Where do you buy your vinyl?

mike86

Hello YOAS, hope that you and yours are all happy and well too.

That shop is like my nemesis, I fight and lose sometimes. I have heavy gram vinyl on my shelves to prove it. Nothing you buy there is going to lose value though, you can cash it in at anytime if you need too. Neutral transactions, even investments at times. It is nice to have very good records to put on.

Edited by bamber

13 minutes ago, bamber said:

Hello YOAS, hope that you and yours are all happy and well too.

That shop is like my nemesis, I fight and lose sometimes. I have heavy gram vinyl on my shelves to prove it. Nothing you buy there is going to lose value though, you can cash it in at anytime if you need too. Neutral transactions, even investments at times. It is nice to have very good records to put on.

Hello bamber,

Unfortunately I've got step son problems at the moment, so things aren't as good as they could be. Hopefully it'll blow over. Time will tell.

In terms of that shop and good kit and that - I used to know somebody that started off his adult life becoming an utter stoner. He'd deal dope to keep up his own habit, and would get by comfortably at that. Then, for reasons I don't know, he suddenly decided that it was time to join the rat race. So, he went on a beginners computer programming course at what was a branch of Kalamazoo in Birmingham (not sure if they still exist, but the building where it used to be has a different name on it now). 

Anyway, he was (and presumably still is) heavily in to his music. When he started earning, and smoking less frequently, he invested in what was then called hi fi equipment. The thing is, he couldn't settle with what he had got, and was increasingly earning more and more money. So, to cut a long story short, I used to buy all his old equipment off him, as and when he upgraded. Why I actually did this, remains a mystery to me (given my repertoire of music, at the time - and probably now even!). 

So, I had some pretty natty kit, back in the day. Or at least I think I did. Looking at that site of yours I see that it has the name Denon mentioned. I remember having some of their kit from that lad. I also remember the name NAD, which I think was good, back in the day. Might still be OK, for all I know. Anyway, it doesn't matter, because I gave the lot to one of my step sons mates because I'd had it in storage for donkeys years. 

Anyway, I've just realized that all of the above has nothing really to do with vinyl - my apologies to the OP.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

Unfortunately I've got step son problems at the moment, so things aren't as good as they could be. Hopefully it'll blow over. Time will tell.

In terms of that shop and good kit and that - I used to know somebody that started off his adult life becoming an utter stoner. He'd deal dope to keep up his own habit, and would get by comfortably at that. Then, for reasons I don't know, he suddenly decided that it was time to join the rat race. So, he went on a beginners computer programming course at what was a branch of Kalamazoo in Birmingham (not sure if they still exist, but the building where it used to be has a different name on it now). 

Anyway, he was (and presumably still is) heavily in to his music. When he started earning, and smoking less frequently, he invested in what was then called hi fi equipment. The thing is, he couldn't settle with what he had got, and was increasingly earning more and more money. So, to cut a long story short, I used to buy all his old equipment off him, as and when he upgraded. Why I actually did this, remains a mystery to me (given my repertoire of music, at the time - and probably now even!). 

So, I had some pretty natty kit, back in the day. Or at least I think I did. Looking at that site of yours I see that it has the name Denon mentioned. I remember having some of their kit from that lad. I also remember the name NAD, which I think was good, back in the day. Might still be OK, for all I know. Anyway, it doesn't matter, because I gave the lot to one of my step sons mates because I'd had it in storage for donkeys years. 

Anyway, I've just realized that all of the above has nothing really to do with vinyl - my apologies to the OP.

Blessings to your son bro. Equilibrium in stance and deed is my aspiration. Nothing is guaranteed and nothing is out of bounds. It is unlikely that I will start smoking less frequently, nor is it likely that I will stop spending spare cash on records.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, bamber said:

Blessings to your son bro. Equilibrium in stance and deed is my aspiration. Nothing is guaranteed and nothing is out of bounds. It is unlikely that I will start smoking less frequently, nor is it likely that I will stop spending spare cash on records.

Cheers bamber.

I'll listen to that track and take it in tomorrow. Can't listen to it right now. I know, deep down, that I should listen to more of the stuff that you post. The shame, shame, shame, shame, shame's on me ;

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers bamber.

I'll listen to that track and take it in tomorrow. Can't listen to it right now. I know, deep down, that I should listen to more of the stuff that you post. The shame, shame, shame, shame, shame's on me ;