Meltdown 2018

the wonderwhy

17 hours ago, dj_tim said:

Does anyone have the answer to this?

You will be able to buy up to the ticket limit in the members presale. Warning though, I imagine this will be as much of a bunfight as the NIN sales were. I didn't even end up getting a ticket for them in the members sale, I only had luck in the band presale. Luckily I am near the Southbank and will use my membership for more than just this.

21 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Does anyone have a pic of the seating areas and prices? Might need to get a friend to buy my ticket so need as much info as possible

They don't list which prices are for which areas until its on sale annoyingly. It varied quite a bit depending which artist it was for before. Generally as a rule of thumb, the front stalls and front of balcony are the highest price, then it gets a bit lower the further back you go. Rear stalls might be the second tier of pricing, then restricted view and back of balcony will be cheapest. The Cure has listed prices of £25-65 so expect the front stalls to be £65.

102-royalfestivalhallseatplan.png

27 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

That's odd. I wonder why?

Has their show completely sold out? Not sure how to check. But general sale is Monday yes?

Cos they don’t want to encourage people to stand up when they could sit and enjoy their tunes just as well, was the gist of the since-deleted tweets. Tbf they’re right, and with an older fanbase and a long old show you gotta be considerate.

I don’t know about the tickets, just that they’re not available now, whether that’s cos it’s too early or too late.

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh man that sounds like you're gonna have an incredible time. Jealous! Which are you most looking forward to?

I got two other friends to help me get a ticket this morning. They had thousands ahead of them in the queue but I was lucky enough to only have about 50 in front...

Despite having third row for NIN, I think it will have to be The Cure/Curaetion/Robert Smith and will be hoping for some fan pleasing obscurities that haven't seen the light of day for years!

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, it seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Plus I'm hoping they'll be even more enthusiastic as they'll probably be playing what they want instead of what the fans want. Like I think it's a great song but don't you think they get bored of playing "Friday I'm in Love" all the time?

What area are you seated in? I'm on the side section of the rear stalls.

They aren’t really a greatest hits band and quite regularly leave “greatest hits” out of the setlist which is why Hyde Park will be fairly unique if they do actually perform them all there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, dilgreene13 said:

They've released tickets (probably returns) for a bunch of previously sold out shows. No NIN or Cure, but just about everything else.

And, they announced they're not replacing Frightened Rabbit. Queen Elizabeth Hall will be dark that night, in memory.

There were Cure ones as I managed (eventually) to get a 4th row one. Some boxes and other stalls tickets were also available, although not many.

22 hours ago, dilgreene13 said:

They've released tickets (probably returns) for a bunch of previously sold out shows. No NIN or Cure, but just about everything else.

And, they announced they're not replacing Frightened Rabbit. Queen Elizabeth Hall will be dark that night, in memory.

Cheers for the heads up... got one for MBV earlier :)

18 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is it worth paying £45 to see MBV? Or would it  probably be cheaper to just see them at regular gig? I'm really struggling to decide whether to go or to just cross my fingers and hope they announce more shows

I've never seen them but they have a good live reputation. Going by the price of gigs in general these days you'd probably end up paying close to £45 anyway but would be able to get closer to the action than you would at this. 

On 29 May 2018 at 6:34 PM, dilgreene13 said:

Absolute legend for noting this! Bagged myself some MBV ticket

• 2 weeks later...

Its just odd that I got both the Cure ones last week but not MBV or NIN. All were separate orders. I've emailed them now and they "have just emailed you the e-tickets now and they should be with you within the next few hours." which makes no sense but hopefully I should get them soon!

19 hours ago, emmanuel said:

Still haven't got MBV and Mogwai tickets....

I went to see Alcest last night and it was pretty simple to just get them printed there last night. 

My eticket never came... think it was a problem for everybody.