Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Have we actually got to the fucking point with Reading and Leeds that, if an act can play a slot and people would agree it's a fine booking and not have a meltdown, they are in fact too big for the slot and should be one place higher?

Well it’s just upon analysis of R&L’s recent booking policies.

Also Tyler is a front runner for a wireless headline spot - he’s not gonna be playing below sub?

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well it’s just upon analysis of R&L’s recent booking policies.

Also Tyler is a front runner for a wireless headline spot - he’s not gonna be playing below sub?

Skepta headlined Wireless and was announced to headline R1 stage at R+L the next year. I don't think A$AP Rocky would sub either. Nevertheless, I didn't say that he wouldn't sub; I inferred he wasn't a remarkably big sub - not one that consolidates a weak headline booking, if that's a thing.

Also, please only use question marks for actual questions because it confuses the shit out of me.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Slowthai could do it against Slipknot.

He was fucking horrendous when I saw him supporting Slaves last year. Throwing up on stage multiple times, arguing/throwing things at the crowd, kept repeating "fuck Theresa May" as he hasn't got decent crowd bantering skills etc yet if he was professional and didn't act like a giant penis on stage I'd be disappointed if I ever saw him again.

Edited by jump

43 minutes ago, Yanazard said:

Apparently Slipknot aren't playing.

Avenged Sevenfold for the curveball/heavier headliner, maybe? Not sure if they're really 'huge' though...

EDIT: Oh shit, what if it's Tool? Again, not particularly huge and would be weird as fuck for modern Reading. Or AC/DC? Probably too huge there though. Is Guns N' Roses 'Not In This Lifetime' tour still going?

Got a lot of ideas suddenly coming to mind - Rammstein? Aerosmith? My Chemical Romance?

Edited by Hart Attack

3 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Avenged Sevenfold for the curveball/heavier headliner, maybe? Not sure if they're really 'huge' though...

EDIT: Oh shit, what if it's Tool? Again, not particularly huge and would be weird as fuck for modern Reading. Or AC/DC? Probably too huge there though.

My first though was BMTH but they aren't really a curveball headliner and I can't really imagine them selling heaps of day tickets. Unless there is still one headliner remaining who hasn't been booked yet who they can Co-headline with. 

6 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

EDIT: Oh shit, what if it's Tool? Again, not particularly huge and would be weird as fuck for modern Reading. Or AC/DC? Probably too huge there though. Is Guns N' Roses 'Not In This Lifetime' tour still going?

Got a lot of ideas suddenly coming to mind - Rammstein? Aerosmith? My Chemical Romance?

Rammstein with their current stage set up I'd doubt they would be doing festivals. The stage was literally higher than the roof of the stadium when they played MK a few months ago. 

I thought Axel has beef with R&L over the last time Guns n Roses played.

Foals, Liam Gallagher, Catfish, The Strokes, Kasabian are probably the most realistic for the indie headliner. Unless they've really surprised us all and got AM back again.

Stormzy, Drake, Travis Scott, Kanye West (wishful thinking) for the rap headliner.

Guns 'N' Roses, AC/DC, Queens Of The Stoneage, Metallica, Blink-182, Red Hot Chilli Peppers(?) probably the main options for the heavier headliner if it's not Slipknot? Can't think of many others.

28 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Could it be AM cos they are unexpected and would kinda be a curveball booking

I wouldn't call that a curve, they're more of a standard major fest booking. I'd consider something like the Jonas Brothers, Little Mix or Def Leppard more of a curveball myself rather than bands like Slipknot or Arctic Monkeys who have play the fest before.

1 hour ago, jump said:

I'd consider something like the Jonas Brothers, Little Mix or Def Leppard more of a curveball myself rather than bands like Slipknot or Arctic Monkeys who have play the fest before.

Slipknot are 100% a very big curveball booking for R+L in 2020. Ten years ago, maybe not, but now they're surely as extreme as it could get with headliners. Think with an undercard similar to this year's Sunday, it would go down great.

Can't see anyone "classic" e.g. AC/DC, Metallica, GNR being booked it would just be so weird with the age difference and vibe etc.

Radiohead is a good shout for a curveball though, whoever mentioned it earlier.

Just now, Sam Y said:

Even though we've got to remember to take this with a pinch of salt cos there's no chance of knowing if it's true or not 

Was just typing this up now.

No disrespect to @Yanazard as they're just passing on what they were told - and it's appreciated - but the really vague ones are usually bollocks.

53 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Radiohead is a good shout for a curveball though, whoever mentioned it earlier.

Didn’t they say they’d never do a Live Nation event ever again because of the stage collapse? I know it’s technically Festival Republic but they’re owned by Live Nation.

Also, I cant see them doing anything together anytime soon. Thom’s got his solo album that he’s still touring, Jonny’s gone all classical/film composer, Ed’s working on a solo album. I’d love to see them back again but I’m afraid I can’t see them coming back to R&L.

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Didn’t they say they’d never do a Live Nation event ever again because of the stage collapse? I know it’s technically Festival Republic but they’re owned by Live Nation.

Also, I cant see them doing anything together anytime soon. Thom’s got his solo album that he’s still touring, Jonny’s gone all classical/film composer, Ed’s working on a solo album. I’d love to see them back again but I’m afraid I can’t see them coming back to R&L.

They also said they'd never play Creep again until they played it at Reading. For a band that gets praised for their creativity their most known song is still one that they ripped off.