Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

What you’ve heard is probs kosher. Before the reunion was announced I heard that they were in the mix for June/July Euro fests and back to the US for Lolla in August. If there’s gonna be a UK date it’s during June and July.

Ok I'm still sceptical of what I've heard but are you dismissing it because of the timeframe? Because it literally agrees with that. I even specified a show in June (anyway, I could have remembered that wrong, might have just said Summer). I shrugged this off weeks ago but when you said those European fests it all made sense and seems to come together pretty well imo. Not saying that confirms it but it has got to add weight to it surely?

Just now, justanothername said:

Ok I'm still sceptical of what I've heard but are you dismissing it because of the timeframe? Because it literally agrees with that. I even specified a show in June (anyway, I could have remembered that wrong, might have just said Summer). I shrugged this off weeks ago but when you said those European fests it all made sense and seems to come together pretty well imo. Not saying that confirms it but it has got to add weight to it surely?

Read what I said again. I said what you’ve heard is probably correct info as it lines up with what I heard.

7 hours ago, LRDJ said:

I've been told that MCR are playing a 40k capacity show in Milton Keynes in June, can only think it would be the National Bowl? Would also make sense with the multiple acts below them.

100% a more likely outcome than Reading at this time. They'll sell it to their fans, Reading is far removed from the emo line of things. I was at a hostel with a group of between 19 and 21 years olds that are Leeds attendees and they were all over Major Lazer, Disclosure and Tyler....the types of people that will buy a weekend tickets just for them.

17 hours ago, LRDJ said:

I've been told that MCR are playing a 40k capacity show in Milton Keynes in June, can only think it would be the National Bowl? Would also make sense with the multiple acts below them.

Well, the only other large-scale gig venue in Milton Keynes is the MK Dons stadium, which is where Rammstein, Take That and Rod Stewart played this summer, but that place is 30k max. MK Bowl is 65k max, although hasn't been used since EDC in 2016.

I think it would be cool if they began to use it again. I know that as MK Bowl has struggled for use this decade (don't think new Wembley/London Olympic Stadium has helped) so it'd be good to see something back there. Whether it happens is another matter - I've always been of the opinion these things ain't happening until its confirmed.

Edited by charlierc

34 minutes ago, jump said:

I can't stand Milton Keyes for gigs. It's a soulless place, the trains are shit and it's going after the same crowds as London so why not just go to London instead.

I'm not there on the soulless tag, which I think is a hangover from previous years, but I'm never a fan of how they handle traffic for Bowl gigs. Just overkill on road closures and a real lack of directions when trying to find your way out means you get lost easily. I do agree the London-MK trains are terrible late at night though, and they seem oddly susceptible to issues, given there seems to have been major problems happening there a lot recently.

Its still got a while until it meets the gold standards of the worst train back after a London show. When I saw Muse at the Olympic Stadium in June, it coincided with Champions League Final parties, BTS, Tenacious D, Mumford & Sons, Michael Buble, Camden Rocks Festival and fuck knows what else. Every train was rammed and that's assuming you could get on at all. It was fucking awful.

Saw Glass Animals yesterday at their comeback gig after the drummer's accident. Played three new songs and then after the gig they came out and I asked them about whether they would be doing reading or glastonbury. Dave gave a very like 'yes but i can't say yes' kind of answer so I guess once they release their first NA/Europe date we will know whether they will be about in June time or for reading in August. Last time they toured in 2018 they did early summer (APE) so i guess its reading's turn again now. They could play Truck as they are from oxford which would probably mean late summer festivals here - I think if the album is out and popular then they could play 4th down maybe or take the NME sub again/headline if their album does particularly well. Thoughts?

Also BBK aren't headlining surely not? Nothing has made them bigger than what they were when they last played it seems to me.

8 hours ago, TheWaters said:

To be fair they've been in a fair few predictions ever year since they broke up. Pure chance I'm saying.

I swear its been rumoured every year since about 2/3 years after they initially split.

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

R&L social media is showing more activity at the moment. I reckon there will be an announcement soon!

Do they usually announce a headline pick in November?