Finsbury Park VIP tickets

Rico_Pliskin

Hey I’m thinking about buying VIP tickets for the Queens of the Stone Age gig.

Has anyone here bought VIP tickets before? Is the raised seating /standing area much use or is it too packed to access. Just want a great view.

Whats your thoughts considering it’s £85 pound. Thanks all! 

Having a look now it doesn’t even look like there’s a raised platform. 

Anybody go VIP last year? Is there seperate area in pit? 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
Additional stuff

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/02/2018 at 9:00 AM, Rico_Pliskin said:

Hey I’m thinking about buying VIP tickets for the Queens of the Stone Age gig.

Has anyone here bought VIP tickets before? Is the raised seating /standing area much use or is it too packed to access. Just want a great view.

Whats your thoughts considering it’s £85 pound. Thanks all! 

Having a look now it doesn’t even look like there’s a raised platform. 

Anybody go VIP last year? Is there seperate area in pit? 

Have never bought VIP Tickets but over the past 29 Years I have worked in the VIP area loads of times for a long list of bands - they use slightly different configurations depending which band is playing - the VIP entrance tends to be at the same spot which is no where near the normal punters so there is certainly less of a queue although I have never seen a Golden circle - did they claim there was a Golden circle ?

At some events there is two stages but at others there is only one but the VIP area is normally stage right { as you look at the stage } but the actual back of the stage  is fenced  off and you need a AAA pass to reach that - the VIP area is not all that large.

Sure facilities are better but as to if its worth a extra £30 or so I cant say. 

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Nah just went with the standard one :)

well that will get you a few drinks - going by the Council its limited to 45k

When you leave just dive on a bus - does not matter where its going just as long as it passes a Tube station as the two tube stops near it get hectic and I have seen Finsbury Park Underground Station closed down as they clear the platforms.

I am lucky as I will be hanging back until the mob is clear having a drink at the back of the bar and then its a short ride on a bus back to my flat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

well that will get you a few drinks - going by the Council its limited to 45k

When you leave just dive on a bus - does not matter where its going just as long as it passes a Tube station as the two tube stops near it get hectic and I have seen Finsbury Park Underground Station closed down as they clear the platforms.

I am lucky as I will be hanging back until the mob is clear having a drink at the back of the bar and then its a short ride on a bus back to my flat.

After Community last year I walked from the exit (Manor House tube station area) past the closed station and towards Harringay Green Lanes (i'm sure the main station would also work) but the traffic wasn't moving at all near Manor House station, it was so busy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gfa said:

After Community last year I walked from the exit (Manor House tube station area) past the closed station and towards Harringay Green Lanes (i'm sure the main station would also work) but the traffic wasn't moving at all near Manor House station, it was so busy.

I know where you are - Harringay Green Lanes is a London Overground Station and its only two stops to Blackhorse Road station { heading east } where you can change onto the Victoria line. its the least used station on the Victoria line so its dead quiet.

That road you walked down is called Green Lanes and the traffic is always a right pain in the arse even when there is nothing on at Finsbury park.

At Finsbury park bus station { next to the tube station } there is in fact another Bus station once you walk under the rail bridge and that takes you away from Seven Sisters Road but if there is a Punter exit near Manor House tube station then that would be your best bet.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/finsbury-park-190816.pdf

With having a staff pass I can slip out of any gate but I don't know where the Crowd is sent.

I used to park in the crew car park but I knew the shortcuts to avoid Seven Sisters Road and Green Lanes but its now easier just using a bus as I live just down the road.

11 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I know where you are - Harringay Green Lanes is a London Overground Station and its only two stops to Blackhorse Road station { heading east } where you can change onto the Victoria line. its the least used station on the Victoria line so its dead quiet.

That road you walked down is called Green Lanes and the traffic is always a right pain in the arse even when there is nothing on at Finsbury park.

At Finsbury park bus station { next to the tube station } there is in fact another Bus station once you walk under the rail bridge and that takes you away from Seven Sisters Road but if there is a Punter exit near Manor House tube station then that would be your best bet.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/finsbury-park-190816.pdf

With having a staff pass I can slip out of any gate but I don't know where the Crowd is sent.

I used to park in the crew car park but I knew the shortcuts to avoid Seven Sisters Road and Green Lanes but its now easier just using a bus as I live just down the road.

Crowd is sent out in the North by Manor House station, so its quite a big walk back down to Finsbury (and all the London bound trains would be packed full anyway) I don't really know the area so we'll see what happens maybe its changed this year.

11 hours ago, gfa said:

Crowd is sent out in the North by Manor House station, so its quite a big walk back down to Finsbury (and all the London bound trains would be packed full anyway) I don't really know the area so we'll see what happens maybe its changed this year.

They build the wall in the same place { although some weekends it may be expanded or contracted } the Gates tend to be in the same place - if you have a VIP pass you can get out ' near Finsbury Park station ' - I have seen events when they allowed normal ticket holders out ' the way they walked in ' { so again its near Finsbury Park station } but if they only open the ' east gate ' that will take you up to Manor House station - although there is a way to follow the wall round heading towards Finsbury Park station but I don't know if they have extra barriers in place - if I was a Punter I would head straight for Harringay Green Lanes as its not as well knowing - I would avoid Finsbury Park tube station { as they are still doing work on it so even if you get in some of the stairs down to the platform are blocked off - that work is not due to end until 2019 - Finsbury Park Tube station is used by over 32 million passengers a year, making it the fourth busiest on the Tube network outside Zone 1 }

I have been doing events there since 1989 and they tend not to change things { well the Festival Republic ones { used to be called the Mean Fiddler } although inside the wall they shuffle things about 

how it looks before the Gates open.

2011-wbc-03.thumb.jpg.d9491a7568e8d15f8083b7a92b84821d.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Like 1