6f-296d3e7b504e/shop/search?lang=en&locale=en-GB&preFill=1&eventid=350409&ec=LSL180525&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&skin=axs_stones&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fuk%2Fevents%2F350409%2Fthe-rolling-stones-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb 

Best checking with someone who went tonight that this is true, though. 

So how did the lucky dips go for everyone?

Did anyone get a golden circle? Or a shitty, right at the back seat?

Also, do you just get the comfirmation email and if so do you need to bring it with you? I don't have a printer at home and I'm not back at work 'till Sunday. Can you just turn up with the reference number + booking card + ID?

4 hours ago, MrZigster said:

So how did the lucky dips go for everyone?

Did anyone get a golden circle? Or a shitty, right at the back seat?

Also, do you just get the comfirmation email and if so do you need to bring it with you? I don't have a printer at home and I'm not back at work 'till Sunday. Can you just turn up with the reference number + booking card + ID?

well done for finding me last night - when you sent your first text to my old phone ' 20 seconds later ' and I would have missed it - it was that close as I was about to leave it my Flat - so had to transfer your number to my Smartphone !!! - when I reached that bench table I was typing out where I was when those three English guys sat down and for some reason the guy opposite me started asking questions so never got to send the text and the next thing ' you appeared ' - well it worked out well ' although if I ever go there again I will take a jumper as that area where we were sitting was catching the wind.Sorry I could not go on the field with you but there is no way I could have stood for that long.I left just as that last number was winding up so missed the Encore ' but that was enough to allow me to slip out via gate 2 and back to Hackney Wick avoiding the crowds - it was ironic we were sat close to that bar ' as they were dead slow ' - its a real big wind up when I see that - if they had two extra staff and a extra MDU they could have blitzed that queue - as I was leaving I spotted them moving the Kegs out - bloody hell that took me back - if the WBC were running those bars we would have been using tankers. if you need to print out a e-mail dive into a local library as I know my local will print out a e-mail for a small fee - have a great time on Friday. if I don't spot you before next Year I will for sure be working at Glastonbury { as I have my places confirmed } and we can sort out a meeting say at the Bread and Roses { I can get the set up crew to give me a lift down on a buggy } - hope you made your train.

Right, my experience from last night:

Go to collection point B

Say your name and they’ll find it on the list 

Provide them with ID to prove who you are 

They stamp both you and your +1’s hand saying checked

They then give you a sealed envelope and say good luck

We found our entrance but I can’t really remember them checking our hand for the stamp.  (They May have seen it anyway!).

Giantkatiestacks - You can sit in the unreserved seating even with standing tickets.  Id reccomend going even if you have to leave before the encore 

MrZigster - I looked through twitter and have seen someone say they got golden circle, another got lower reserved seating and myself and I believe Glasto worker got standing.

really really good night.  Enjoy anyone going on Friday. 

Oh heads up about bags, they are really tight on it and saw them tell people to either go back out of the ticket queue and check the bag in or throw their bag away!

Edited by sisco
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, sisco said:

Right, my experience from last night:

Go to collection point B

Say your name and they’ll find it on the list 

Provide them with ID to prove who you are 

They stamp both you and your +1’s hand saying checked

They then give you a sealed envelope and say good luck

We found our entrance but I can’t really remember them checking our hand for the stamp.  (They May have seen it anyway!).

Giantkatiestacks - You can sit in the unreserved seating even with standing tickets.  Id reccomend going even if you have to leave before the encore 

MrZigster - I looked through twitter and have seen someone say they got golden circle, another got lower reserved seating and myself and I believe Glasto worker got standing.

really really good night.  Enjoy anyone going on Friday. 

Oh heads up about bags, they are really tight on it and saw them tell people to either go back out of the ticket queue and check the bag in or throw their bag away!

Yeh pretty much my experience. That box office is in a pain in the ass location from Hackney Wick though, felt like I walked around the whole stadium...although I potentially walked the wrong way round thinking about it. Got there about 18:30ish, zero queue for the box office. Got given the choice between 5 sealed envelopes, all the box office staff gathered around to see what we got, very exciting for all involved.. 

Hit the jackpot, I got the Golden Circle! I hate when event have these "VIP" areas at the front, but that said for me anyway, if you are a big big fan, probably worth the money at least once (the true amount I mean). Lots of room to move around, easy to get to the bar/toilet and get back to a good spot, sound not too bad, good views. Although how much of that was because it wasn't a sell out I am not sure.

Anyway great show, perfect setlist for me.

Please heed the warning on the bags and also make sure you are in the correct queue getting in to the stadium, there was about 20-30 min wait to get over the bridge and then people were getting turned back to wait in a huge queue for cloak room or sent to the correct queue.

Second gig at London Stadium for me and bars still absolutely shocking...the problem seems to be a load of temps crowded around 6 pumps trying to pour pints as quickly as possible and then changing keg...surely this isn't the way to do a gig/festival bar?!

I really recommend doing the lucky dip, I would have been happy anywhere was a great show!

• Like 1

Lucky Dip was a breeze last night! Rocked up at around 5pm, straight to an empty box office queue. They asked for ID and that was all, but probably best to take the purchasing card as well to be safe. 

They passed me a random envelope and wished me a nice evening! Opened them up, to get General Admission stalls tickets for £30. You have the option to sit at the back, or stand in amongst it. 

Managed to bed five or six rows from the barrier to Gold Circle! Really good view and a fantastic set list. 

Lucky Dip is a revelation. 

1 hour ago, some dude said:

Hit the jackpot, I got the Golden Circle! I hate when event have these "VIP" areas at the front, but that said for me anyway, if you are a big big fan, probably worth the money at least once (the true amount I mean). Lots of room to move around, easy to get to the bar/toilet and get back to a good spot, sound not too bad, good views. Although how much of that was because it wasn't a sell out I am not sure.

Anyway great show, perfect setlist for me.

Please heed the warning on the bags and also make sure you are in the correct queue getting in to the stadium, there was about 20-30 min wait to get over the bridge and then people were getting turned back to wait in a huge queue for cloak room or sent to the correct queue.

Second gig at London Stadium for me and bars still absolutely shocking...the problem seems to be a load of temps crowded around 6 pumps trying to pour pints as quickly as possible and then changing keg...surely this isn't the way to do a gig/festival bar?!

I really recommend doing the lucky dip, I would have been happy anywhere was a great show!

ww

well done - I bought in the pre sale so standing/sitting at the back was £100+

------

I was watching the Bars - I was amazed they were still using kegs - I was expecting to see a few MDU's - with the right team two MDU's could have reduced that queue drastically - but its expensive although seeing the demand and the prices they were charging ' they would still make a good profit ' - there was a bar outside that did have a few MDU's but I only spotted it when I was leaving { between bridge 1 and bridge 2 - you cant miss it as its larger than the bars inside }

I also saw lots of people being pulled up - some with very expensive designer handbags who were told they had to ditch them !!!

I carried in a clear plastic bag with a small bottle of Fanta - was waiting to be told to take the top off but they did not want to look at the bag and did not want to search me but I did see loads of people being searched.

2011-wbc-09.thumb.jpg.4c8aa33f9c7589df79d09d56a085e97a.jpg

So what did everyone think? I thought it was incredible, I'm struggling to resist not getting another ticket. Only gripes were:

- Why did they only play one of the poll songs? There were two polls...

- The female singer for Gimme Shelter is just rather underwhelming, compared to Lisa Fischer

- Some old gammon near me kept complaining when people were smoking, thus bringing the vibe down and sending the cute girls away. "it's against the law to smoke in here and if you don't put that out, I'm going to get a steward!". Like geez dude chill the fuck out lmao

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what did everyone think? I thought it was incredible, I'm struggling to resist not getting another ticket. Only gripes were:

- Why did they only play one of the poll songs? There were two polls...

- The female singer for Gimme Shelter is just rather underwhelming, compared to Lisa Fischer

- Some old gammon near me kept complaining when people were smoking, thus bringing the vibe down and sending the cute girls away. "it's against the law to smoke in here and if you don't put that out, I'm going to get a steward!". Like geez dude chill the fuck out lmao

To be fair I think its pretty rude and disrespectful to smoke in an enclosed space around people who may not wish to have smoke right in their face however what potentially grates me more is people moaning about and like you say further bringing the mood/atmosphere down, just move.