Rolling Stones

eFestivals

43 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Please let that St Mary's date end up being in the first few days of June.

Really don't know which one to go for I'm guessing it's going to be a nightmare to get tickets, I might even go for a midweek date in the hope there's less people trying.

By the way, if you go on their website and sign up to their mailing list it mentions you'll be the first to hear news about presales.

5 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Really don't know which one to go for I'm guessing it's going to be a nightmare to get tickets, I might even go for a midweek date in the hope there's less people trying.

By the way, if you go on their website and sign up to their mailing list it mentions you'll be the first to hear news about presales.

No money at the moment so hoping to just turn up on the night and see if I can get anything. Unfortunately I have exams until 1st June (in Southampton) and there are no dates that are close to me once I go back home after that, and not sure I wanna trek to Manchester or something just to try and get lucky outside the stadium. So really my only hope is for Southampton to be after 1st June.

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

No money at the moment so hoping to just turn up on the night and see if I can get anything. Unfortunately I have exams until 1st June (in Southampton) and there are no dates that are close to me once I go back home after that, and not sure I wanna trek to Manchester or something just to try and get lucky outside the stadium. So really my only hope is for Southampton to be after 1st June.

Ahh fair enough, would be a pretty decent post exams celebration too! 

Ill go anywhere I think, just grateful it's looking like they're before my July plans and the World Cup group stage.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Here's something I'm wondering: what do you think their final show will be? Where? Not including if one of them dies and they then decide to all retire because of it.

I'm wondering this myself and that's why I'm so desperate to go, by the time they play these dates it will have been five years since they last played in the UK, if they leave it that long again these could even be their last UK shows. 

I wonder if they could be the act already booked for Glastonburys 50th in 2020, itll be seven years since they headlined by then. I don't think they'll ever officially retire, like you say I can see them riding the money train until one of them dies. 

7 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Nah.

And unless there's standing the presales are usually just a way of shifting tickets in shitty parts of the stadium.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

me, i'd be surprised with that date happening. St Mary's is proper city centre, surrounded by houses.

(no idea if they've had other shows there. If they have, I guess they can do them).

My parents went to see someone like Robbie Williams there last year so it's does definitely happen 

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what are stadium shows like? Because they seem so unappealing.

im guessing unless I get there early and queue up for hours, I won't be anywhere near the front. I know it's the same for festivals but at least those usually go on for longer, there's more acts, more stages, and being in a field is probably nicer than being in a stadium.

can someone convince me that stadium shows aren't so bad?

Unless you get a ticket in the pit or one if the other golden circle options you won't be anywhere near the front anyway.

Sometimes the atmosphere is a bit better at the back anyway as there's space to dance and it's full of people who've spent the day in the pub rather than furious obsessives who've been queuing up for hours.

16 minutes ago, tjamest said:

For some reason i've been sent details from London Stadium. £89.95 General Entry which isn't bad, but £249.00 for Golden Circle!

£90 isn’t too bad considering it was about £80 for Kendrick Lamar, hopefully be able to get general admission in the pre sale tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Holiday Inn at the zoo £255 for that night.

£140 for the Saturdays either side.

For anyone thinking Edinburgh..........

Got a Prem Inn room for £70. City Centre ones are double that but I`ve used the one at the Gyle before and it`s right on the tram / train line.