What's everyone think then?

ramragon

12 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I am thrilled at Haçienda Classical to kick it off. Didn't want to see them at Glasto but I followed the group and I'm so pleased I did! They blew me away. @Pooly JP have a look on YouTube. They opened the pyramid. 

I'll check it out when i get chance and i suppose with it being the Thursday night theres a good chance I'll end up catching at least some of it with only a couple of other things up against it anyway.

21 minutes ago, Pooly JP said:

I'll check it out when i get chance and i suppose with it being the Thursday night theres a good chance I'll end up catching at least some of it with only a couple of other things up against it anyway.

Hacienda classical is an absolute must see ! Honestly get involved it’s a good show.

4 hours ago, Pooly JP said:

Very underwhelmed by headliners can't see how Run DMC are deemed top billing material when even the likes of Snoop and Public Enemy only subbed in previous years. Don't really get or know that much about the Hacendia thing and don't think i want to. 

Thankfully i've noticed plenty on line up to keep me interested and at least out of bands i've seen before James and Shed Seven are two that i always enjoy. Im sure i'll discover at least a few yet unlistened to gems so am now looking forward to it again after initial reaction.

overall nowhere near as bad as i first feared when i seen the initial announcement.

They co headlined IOW last year and despite what you may or may not think about that Festival, it’s a bigger Festival than KC so I guess they had to headline. That said they were bloody awful and have no place headlining the opening of an envelope never mind a Festival.

3 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Hacienda classical is an absolute must see ! Honestly get involved it’s a good show.

Agreed....they were great at Glastonbury opening the Pyramid on Friday Lunchtime.....I'm going to see them at Castlefield Bowl in June. I think they're a great Thursday headliner!

In fact, swop em for Run DMC

This morning would normally have been the day I drive to work blasting out all of the acts I’m excited to see in the fields following the lineup announcement. Not this time. I’m barely looking forward to any of them. KC for me over the recent years has actually ended up more about having a good time than the music even tho IMO the lineup has just got better year on year but I can’t hide my disappointment for this year. The 4 headliners barely have 10 big hits between them! I was wanting more hip hop but Run DMC Sat night headliners ? Seriously!! Every other lineup I look at appeals more to me than Kendal. The subs of james, Shed 7 and OCS are all too similar and from the same era, last hit was probably 20 years ago for the lot of them. I’m 34 so fully aware of these bands but they just don’t float my boat. Of the names that were banded around – LG, Prodigy, Chemical Bros, Courteneers at least one of these would have been nice. I’m wondering if there were budget restrictions this year!? What makes it worse was the way KC said it was going to be “big” and “worth the wait” then totally let us down. I normally have at least 7 or 8 acts I’m buzzing to see in the fields, this year none, actually none. I’d like to see the Libs but think they are a poor headliner tbh, Catfish I quite like but that’s about it.

Fingers crossed a few more acts will be added. Even the Glo tent looks poor this time. A basement jaxx DJ set, is that it ? poor. Oh well, at least I’ll be in a field getting pissed for 4 days with the boys. That’s something I suppose.

I’m happy enough but Kendal is seriously starting to lack imagination with who they’re booking. I’ve seen most of who is on & whilst I will no doubt get drunk & enjoy the festival as a whole, it could be the last year for me & this will be my 10th in a row. 

Part of the attraction of festivals is to see you’re favourite bands & check out something new. In terms of new bands, Callin Out stage is becoming a nightmare to get into after 7pm, Tim Peaks most of the time so you’re left with Chai, Woodlands & Riot Jazz. Glow Tent, impossible when someone decent is on too. Then is stops becoming great value & is just an expensive festival filled with some great unknown bands. I can get that at Lindisfarne & be closer to home & pay less than half the price. They have over egged the line up & it will be great but can’t help feeling disappointed with the serious lack of imagination. 

Does anyone else think that the organisers have made a conscious effort to appeal to an older audience this year? Where I was camped last year there was a lot of 16/17 year olds out of their minds and unable to look after themselves, and I feared KC was going the way of T in the Park. 

Last year there was stereophonics, franz ferdinand, tinie tempah, example, jake bugg, circa waves all aimed at a younger audience. Whereas this year, I cant imagine many 18 year olds knowing too many shed seven, run dmc, james, osc songs

24 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Last year there was stereophonics, franz ferdinand, tinie tempah, example, jake bugg, circa waves all aimed at a younger audience. Whereas this year, I cant imagine many 18 year olds knowing too many shed seven, run dmc, james, osc songs

Not so sure seems to be plenty of young uns on twitter very excited by the thought of Run DMC, no idea why though.

6 minutes ago, RossendaleR said:

With the relatively late announcement, I'm wondering if they thought they had someone big nailed on but who ultimately baled out? I've never had to book a big act myself, but I suppose it must happen quite a lot.

I heard it was more the band's arguing over who had bigger billing on the line up, wouldn't be the 1st time they've suffered with that problem over the years. I'm sure the very late announcement about 5 years ago was down to something like that

• Like 1

Went to KC 2015 and loved it. waited till this year when my youngest leaves school to take him on his first festival experience. "Lovely little festival this Son, loads of good bands on.".....    Even bought Emperor field tickets to make the experiences more comfortable for him. 

One word....     "Gutted".

I've either seen the bands announced at least 3 times or i've never wanted to. My Son has probably heard of 2-3 of them. Most of the time I look forward to the sun going down and watching the stage come to life but now I'm not even bothered. I can't even venture off to see someone else cos all they're doing is DJ'ing.....    

Note to self....   "Buy tickets AFTER line-up is announced next time"

26 minutes ago, Packham said:

Note to self....   "Buy tickets AFTER line-up is announced next time"

I get the feeling a lot of people are probably thinking that way. If I hadn't already bought I'm not convinced that i would have gone out and paid £160 on it. Don't get me wrong there's plenty on there for me to enjoy, but like you I've seen them all 2,3,4 and even 5 times before in some cases 

• Upvote 1

It’s our first year this year, we bought our tickets back in April in the super early pre advance dawn of man premature super early bird sale purely because last years had sold out and we liked the look of the Festival. We would definitely NOT be buying now but we will still go although it is a bloody long way from Somerset.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Grump said:

Looks like we're going to be heading in the opposite direction instead of doing KC this year, thinking about Beautiful Days...have you ever been?

No not been but we did think about it for this year but fancied KC more, I know a few people who go and love it. 

• Upvote 1

Well on the poster the only time it mentions "headliner" is regarding thursday night.

Let's be honest 

catfish haven't done anything since 2016 when they were last on, so warm up act.

Run Dmc are at afternoon booking at best.

And the Libertines ain't done shit since they got helicoptered into Glastonbury to open the pyramid a few years back. Again headline warm up act.

Wishful thinking haha

That would then make room for

Liam Gallagher on Friday
Chemical brothers on Saturday
And arctic monkeys on Sunday