Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lizzo is the biggest one i can think of, in more ways than one...

this thread:  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, alf13 said:

Think it’s becoming more and more likely by the day that R&L is gonna get cancelled tbh

Can't see it, this will all have blown over long before August! 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

reading is literally the only thing i have to look forward to this year

 

i can’t see it getting cancelled if it’s right at the arse end of august and they’re putting all these measures in place which will end in like, june/july

Link to post
Share on other sites

How much could all this impact artists financially? The likes of Declan McKenna, Vistas, Sea Girls etc are all releasing albums and on the verge of exploding but surely cancelled album tour shows would have a huge impact on that. Is it possible some artists could just call it a day over a lack of money? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sam217 said:

How much could all this impact artists financially? The likes of Declan McKenna, Vistas, Sea Girls etc are all releasing albums and on the verge of exploding but surely cancelled album tour shows would have a huge impact on that. Is it possible some artists could just call it a day over a lack of money? 

Unfortunately this could definitely happen. As fans, the best thing we can do is continue to support artists like this as much as we can. They're gonna need it. Especially on the smaller end, some bands for sure won't be able to viably continue.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sam217 said:

Is it possible some artists could just call it a day over a lack of money? 

Yup. Artists, festivals ... and festival websites. :( 

But hey, shit happens, and life for most of us will go on. It's where it won't that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sam Y said:

Would there be a chance of example being announced?

Hybrid Minds are at creamfields, SW4 and reading/leeds that weekend. Example is as SW4 and creamfields so I would say its possible but whether the festival even goes ahead or not is another question

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Lots of tours are being rescheduled for early September, hopefully optimistic signs that things will be alright for Reading.

I think that's much more about the biz trying to wish itself back into existence than it is an indicator of when touring will get back to normal. :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Fenders even rearranged some of his tour to the start of August which just seems optimistic to say the least.

Seemingly just dropped the Birmingham date from the reschedule dates too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, eFestivals said:

Yup. Artists, festivals ... and festival websites. :( 

But hey, shit happens, and life for most of us will go on. It's where it won't that matters.

Surely you’re getting unprecedented traffic at the moment? I hope you are okay Neil. Thanks for the work you’re doing for us!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Surely you’re getting unprecedented traffic at the moment? I hope you are okay Neil. Thanks for the work you’re doing for us!

traffic pays nothing at all, it's the advertising revenue and ticket commissions and gold subscriptions which generate the business income.
(The gold subscriptions fund the hosting so I'm confident efests isn't going anywhere.)

At least some (and perhaps all) of the ticket agents want ticket commissions back, and advertising revenue was already poor and is only likely to get much worse when so many businesses can't trade normally.

Don't feel sorry for me, it's a bit of a shit but it is what it is and I'll cope with life somehow. There's many more people in much worse situations than me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

traffic pays nothing at all, it's the advertising revenue and ticket commissions and gold subscriptions which generate the business income.
(The gold subscriptions fund the hosting so I'm confident efests isn't going anywhere.)

At least some (and perhaps all) of the ticket agents want ticket commissions back, and advertising revenue was already poor and is only likely to get much worse when so many businesses can't trade normally.

Don't feel sorry for me, it's a bit of a shit but it is what it is and I'll cope with life somehow. There's many more people in much worse situations than me. 

Okay! Thank you for keeping this site going by the way. I think it’s helping more people than you think.

Plus, no festivals doesn’t mean people would flock. I’m sure you know that all of us will find literally anything to natter on about :P 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, swain said:

i really think r&l is safe, but if i'm wrong i'm wrong.

can imagine a lot of artists will of changed their touring schedules now, especially american acts so if it does go ahead the line up will most likely have some big changes

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, OnlyRevolutions said:

can imagine a lot of artists will of changed their touring schedules now, especially american acts so if it does go ahead the line up will most likely have some big changes

Good, could do without migos on the line up 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...