Rolling Stones

eFestivals

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Sounds great @The Nal, love The Worst and what can you say about Midnight Rambler? Probably the best song I've ever seen performed live.

Yes great at Glasto and great again last night. Unfortunately the idiotic Irish public, given the chance, left Moonlight Mile off the setlist but ho hum. Can't be helped. 

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wembley has the FA Cup this weekend and the play-offs next weekend so it’s not available this week.

London Stadium are pushing hard for more gigs.

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Living in SE London it’s much better for me. Wembley is a pain in the arse tobget to/from.

I know nothing about football - I live in North London so it should be easy but I have had a bypass to my leg so I cant walk far  - its a long walk from all three stations where if its the 02 or Wembley its a short walk.

well that is a bargain - in the presale with fees it cost me £100.45 for one for this Tuesday - its all a gamble and its impossible to know if the tickets will sell out fast or not.

Good luck to all who waited and can snap them up.

£35.35 each is a amazing price

this is going to catch out these fuckers who bought just to sell their tickets for inflated prices .

there is still people buying unaware that lucky dip is back .

Probably gonna get a couple lucky dips for Edinburgh - thanks to dentalplan for the heads up.

The only downside is possible split seats. Has anyone used this kind of system before? what do people think the chances are that the gf & I will end up sat at opposite ends of the stadium?

17 minutes ago, irm96 said:

Probably gonna get a couple lucky dips for Edinburgh - thanks to dentalplan for the heads up.

The only downside is possible split seats. Has anyone used this kind of system before? what do people think the chances are that the gf & I will end up sat at opposite ends of the stadium?

You Can't Always Get What You Want

if you wanted two seats together it would have cost you £200+ when they first went on sale so really you cant complain.

+ you may have access to the pitch so you can meet up there.

8 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

You Can't Always Get What You Want

if you wanted two seats together it would have cost you £200+ when they first went on sale so really you cant complain.

+ you may have access to the pitch so you can meet up there.

Totally get that, you’re spot on - beggars can’t be choosers and all that. I’ve snapped up 2 tickets anyway so I’m delighted - just my greedy side wondering if I should prepare myself to enjoy the gig solo

6 hours ago, irm96 said:

Totally get that, you’re spot on - beggars can’t be choosers and all that. I’ve snapped up 2 tickets anyway so I’m delighted - just my greedy side wondering if I should prepare myself to enjoy the gig solo

My best friends and I bought at the pre sale - we were is such a rush - there was no time to even coordinate our dates - we were just happy to get the tickets - I opted for 22 May - they opted for 19 June { as they had to book their airline tickets from Iceland - I kid you not } - even if we had been aware about a lucky dip option we would just not have taken the gamble as after all its unlikely there will be a big Stones tour like this again - they are a married Couple - they have pitch tickets but on entry - the male will race right down to the front  leaving his wife who will hang back as she just cant stand the crush - at Glastonbury 2013 he was at the Pyramid Stage at 14.00 - now that is keen { amazingly he stayed where he was and never even went to the bloody toilet } - We walked down when GFL confirmed the start time - even if we knew where he was it would have been impossible to reach him due to how dense it was - so while we saw the same thing ' we certainly were not together ' but it did not matter - good luck over where you end up but if you don't end up together - use the money you saved and go and buy a meal and a drink after it. 

How did I miss this thread? Doh! Other UK festivals forum. That's how. It's a gig, not a festival.

Anyways.

I also have this Bridge/Gate dilemma thing for The Olympic Stadium gig.

Me = Bridge 2/Gate L. Apparently no Gate L.

I'm sure it will work out.

Only time I've been there (via Stratford International) was for football in January. Didn't realise the thing was an island until now. With numbered Bridges and a moat?! I crossed via what I now know to be Bridge 1. Maybe they checked that I had a pre match stadium tour booking at Bridge 1? Maybe not? My recollection is that there were officials there but they weren't that bothered (I approached them, rather than the other way 'round). That was pre lunch time for a 3:00pm kick off so maybe I got lucky?

Bridge 2 looks slightly more of a PITA than Bridge 1 if landing via Stratford.

How have they allocated these things? If I were arriving from The North and got allocated Bridge 1 I would be well pissed off. That's a long unnecessary walk around a modern stadium.

Especially given the age of your average Stones fan ;).

Surely unworkable. There will be loads of people turning up at the wrong "Bridges".

Once you're on/in "The Island" it's a big circle that everone walks round. So. Really no hassle if you get onto "The Island" via the wrong Bridge? Let's hope "The Officials" don't get too officious.

If we get there early and are shut out, how about an eFests meet up? I think I will be wearing my well faded Welly Stones Glasto -T.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

How did I miss this thread? Doh! Other UK festivals forum. That's how. It's a gig, not a festival.

Anyways.

I also have this Bridge/Gate dilemma thing for The Olympic Stadium gig.

Me = Bridge 2/Gate L. Apparently no Gate L.

I'm sure it will work out.

Only time I've been there (via Stratford International) was for football in January. Didn't realise the thing was an island until now. With numbered Bridges and a moat?! I crossed via what I now know to be Bridge 1. Maybe they checked that I had a pre match stadium tour booking at Bridge 1? Maybe not? My recollection is that there were officials there but they weren't that bothered (I approached them, rather than the other way 'round). That was pre lunch time for a 3:00pm kick off so maybe I got lucky?

Bridge 2 looks slightly more of a PITA than Bridge 1 if landing via Stratford.

How have they allocated these things? If I were arriving from The North and got allocated Bridge 1 I would be well pissed off. That's a long unnecessary walk around a modern stadium.

Especially given the age of your average Stones fan ;).

Surely unworkable. There will be loads of people turning up at the wrong "Bridges".

Once you're on/in "The Island" it's a big circle that everone walks round. So. Really no hassle if you get onto "The Island" via the wrong Bridge? Let's hope "The Officials" don't get too officious.

If we get there early and are shut out, how about an eFests meet up? I think I will be wearing my well faded Welly Stones Glasto -T.

Well seeing they cant be bothered to indicate where bridge 1 to 5 is if it matters all that much then they should make it very clear - they don't 

I have to avoid crowds as I use a walking stick { after a artery bypass operation from my neck to my leg } so it makes sense for me to get off at Hackney Wick {red dot} and walk over Bridge 2 as my turnstile is J { very close to the blue dot }

as you do mention it is a very strange park - the flat map does not make this clear but this overhead does.

on my ticket { standing and unreserved seats }  it claims 

Bridge 1 turnstile J 

for me its going to be a major battle just to reach bridge 2 as I have not attempted to walk that far since my bypass. 

No mention of a gate { so I assume you mean turnstile L }

Even the more detailed football map does not mention a turnstile L but it looks as if it should be between Bridge 2 and Bridge 3 { so left of the blue dot }

so if you see this big battle on bridge 2 with a Mad Scotsman - that will be me.

My concern is not going - its leaving - as I shuffle back to Hackney Wick as I may have to wait until the crowds leave.

its going to be a Challenge. 

GO2.jpg.2844fa74aa9381f5bb3c8776cf91cf9c.jpg

go1.thumb.jpg.875be7f6267e434a06155ebd10877173.jpg