Lineup 2020

randlfan

‘IF’ the target audience is 14-18 year olds, does anyone know why that is?

Surely trying to attract underage punters who are being away from home on their own for the first time, away with their mates for the first time as well as trying alcohol and drugs for the first time would be the last thing anyone would try to attract, especially as it is likely to sell out anyway?

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

‘IF’ the target audience is 14-18 year olds, does anyone know why that is?

Surely trying to attract underage punters who are being away from home on their own for the first time, away with their mates for the first time as well as trying alcohol and drugs for the first time would be the last thing anyone would try to attract, especially as it is likely to sell out anyway?

What makes you think the kids are drinking and taking drugs for the first time? You make it sound like they are sweet innocent children leaving the house without their Mums for the first time. 

9 minutes ago, jump said:

What makes you think the kids are drinking and taking drugs for the first time? You make it sound like they are sweet innocent children leaving the house without their Mums for the first time. 

In many cases they are but I appreciate many have already taken drugs and alcohol.

However, my point still stands, why encourage underage punters who are more likely to create problems.

Edited by rivalschools.price

21 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

In many cases they are but I appreciate many have already taken drugs and alcohol.

However, my point still stands, why encourage underage punters who are more likely to create problems.

Who knows but at the end of the day it's the UK festival that has the most success outside of Glasto, just look at how many have folded in the last few years so you can't argue with the results. Perhaps staying the hip young fest means you don't have to worry about refilling the audience as it constantly attracts new people younglings to replace the ones you lose as they become parents, old or whatever.

Wolf Alice are already confirmed for Glastonbury which I think makes Reading less likely next summer. I know Billie Ellish amongst others played both but Ellish was on the Other Stage and originally on Radio One before the upgrade.

Wolf Alice are probably returning to the Pyramid Stage sub or third from top or headlining the Other Stage in my opinion which makes Reading less likely.

Edited by robillustrates

28 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Wolf Alice are already confirmed for Glastonbury which I think makes Reading less likely next summer. I know Billie Ellish amongst others played both but Ellish was on the Other Stage and originally on Radio One before the upgrade.

Wolf Alice are probably returning to the Pyramid Stage sub or third from top or headlining the Other Stage in my opinion which makes Reading less likely.

Acts play prominent slots at both Glastonbury and R&L all the time.

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I don’t know about you but I don’t think Tyler, The Creator would play Download.

Personally I don’t think any of those lineups @Andre91 suggested scream download any more than Foo Fighters/A Day To Remember/Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes/The Distillers/Enter Shikari did this year. 

I reckon a day like that with a combo of Stormzy/The Killers/Foals/The Strokes etc. Headlining the rest of the weekend would be perfectly acceptable.

Yeah Tyler being the odd one out on that day but the rest i can see. But then on your thinking, Foo Fighters isn't something I can ever see on a Download lineup.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah Tyler being the odd one out on that day but the rest i can see. But then on your thinking, Foo Fighters isn't something I can ever see on a Download lineup.

Would you have thought that Muse would do it before they did though - they haven't made particularly heavy music for like 15 years

24 minutes ago, Goer190 said:

Courteeners new album in Jan. Pretty cert sub headliner as if there was any doubt. 

Think next time they play they will co-headline, as weak as it may be.

Can see them doing APE, TRSNMT, Boardies in 2020, arena tour in winter then finish the album cycle co-headlining R+L 2021.

15 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Think next time they play they will co-headline, as weak as it may be.

Can see them doing APE, TRSNMT, Boardies in 2020, arena tour in winter then finish the album cycle co-headlining R+L 2021.

Just take the piss a bit and put them on last at Reading and second at Leeds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I think Foos are genuinely too big for download. They will always have a stronger option.

In no way are Foo Fighters too big for Download. Guns N Roses did it last year and AC/DC got their own stage. I do think that Foos at Download will inevitably happen in the next few years. 

When Muse headlined Download, they didn’t cater the day at all. It didn’t fit then whatsoever. 

And fuck the Courteeners. Stinkin’ band. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I really hope Slipknot do this. I notice that their shows at SSE Hydro, Motorpoint Arena and The O2 have already sold out. Given they were priced just shy of £70, a day ticket here would already be shaping up to be pretty decent value.

It would be brilliant - a similar day to the Metallica '15 day would be superb

So -

Slipknot / Architects (similar bump to BMTH) / Wolf Alice / Don Broco / Neck Deep would be outstanding but is unlikely to happen ever. 

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

It would be brilliant - a similar day to the Metallica '15 day would be superb

So -

Slipknot / Architects (similar bump to BMTH) / Wolf Alice / Don Broco / Neck Deep would be outstanding but is unlikely to happen ever. 

architects aren’t big enough to go 2nd, put them in between WA and Broco