Jump to content
randlfan

Lineup 2020

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, GDaly said:

I know everyone is on the MCR reunion hype but what are thoughts on a potential AM headline?

I'd presume they don't have the budget for both.

Not heard if Arctics are doing any new shit yet. I'd be up for another Last Shadow Puppets album but I think Miles Kane is touring next year, so that's out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'd presume they don't have the budget for both.

Not heard if Arctics are doing any new shit yet. I'd be up for another Last Shadow Puppets album but I think Miles Kane is touring next year, so that's out.

The Voidz and The Strokes played a couple of the same festivals in 2019 so could potentially happen, though doubt another TLSP album until after AM 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, R Shah said:

The Voidz and The Strokes played a couple of the same festivals in 2019 so could potentially happen, though doubt another TLSP album until after AM 7.

Point taken.

Tbf if the Arctics turn around and announce a gig or appearance at a thing like this, that's definite confirmation they've got something new in the pipeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According the the MCR Subreddit they're doing a show at Stadium Mk in June with the possibility of another date. That would almost certainly rule them out of R&L. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday June 6th

or 

Saturday June 26th 

Makes most sense to me for MCR at Stadium MK. Avoids Download and Glastonbury (but perhaps more importantly Hella Mega). Unless they wanna go for a weeknight and make us all use up some annual leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Saturday June 6th

or 

Saturday June 26th 

Makes most sense to me for MCR at Stadium MK. Avoids Download and Glastonbury (but perhaps more importantly Hella Mega). Unless they wanna go for a weeknight and make us all use up some annual leave. 

I had heard June 30th, but it sounds like everyone is getting the same sort of intel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah what I heard is the Euro leg is in June and July so the rumours about the June show in London fits. Also means that they are in the frame for both the Euro fests I heard that they are doing.

If you wanna see them at a festival this coming summer look to mainland Europe. 

Edited by Matt42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tbrock said:

I had heard June 30th, but it sounds like everyone is getting the same sort of intel.

A Tuesday :mellow:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah what I heard is the Euro leg is in June and July so the rumours about the June show in London fits. Also means that they are in the frame for both the Euro fests I heard that they are doing.

If you wanna see them at a festival this coming summer look to mainland Europe. 

Do you think APE get them on an exclusive ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

to get more activity in here, if you see this you are legally obliged to reply with your headliner predictions. I’ll start:

The Strokes, Stormzy, Travis Scott X BMTH

BMTH / Catfish, Travis Scott, MCR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Catfish in Birmingham the other night.

no Tyrants or Business on the setlist, fuming. Nah I’ve seen them twice this year now and both times they’ve put on a really solid performance. Wouldn’t be one of my personal choices for headliner but they’d do well in a co-head or something.

Edited by TheWaters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon we will get an announcement at the end of the month, R&L's social media has been active, instalment plans come out today, line up announcement last Friday of week to coincide with fans pay day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TommyS said:

I reckon we will get an announcement at the end of the month, R&L's social media has been active, instalment plans come out today, line up announcement last Friday of week to coincide with fans pay day?

There's only been one year where they haven't head a late Nov/early Dec announcement since about 2012 so I think it's a safe bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Saw Catfish in Birmingham the other night.

no Tyrants or Business on the setlist, fuming. Nah I’ve seen them twice this year now and both times they’ve put on a really solid performance. Wouldn’t be one of my personal choices for headliner but they’d do well in a co-head or something.

I saw them In Newcastle last night. Really enjoyed their set, I don't think it'll be long before they headline to be honest but I do wonder if they could do with one more album before they do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Saw Catfish in Birmingham the other night.

no Tyrants or Business on the setlist, fuming. Nah I’ve seen them twice this year now and both times they’ve put on a really solid performance. Wouldn’t be one of my personal choices for headliner but they’d do well in a co-head or something.

They are so dire

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stuielooie said:

They are so dire

Probably one of my biggest genuine guilty pleasures lmao. Didn't like them for ages but friends love them an got me into them, definitely rate them more now than I did at the start of the year.

8 minutes ago, tobydlb said:

thoughts on new BMTH track?

Loving it. Radio friendly enough for the modern BMTH, heavier than all of Amo. Perfect balance imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

According the the MCR Subreddit they're doing a show at Stadium Mk in June with the possibility of another date. That would almost certainly rule them out of R&L. 

There's certain confidence in that if their Reddit is confident enough to say its happening. Though I'd be surprised if they were to pull a Rammstein and only play Milton Keynes, given I seem to recall them being big enough to do a big arena tour in the UK shortly before they split.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I saw them In Newcastle last night. Really enjoyed their set, I don't think it'll be long before they headline to be honest but I do wonder if they could do with one more album before they do it.

Doubt that it'd really matter though, since all their songs sound the same...?

But tbh it wouldn't shock if they headlined on the next album, or co-headlined next year. They are a decent live band tbf to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...