Rolling Stones

eFestivals

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I read through some of the 2013 thread last night, and there were a number of people (myself included) who were sure it was the last hurrah.  And here we are 5 years later.  Shows what we know.

It might just be time and perception playing tricks on me but I thought Tuesday was better than GF. Glasto was all about the event, Tuesday was about the performance

4 hours ago, some dude said:

A bottle or can of Fanta? I had an empty water bottle ready to fill from a water point, but had to throw it away, actually no I got it snatched of me and thrown away...The more I think back, it was completely ridiculous. None of the "security" had a clue, the guy manning the queue for left luggage barely knew that was what the queue was for let alone the bag policy when asked (surely you would tell the security/steward manning the queue!?). All he said was and I quote, "I just got told to keep the queue in a line". The search was a joke really, not sure they had a clue what they were patting down for, seemed all for show.

I was all ready to remove the fanta lid - as per advance instructions - which was there the other day - although if I could toss a 500ml bottle from one end of the pitch to the other  then I should be in the Olympics and seeing the prices I would have to be mad to toss the full bottle - I stood in front of the guy with the metal detector but he waved me on and did not look in my pockets - not sure if it was the walking stick that put him off - They claim  there was plastic cups at the water fountain - I bet they went fast - I did see a few Nutters tossing beer in the pitch and I did hear some idiot set off a distress flare near the end - how the hell did that get in ? There was lots of unhappy punters beside Bridge 2  - I saw females crying - if I had knowing about the bag store I would have directed them but I only found out about it the next day - when I left  I spotted rucksacks - bags of all sorts and Motorcycle Helmets - so much for Rock and Roll - you would hope that they were still there when the Owners came out but I bet the expensive items vanished - So how did you find out about the bag store and which bridge did you arrive at ? How long did it take you to get the item out ? and where exactly was this bag store ?

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

I was all ready to remove the fanta lid - as per advance instructions - which was there the other day - although if I could toss a 500ml bottle from one end of the pitch to the other  then I should be in the Olympics and seeing the prices I would have to be mad to toss the full bottle - I stood in front of the guy with the metal detector but he waved me on and did not look in my pockets - not sure if it was the walking stick that put him off - They claim  there was plastic cups at the water fountain - I bet they went fast - I did see a few Nutters tossing beer in the pitch and I did hear some idiot set off a distress flare near the end - how the hell did that get in ? There was lots of unhappy punters beside Bridge 2  - I saw females crying - if I had knowing about the bag store I would have directed them but I only found out about it the next day - when I left  I spotted rucksacks - bags of all sorts and Motorcycle Helmets - so much for Rock and Roll - you would hope that they were still there when the Owners came out but I bet the expensive items vanished - So how did you find out about the bag store and which bridge did you arrive at ? How long did it take you to get the item out ? and where exactly was this bag store ?

Only by luck really...the bag store is (or was on Tuesday) beside Box Office B (where you pick up lucky dips), so that's near Bridge 5 I think where I entered. Guessing everyone there was told because of how close it was to the bridge. Really disappointing to hear that people had to abandon there things elsewhere and no one was told though!

5 hours ago, some dude said:

A bottle or can of Fanta? I had an empty water bottle ready to fill from a water point, but had to throw it away, actually no I got it snatched of me and thrown away...The more I think back, it was completely ridiculous. None of the "security" had a clue, the guy manning the queue for left luggage barely knew that was what the queue was for let alone the bag policy when asked (surely you would tell the security/steward manning the queue!?). All he said was and I quote, "I just got told to keep the queue in a line". The search was a joke really, not sure they had a clue what they were patting down for, seemed all for show.

Had an empty Orange Lucozade bottle which I placed on the table along with my keys etc.. Bloke didn't even check to see if it was empty or not. Just picked it straight up and casually tossed it into the wheelie bin without even looking at me. A bin to put it in was all I was holding onto it for anyway, but even so...

As mentioned previously, none of the four or five stewards I asked had a clue where gate L was, and London Stadium are just as guilty for the lack of signage to it. One tiny arrow on one of the pillars somewhere was the only (correct) thing to gate L I saw all day, and that was after I'd worked out where it was (the ones "above ground" just had everyone going in circles). Even when I got there I don't think it had the big red capital letter above it that all the other gates had. Bit of a shambles is an understatement.

2 hours ago, stylishkids said:

Were they selling any LG merch on Tuesday or was it just the Stones?

Saw Florence a few weeks back but wasn’t able to pick up a tee so was half hoping to be able to tomorrow

I don't recall seeing any.

Plenty of Stones stuff though! I've just looked through the catalogue. Forty different types of top! A bit over the top?

12 minutes ago, some dude said:

Only by luck really...the bag store is (or was on Tuesday) beside Box Office B (where you pick up lucky dips), so that's near Bridge 5 I think where I entered. Guessing everyone there was told because of how close it was to the bridge. Really disappointing to hear that people had to abandon there things elsewhere and no one was told though!

Damn. So LD tickets are from Bridge 5? I could have sworn that there was one on bridge 1 for GA and another on bridge 2 for seating and GC etc. on Tuesday.

I may well have read that wrong. Thinking of phoning Axs now. Or London Stadium may be a better bet.

28 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Damn. So LD tickets are from Bridge 5? I could have sworn that there was one on bridge 1 for GA and another on bridge 2 for seating and GC etc. on Tuesday.

I may well have read that wrong. Thinking of phoning Axs now. Or London Stadium may be a better bet.

Below is a map from Tues...guessing it'll be the same tomorrow :)

IMG_3979.JPG.ac155b9a8ad541285d40d5005e910592.JPG

1 minute ago, some dude said:

Below is a map from Tues...guessing it'll be the same tomorrow :)

IMG_3979.JPG.ac155b9a8ad541285d40d5005e910592.JPG

Was just editing my above post when you replied. Said post makes no sense does it. It wouldn't be lucky dip if it was as I described.

I was going to add that I had looked at the map and that the ticket office makes sense and that the map does indeed put it near bridge 5.

BUT! Where did you get the above from? Did you only find this out when you got there? My email just says "Venue Box Office". No map. No clues. Nothing. The point of that arrow is nowhere near the ticket office icon on the map (above the community track). Either way it's a pain in the arse as my companion for tomorrow doesn't walk that good and that's about as far as you can get from Stratford Station.

The fact that there's a Box Office B suggests that there's a Box Office A somewhere.

Can I leave my friend on a wall somewhere while I pick up the tickets, or do they have to be with me to prove I'm not selling one on?

Neither Axs or the stadium are answering their phones.

Apologies if I've missed this info previously (I'll go back and have a look). Was convinced that I saw people picking up at the bridges for some reason.

Damn. Really thought I had everything planned out. Also now getting there an hour later than I'd ideally planned for tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Was just editing my above post when you replied. Said post makes no sense does it. It wouldn't be lucky dip if it was as I described.

I was going to add that I had looked at the map and that the ticket office makes sense and that the map does indeed put it near bridge 5.

BUT! Where did you get the above from? Did you only find this out when you got there? My email just says "Venue Box Office". No map. No clues. Nothing. The point of that arrow is nowhere near the ticket office icon on the map (above the community track). Either way it's a pain in the arse as my companion for tomorrow doesn't walk that good and that's about as far as you can get from Stratford Station.

The fact that there's a Box Office B suggests that there's a Box Office A somewhere.

Can I leave my friend on a wall somewhere while I pick up the tickets, or do they have to be with me to prove I'm not selling one on?

Neither Axs or the stadium are answering their phones.

Apologies if I've missed this info previously (I'll go back and have a look). Was convinced that I saw people picking up at the bridges for some reason.

Damn. Really thought I had everything planned out. Also now getting there an hour later than I'd ideally planned for tomorrow.

They sent it all in an email either the day before or on the day. 

I have no idea if there is another Box Office I am afraid, but agree it was a long bloody walk all the way around from Wick to get there. 

You will both need to be there as they stamp your hand (although debatable whether anyone was looking for this stamp when they scan your ticket, but probably best to get it).

Just now, some dude said:

They sent it all in an email either the day before or on the day.

I have no idea if there is another Box Office I am afraid, but agree it was a long bloody walk all the way around from Wick to get there.

You will both need to be there as they stamp your hand (although debatable whether anyone was looking for this stamp when they scan your ticket, but probably best to get it).

Nice one. Just found your post from yesterday at 09:54 that pretty much spells it all out.

I'm not bothered about getting there an hour later than planned either now, given that you got there at half six and got a Golden Circle. Bloody brilliant. Everyone should experience something like that at least once. Congratulations :).

Did everyone get the "offered a choice of five" envelopes thing, or did some just get given an envelope? I'm thinking now that they possibly hold onto the pricier seats until the last possible moment just in case some desperate people go for them at full price last minute.

3 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Nice one. Just found your post from yesterday at 09:54 that pretty much spells it all out.

I'm not bothered about getting there an hour later than planned either now, given that you got there at half six and got a Golden Circle. Bloody brilliant. Everyone should experience something like that at least once. Congratulations :).

Did everyone get the "offered a choice of five" envelopes thing, or did some just get given an envelope? I'm thinking now that they possibly hold onto the pricier seats until the last possible moment just in case some desperate people go for them at full price last minute.

Best of luck! The box office is open until 9pm (or so they claimed on Tuesday).

7 hours ago, MrZigster said:

see if you can spot yourself with below - it is best to think you will end up with standing/seats at the back and if you get more its a extra bonus - its a ' lucky dip ' so it will be a random allocation - Hope your train is not Cancelled again - warn your friend about the bag situation { what a balls up that was } 

https://youtu.be/LLXN5jU-Y8I