Lineup 2020

randlfan

4 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

How do you know the booking cost of Kasabian 

How do you... that year they were the cheapest act by a long way.

4 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

The Eminem crowd was absolutely massive, one of the biggest I’ve seen in 17 years of going.

I'm sure but Drake's would be even larger and he would sell more tickets than Eminem off his name I reckon.

6 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

they could easily do it this year, they’ve played and sold out (i assume) wembley arena

I was just messing with Andre but the venues they play clearly don't factor into their festival slots. They were 5th down main stage at Kendal Calling this year, after selling out Wembley Arena. Third down main at Y Not, Truck and Community as well.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I was just messing with Andre but the venues they play clearly don't factor into their festival slots. They were 5th down main stage at Kendal Calling this year, after selling out Wembley Arena. Third down main at Y Not, Truck and Community as well.

Sent my Broco sense a’tinglin’, you did. 

On 9/10/2019 at 12:55 PM, Steve1000 said:

What about when they got Eminem and coughed up for Muse and Kasabian?

Two British headliners won't cost as much.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:14 PM, Dukey said:

I'd happily hand my money over for a top bill like that. 

Easily pleased.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, gfa said:

Fair enough but that year didn't even sell out. Kasabian aren't expensive also, definitely a cheaper act when compared to many others. Drake would sell a lot more tickets than Eminem - Eminem is very popular and was massive but now he isn't releasing even close to as much music as Drake and not as big songs either. Reading audience would certainly be more tempted by Drake I think its safe to say.

How can you sell a lot more tickets than an act than sold his day out in comfortably the quickest time by recent standards at Reading anyway and weekend tickets sold. I don't remember fully but I don't think he was that far from selling out his Leeds day.....comfortably the biggest selling hip hop/rap artist over this side of the pond still. 

I can't imagine The Strokes, Slipknot and Drake costing more than any of the past four years' lots of headliners but you'd have to be off your head to think that Reading and Leeds couldn't afford them regardless.

They were apparently chasing Drake last year and ended up with Post Malone, and that's as well as the notoriously expensive Foo Fighters and TWO other headliners! And no, coheadliners don't split a pay cheque.

Edited by dentalplan

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

How can you sell a lot more tickets than an act than sold his day out in comfortably the quickest time by recent standards at Reading anyway and weekend tickets sold. I don't remember fully but I don't think he was that far from selling out his Leeds day.....comfortably the biggest selling hip hop/rap artist over this side of the pond still. 

With this - Drake would at the £90 price point or whatever it is for a day ticket sell out possibly within weeks of its announced unless I am missing something or at least shift a load of weekend tickets and sell out later on. If Wireless with Cardi B ?was it? headlining a day went within a week then Reading should go just as quick. Only thing that makes me doubt it is that Reading is out of town but it would without a doubt sell a lot of tickets.

I am pretty sure Drake is crazy expensive like Foo Fighters level - based on his recent tour he is certainly charging that level of pricing.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can't imagine The Strokes, Slipknot and Drake costing more than any of the past four years' lots of headliners but you'd have to be off your head to think that Reading and Leeds couldn't afford them regardless.

They were apparently chasing Drake last year and ended up with Post Malone, and that's as well as the notoriously expensive Foo Fighters and TWO other headliners! And no, coheadliners don't split a pay cheque.

I'm still not remotely convinced about Slipknot and there's a lot of better options than The Strokes (i love them but its true) I am not saying they couldn't afford that and if I did I take it back.

Surely they wouldn't have got Foos and Drake in the same year - would not have been a smart move on their part given the sell out too. Seems like complete overkill to me really. With the coheadliners don't split the pay cheque - no they don't but they are two cheaper headliners so its only a bit more than a normal headliner or could even be less. I think it would be fair to bet Foos this year were paid more than the 2016 sets of coheads combined together for their day (inflation adjusted etc)

Not sure I would buy them chasing Drake too - Post was a really good get for them even if he is absolute w*nk I bet at the time he was booked the price tag was a lot more manageable than what he will be charging for next years shows.

9 hours ago, gfa said:

With the coheadliners don't split the pay cheque - no they don't but they are two cheaper headliners so its only a bit more than a normal headliner or could even be less.

Kendrick coheadlined and was rumoured to be their most expensive booking ever.

And you don't think Eminem would sell shit loads of 02 tickets?, Tbf, he came back and sold out V Festival, sold out Wembley twice, sold out Reading Festival then done Twickenham...is it any wonder the sales started to slow and to be honest one of those albums got scrapped and a another quickly released because he said it was shite. All I'm saying is compare 8 nights at The 02 where there is various dates for people to be able to go to huge outdoor shows. Drake....I don't dislike him btw, has done Wireless I agree but it's a fair bit smaller than the huge London gigs.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, stanh said:

Oh no, i agree with you mate, I love both artists loads.. but Drake could (imo) sell out a few nights at Wembley Stadium if he wanted to.. but his production does more suit an arena/night time environment; like he could do something like an OVO Festival in London if he wanted too and sell it out regardless of the undercard, but I think putting Drake up against Eminem in terms of ticket sales, Drake would take the crown, he is definitely more popular and able to shift tickets just because of his name - so booking him for RandL would make sense as he'd not only sell out his day tickets, but definitely shift a heap of weekend tickets too. But Drake can literally tour even after releasing nothing and still sell it out, if you get my point? I'm not saying Eminem is bad but Drake is the better ticket seller imo. 

Yup, I don't discredit what Drake can sell, I don't think there would be much between them. Not in a racist way but it's almost like black rappers and hip hop artists will sell more and I'm unsure that's the case. 

• Downvote 9

44 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

how the hell that got such a bad reaction when there are clearly white hip hop artists selling really well too I'm unsure. The sad thing is here that saying black is deemed bad when that's actually the least racist term you can describe them with.

Your post is not slightly racist, not sure how accurate it is though.