eFestivals

Rolling Stones

Possibly....but it's not gonna be like Glastonbury, particularly in the expensive ticket areas.  The age group is generally going to be pretty gammon. 

Best party will be at the back of the standing with people who've arrived straight from the pub rather than near the front with the folk who've been queuing for hours.

On 3/4/2018 at 4:14 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Do you think people will be going wild and dancing at these shows, or is it likely to be a bit more "reserved"?

On 3/4/2018 at 5:20 PM, FloorFiller said:

I'm sure people will be going wild. People ain't gonna pay £100 to just stand there and bob their heads - the majority will surely want to go ape and enjoy every last minute.

Last time I saw one of their owns shows (Manchester Arena), the audience was pretty sedate apart from in the cheap seats. I've much preferred the atmosphere on the pitch at stadium shows where people have been more up for it. Obviously nothing was nothing on Glastonbury but still...

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I took this photo of the crowd the last time I went to see the Stones:

wallgammon.jpg

Thom Yorke got old quick (middle right).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I took this photo of the crowd the last time I went to see the Stones:

wallgammon.jpg

That's me in the middle, giving it loads to Gammon Shelter.

• Upvote 1

On 04/03/2018 at 4:14 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Do you think people will be going wild and dancing at these shows, or is it likely to be a bit more "reserved"?

Depends where you are going. Cardiff's on  Friday evening - there's every chance a sizeable proportion of the crowd will be blutered. 

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Depends where you are going. Cardiff's on  Friday evening - there's every chance a sizeable proportion of the crowd will be blutered. 

I certainly hope to be :lol:. Though hoping will be slightly less covered in beer (telling myself it wasn't piss) than at guns 'n' roses.

2 hours ago, slash's hat said:

I certainly hope to be :lol:. Though hoping will be slightly less covered in beer (telling myself it wasn't piss) than at guns 'n' roses.

No promises. :P

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, henry bear said:

Aye, early train up to Cardiff. I plan on having an absolute skinful. Looking at the past couple of big gigs they've done the support act is usually quite underwhelming, which means more time for necking cans on the street...

12 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Aye, early train up to Cardiff. I plan on having an absolute skinful. Looking at the past couple of big gigs they've done the support act is usually quite underwhelming, which means more time for necking cans on the street...

I rest my case (of premium strength lager).

7 hours ago, RiMo said:

Is there any likelihood of the rumoured second Manchester date being added? 

if there's plenty of tickets left for the first show, then unlikely.

I know the stones took that 2nd date as 'an option', but that's a different thing to the show actually going ahead.

23 hours ago, jackarmy said:

So in other words I need to stand at the back with an umbrella and waterproofs whatever the weather! :huh:

The Stones' social media feeds have been hyping up the Manc date, so one suspects there are still tickets to flog.  

It's not impossible that the rumours of the second date have caused people to hold off buying, thus more or less guaranteeing that it doesn't go ahead :lol:

2 hours ago, slash's hat said:

So in other words I need to stand at the back with an umbrella and waterproofs whatever the weather! :huh:

Good heavens, no. This isn't an Oasis gig...

I’d guess anyone dropping in to this thread would like Rock n Roll guns for hire: the story of the sideman.

Just caught up with it on the iplayer. Had been on Bbc 4.

Some good Stones footage and interviews amongst other good stuff.

Lots of rumours about the Ricoh 2nd June going around today. Any updates Neil?

Edited by phimill

40 minutes ago, phimill said:

Lots of rumours about the Ricoh 2nd June going around today. Any updates Neil?

nothing i've heard.

Thought Villa Park was the venue for the Midlands?

There will be a few irritated people in the West Midlands right now who shelled out for London/Manchester/Cardiff.

3 hours ago, retrokev said:

southampton st marys 29th may.announce monday. tickets on sale 15th march

Excellent news i'd given up on the St Mary's gig.