Rolling Stones

eFestivals

16 hours ago, henry bear said:

Are they GA tickets? If so you’ll probably be able to sit in the lower tier seats. 

If not, I’d imagine they may be able to sort something out for you, especially if you’re on crutches.

They are lucky dip so they could be standing, upper tier or anywhere really. I wont know until I turn up. 

19 hours ago, henry bear said:

Are they GA tickets? If so you’ll probably be able to sit in the lower tier seats. 

If not, I’d imagine they may be able to sort something out for you, especially if you’re on crutches.

It’s likely they’ll have a mixture of all areas for Lucky Dip holders. Explain your situation when you turn up and see what they can do. Might be they can accommodate you seated.

32 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

have all the shows got this dumb last entry thing? 

ruins the chances of getting a cheapo ticket off a tout if so 

I doubt it'll be enforced to be honest.

Just waiting for the set times now, hopefully the weather will be good so we can enjoy a few cans in the Olympic Park before going in. Want to see LG but want to minimise the amount of time inside spending money and queuing.

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So, my ticket says Bridge 1, Turnstile K. Looking at that map, it seems pretty stupid that I'm not going to Bridge 2 instead...

Yes if its the same layout - I have never been there so I don't know at what point they first start checking the tickets - if I knew for sure I could walk over bridge 2 as my entry point is Turnstile J and that Bridge is near the station but I just cant risk it as my ticket says use Bridge 1 - they don't really explain where the checks are before the Turnstile .

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cover of the theme from Neighbours was a wee bit unexpected.

very strange although I would have been baffled as I don't know what it sounds like - I have seen the setlist - not a bad mix - it will be interesting to see how much they change on Tuesday - some people on FB were not happy over the sound quality but its not clear where they were sitting. I am not looking forward to the Bar prices as its bound to be High.

Great gig from the lads last night. Highlights for me were Just Your Fool, Before They Make Me Run, The Worst and Brown Sugar. Especially the opening riff of Brown Sugar with sounding like Keith turned it up ti 11 in my right ear.

Sound was great and it was very very loud by the end. They sound great. Age defying stuff. Fuck you God. 

• Like 1

They haven't played Jack Flash properly ever really. Went down well though. Paint it Black was a bit shaky, slow and a bit ploddy. Great apart from that, and I'm nitpicking. 

And a missed the highlight above, Midnight Rambler. 12 minutes. Genuinely one of the best tunes I've seen any band play live. Mean mean stuff. People hugging and high fiving each other after around me. Scenes. 

Sober Ronnie keeps things ticking over nicely but sober Keef is like watching a great old bluesman with a lifetime of it behind him. Like when Richards would've heard Muddy or Skip James or John Lee Hooker in the 60s. Hes playing great. 

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm nicely pumped for Tuesday now, gonna be great.

Sympathy's an odd choice for opener though, always thought Start Me Up should be the automatic choice, that riff is the perfect opener to any gig.

I think they opened with SFTD at nearly all the dates last year. Whilst about 3/4 of the set is going to be predictable, you never quite know what else you get. It’d be nice to have some more tracks rarely aired.

Had a good giggle last night reading along on IORR with all the Stones gammons getting irate that they weren't playing a three hour set of rare album tracks.

As it stands now, there are only a couple of wild cards per set - and one of those is set by the fan vote.  If you're lucky your number will come up and you'll get something special (I lucked out last year in Amsterdam when they played Shine A Light). Hoping that they're keeping Monkey Man up their sleeve for Edinburgh.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Cans in the park beforehand...

Because of train connections I have changed my mind and now going to get off at
Hackney Wick Station but its a bit tricky of a route to reach the Park.

its a right pain when you cant walk far so I cant risk turning down the wrong road  so by the time I reach the Park I will need a drink 

fine in the daylight but will be more tricky when we are leaving.

god knows why they picked there - would have been far better at Wembley.

9 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

Because of train connections I have changed my mind and now going to get off at
Hackney Wick Station but its a bit tricky of a route to reach the Park.

its a right pain when you cant walk far so I cant risk turning down the wrong road  so by the time I reach the Park I will need a drink 

fine in the daylight but will be more tricky when we are leaving.

god knows why they picked there - would have been far better at Wembley.

Wembley has the FA Cup this weekend and the play-offs next weekend so it’s not available this week.

London Stadium are pushing hard for more gigs.

Edited by Hugh Jass