Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Liam138 said:

Surely Tame Impala should be considered for headline slot this year? Big comeback was at Glastonbury and got new album on the way soon. 

Don't think so really. They don't appear to be a big enough ticket seller in this country at the moment to headline Reading and/or Leeds, and - with 2013 being the last time they appeared - they're not a band that R+L have been guiding up the lineup, like they do with just about every other headliner. I think they'd be an appealing sub but they were touring Europe in late-summer so I'm not sure they'll be back around that time next year.

42 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Don Broco headlining Slam Dunk. I assume that rules them out for R&L?

I think they'll be at Reading without a doubt. Possibly R1 headliner at this point? 

If memory serves me well, Rob pretty much confirmed they'd be back next year with a tweet from this years festival.

5 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

I think they'll be at Reading without a doubt. Possibly R1 headliner at this point? 

If memory serves me well, Rob pretty much confirmed they'd be back next year with a tweet from this years festival.

I read on one of the announcement pages that Slam Dunk have them as a UK Festival Exclusive (can't find the page now)

36 minutes ago, Rocketfrog1820 said:

I read on one of the announcement pages that Slam Dunk have them as a UK Festival Exclusive (can't find the page now)

And returning to Hatfield to headline Slam Dunk 2020 in an exclusive UK festival appearance will be Bedford rock titans Don Broco.

https://www.whtimes.co.uk/what-s-on/music/slam-dunk-festival-2020-line-up-1-6288605

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Foals putting out another belter which is unsurprising. May be bias but their music is ideal headlining material, really hoping we get to see it happen.

Always been a Foals fan but since seeing them absolutely smash Ynot this year I've become somewhat of a megafan lmao. My ideal headliner for next year. I really think it'd be a good booking especially with this new album coming. Will be 2 new albums worth of material since they co-headed in 2016 they could easily do it.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Always been a Foals fan but since seeing them absolutely smash Ynot this year I've become somewhat of a megafan lmao. My ideal headliner for next year. I really think it'd be a good booking especially with this new album coming. Will be 2 new albums worth of material since they co-headed in 2016 they could easily do it.

That was the same with me until I saw their headline set in 2016, ever since they've been my favourite band. Their music is perfect for finishing the night and I personally think they'll draw a really good crowd. Really just want them to get the slots they deserve.

• Upvote 2