Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

I thik it's more something inhaited because they from the north.  

I’m southern and i do actually quite like Courteeners tbh, but, i think its fair to say they haven’t released a good album since St. Jude.

Also that St. Jude Rewired album or whatever it was is awful

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lizzo is the biggest one i can think of, in more ways than one...

this thread:  

Posted Images

10 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

I can't unerstand all tha haterd towards the Courteeners.

They are indie act as The Kooks, The Wombats etc...

Why do people really only  focus on them all the timmr. Ok, they are from Mancchster, but it's still not a reson for so much slanders.

and BTW, from spotify they have roughly 70,000 listeners monthly from London which is almost triple the number from Manchster.

It's not that they only popular up north. It's only thay their fans in the north are a lot more loyal and devoteded for them.

3x as many fans in a city 10x as big - sums it up really, they are clearly more popular up north

They also take up slots bigger than they should be is the issue, two door around 3rd down/weak sub and wombats/kooks/vaccines 4th down roughly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

I can't unerstand all tha haterd towards the Courteeners.

They are indie act as The Kooks, The Wombats etc...

Why do people really only  focus on them all the timmr. Ok, they are from Mancchster, but it's still not a reson for so much slanders.

and BTW, from spotify they have roughly 70,000 listeners monthly from London which is almost triple the number from Manchster.

It's not that they only popular up north. It's only thay their fans in the north are a lot more loyal and devoteded for them.

The Kooks are even worse if that helps

I think the main problem is that the music is just boring and uninspired. 
 

I wouldn’t put the Wombats (also from the north) in the same bracket, they’re far more balls out poppy and interesting

Edited by Benj
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dum surfer said:

I’m southern and i do actually quite like Courteeners tbh, but, i think its fair to say they haven’t released a good album since St. Jude.

Also that St. Jude Rewired album or whatever it was is awful

I think ANNA is a superb album. I also think they've got a fair number of cracking songs scattered across the rest, including the new one.

Thought they were outstanding at Kendal Calling and while I think they're a shocking choice for a major festival headliner, I still suspect they'll put on a great show 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

I can't unerstand all tha haterd towards the Courteeners.

They are indie act as The Kooks, The Wombats etc...

Why do people really only  focus on them all the timmr. Ok, they are from Mancchster, but it's still not a reson for so much slanders.

and BTW, from spotify they have roughly 70,000 listeners monthly from London which is almost triple the number from Manchster.

It's not that they only popular up north. It's only thay their fans in the north are a lot more loyal and devoteded for them.

If it makes it better i hate the kooks , wombats and courteeners . In the bin with vaccines too . 

Also the courteeners are the biggest of these acts , so its only fair they get the most hate .

Edited by biggest032
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, biggest032 said:

If it makes it better i hate the kooks , wombats and courteeners . In the bin with vaccines too . 

Also the courteeners are the biggest of these acts , so its only fair they get the most hate .

Fair is the wrong word. Understandable is better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

I can't unerstand all tha haterd towards the Courteeners.

They are indie act as The Kooks, The Wombats etc...

Why do people really only  focus on them all the timmr. Ok, they are from Mancchster, but it's still not a reson for so much slanders.

and BTW, from spotify they have roughly 70,000 listeners monthly from London which is almost triple the number from Manchster.

It's not that they only popular up north. It's only thay their fans in the north are a lot more loyal and devoteded for them.

The kooks and the wombats dont have a good rep here either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

But so door also have more than 3 good songs

Not Nineteen Forever 

Are you in Love with a Notion and

Modern Love are the only decent Courteeners songs imo

Two Door have the whole of Tourist History, plus a couple of decent ones of every album since

Sun, Sleep Alone, Lavender, Gameshow, Are We Ready, Once

Disagree, just from their new album: Heart Attack, Heavy Jacket, Better Man, Previous Parties and Hanging off Your Cloud are bangers  then you have Acrylic, In love with a Notion, Small Bones, What took you so long (watch this song live on youtube the added part of James-Tomorrow at the end of this song is amazing), Cavorting, Not nineteen Forever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I love Heavy Jacket

Amazing riff, awful lyrics. Great live tho.

Remember someone earlier on the forum shuddering at the thought of hearing it ringing out on the main stage....;) 

Do we think there will be an act between Courteeners and Run The Jewels? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Amazing riff, awful lyrics. Great live tho.

Remember someone earlier on the forum shuddering at the thought of hearing it ringing out on the main stage....;) 

Do we think there will be an act between Courteeners and Run The Jewels? 

No.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, alf13 said:

Just been on the leeds website and seen that Relentless energy drink are no longer a sponsor. Wonder what this means for the Relentless stage? I assume they’ll carry it on under a new name instead of scrapping it? Weird cos Relentless have sponsored Leeds for the best part of the past decade or so I think. Thoughts?

Be gutted if no relentless stage, The late night stages is what makes leeds what it is I feel! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, R Shah said:

Amazing riff, awful lyrics. Great live tho.

Remember someone earlier on the forum shuddering at the thought of hearing it ringing out on the main stage....;) 

Do we think there will be an act between Courteeners and Run The Jewels? 

Doubt it, possible one between Slowthai and RTJ

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...