Cabs or general public transport from/to Festival site

vargtimmen

Heja Guys,

It`s going to be my first time at the End of the Road and i`m a very bad sleeper when i`m inprisoned in a tent - do you guys know, if there are Cabs around the festival site or any kind of public transport - OR at least, are there any cars on the road nearby for a possible way to tramp away from the festival site? We`re going to stay with friends up in Shaftesbury but they will stay at the festival site the whole weekend.

Would be just great if someone was in a same situation. Or someone who is maystaying in Shaftesbury aswell to share the price for the gas toegther?! ;)

Cheers

Florian

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine stayed in a B and B in Shaftesbury last year, and got a cab to the festival  every day, and a cab back as well. Don't know the exact  details but I am sure ( knowing him...) that it  wouldn't have been too difficult to organise.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From the travel section of the EOTR site:

There is also direct shuttle bus service from Salisbury Railway Station to the festival site, details above.

There are also a number of trusted taxi companies operating in the area that can take you from the station to the festival site. A one way fare should cost approximately £45 per vehicle. There are 8 seater vehicles available upon request.

Classic Cabs – 01722710111

Salisbury Taxi – 01722339999

• 1 month later...

Yes, my comment was regarding the original question which was about getting to/from the festival when it is on, mentioning planning to stay with friends in Shaftesbury, and possibly heading back there every evening.

However it is worth bearing in mind that Gillingham Train station is only 12 miles away, rather than the 20 miles to Salisbury, so may prove a cheaper option for taxis and trains, depending on where you are travelling from.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 10:36 PM, vargtimmen said:

Would be just great if someone was in a same situation. Or someone who is maystaying in Shaftesbury aswell to share the price for the gas toegther?! ;)

Hi vargtimmen, you asked months ago but we are in the same situation. If you are still looking for someone to share a taxi (or if you have a better solution) please contact me.

If someone is staying in Shaftesbury or someone is driving to/from/through there ... it would be perfect.