Sign in to follow this  
vargtimmen

Cabs or general public transport from/to Festival site

Heja Guys,

It`s going to be my first time at the End of the Road and i`m a very bad sleeper when i`m inprisoned in a tent - do you guys know, if there are Cabs around the festival site or any kind of public transport - OR at least, are there any cars on the road nearby for a possible way to tramp away from the festival site? We`re going to stay with friends up in Shaftesbury but they will stay at the festival site the whole weekend.

Would be just great if someone was in a same situation. Or someone who is maystaying in Shaftesbury aswell to share the price for the gas toegther?! ;)

Cheers

Florian

A friend of mine stayed in a B and B in Shaftesbury last year, and got a cab to the festival  every day, and a cab back as well. Don't know the exact  details but I am sure ( knowing him...) that it  wouldn't have been too difficult to organise.

Hope this helps.

I guess it depends if you want to catch or miss the late sessions, which don't get announced till pretty much the last minute. You'd be missing the special ambience of the 3.00 am collapse into the tent routine, and the 7.00 am driving rain wake up call. Though of course, as we know, it never rains at EOTR.

From the travel section of the EOTR site:

There is also direct shuttle bus service from Salisbury Railway Station to the festival site, details above.

There are also a number of trusted taxi companies operating in the area that can take you from the station to the festival site. A one way fare should cost approximately £45 per vehicle. There are 8 seater vehicles available upon request.

Classic Cabs – 01722710111

Salisbury Taxi – 01722339999