Jump to content
randlfan

Lineup 2020

Recommended Posts

The Pit ending early against the heaviest headliner and the 1Xtra stage ending early against the rap headliner surely aren't that big a surprise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andre91 said:

Stages closing early? The same bands repeated in high slots every 2/3 years? Downleeds is real :P 

For what its worth this year is actually quite good for repeated bands - tdcc, LG, courteeners and thats it really near the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gfa said:

For what its worth this year is actually quite good for repeated bands - tdcc, LG, courteeners and thats it really near the top.

I know, I know. I was being flippant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

R&L clearly have no intention of bumping them up. They don't value them enough to have the sub. 

I think they could have been - its just they needed Migos to convince stormzy fans to see him twice I reckon?

Also looking forward to 2021 all the shite manchester bands are playing this year so next year should be good... arctics i reckon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think this has been mentioned yet... But these names are exclusive for Wireless Festival this year, so won't be a R+L

Global Exclusive:

  • Quality Control

UK Exclusives:

  • Young Thug
  • Rico Nasty
  • Roddy Ricch
  • Doja Cat
  • A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie
  • Nav

Hopefully this means that we will see DaBaby, Koffee, City Girls and Lil Tecca get added to the lineup as some more rap/urban names on the Radio 1 Stage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They're already in that spot. Also, headlining Y NOT and R&L are worlds apart.

Although Y NOT so a better lineup this year.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Code Orange will likely be at Knotfest and with Knocked Loose being over here for Outbreak in June, I doubt they would make the trip back over here two months later for a half an hour slot in a half empty tent. I think that we will see more British based bands added to the Pit/Lockup but not many American or Canadian bands. 

I think BMTH, Papa Roach and Code Orange as mentioned will be the supports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Post Malone demanded no indie/rock acts clashed with him. I think the pit/fr probably close early just so the artists can see RATM (and like they would be pretty empty if they were open anyway)

yeah i know that, just saying it isn't the best thing to happen - like i get that it saves them money booking a band that'll perform to a semi empty tent, but, it'd be good to see the money saved from that go towards generally better acts during the days that are a bit more strong (if that makes sense?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Can someone confirm, was it the Maine who did the Mr Brightside cover on the MS at Reading last year

Don't remind me of that, they absolutely butchered it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gfa said:

about 1% of people who buy two door tickets buy them because they have fifa songs. also they haven't released 'catch' singles since Tourist History - they were my favourite band for ages but like listen to everyone else as they are just like the wombats or kooks, just a bit more modern sounding. They will continue to grow and few people wouldn't see them which is why they always pack out main but they won't grow past sub unless tourist history 2 happens but that kind of thing never happens (AM after 5 years of not very commercial songs is an example but like arctics are clearly a different beast to tdcc)

it literally sold out last year

Leeds didn’t?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Leeds didn’t?? 

Leeds is leeds - what they are doing is in the right direction and like lets be honest if any lineup is going to sell leeds out this year its this - gerry, lg and courteeners + rage too to bring people back. Reading sold out for the first time in years early and that means Leeds most likely had better sales than usual too

13 minutes ago, stanh said:

yeah i know that, just saying it isn't the best thing to happen - like i get that it saves them money booking a band that'll perform to a semi empty tent, but, it'd be good to see the money saved from that go towards generally better acts during the days that are a bit more strong (if that makes sense?) 

The money saved from like 4 small tent acts wouldn't add up to a whole lot I reckon, considering its the 4 earliest acts dumped and the whole lineup seemingly moved earlier in the day. Probably a couple thousand or am i being stupid? not a lot anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Code Orange will likely be at Knotfest and with Knocked Loose being over here for Outbreak in June, I doubt they would make the trip back over here two months later for a half an hour slot in a half empty tent. I think that we will see more British based bands added to the Pit/Lockup but not many American or Canadian bands. 

Could maybe see Higher Power there, I know they’re at download but with the new album I could see them wanting to play as many fests as possible.

Possibly we could see Jesus Piece tho they might be too heavy, even for the pit.

 

Hopefully we could see Broken Teeth or Big cheese there, just hoping for some hardcore really!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gfa said:

The money saved from like 4 small tent acts wouldn't add up to a whole lot I reckon, considering its the 4 earliest acts dumped and the whole lineup seemingly moved earlier in the day. Probably a couple thousand or am i being stupid? not a lot anyway

Yeah mate that is my point exactly, although it is scraping the barrel for money, the few thousand or whatever saved I feel could go towards maybe one of two ever so slightly bigger acts on lets say The Pit - which from what I've seen by other peoples comments could have potentially made The Pit a bit more appealing for that demographic by either having some more very small unheard of acts, or getting a few more mid-range acts (in terms of being viable to the tents size). 

Don't know really if it could make much of a difference really, but just I saw many comments last year (from people who are more into the hard rock/metal/rock acts) that they found those lineups much weaker than usual, however, that may just be down to their personal taste and opinions.

 

 

The in regards to Reading selling out and Leeds ticket sales, I definitely found that Leeds in general felt much busier than usual last year - which I do definitely believe was down to more ticket sales than they have had in previous years; which I personally feel can only be good for the festival, and it really wouldn't surprise me if it completely sold out this year or next. The lineup (imo) is definitely strong enough to sell it out, especially with (as mentioned) Gerry Cinnamon, Liam Gallagher and Courteeners being huge up north - and their pulling power is obviously quite big with LG and Teeners each selling out Heaton Park in a matter of minutes, and then Gerry Cinnamon selling out Hampden Park very fast too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

Could maybe see Higher Power there, I know they’re at download but with the new album I could see them wanting to play as many fests as possible.

Possibly we could see Jesus Piece tho they might be too heavy, even for the pit.

 

Hopefully we could see Broken Teeth or Big cheese there, just hoping for some hardcore really!

We need some hardcore in the pit to spice things up a bit.

Have to say it's looking a little bland so far.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gfa said:

Leeds is leeds - 

Not entirely sure what that means but in terms of comparing Reading to Leeds, Leeds is by far the better festival experience not only do they have the same acts (obviously) they also have late night acts in the festival republic stage and 1extra usually goes untill 3am and the acts are decent well known acts they’ve had Wiley, Mike skinner, Haim to name a few I can remember a silent disco the relentless stage in the woods (with high calibre of djs) till 3am, an outdoor rave in another area again till 3am , the Piccadilly party which goes untill 6am not to mention the fair campsite djs and various other things in the village comparing that with reading and it’s two silent discos Leeds is on a totally different level 

leeds should be selling out especially with all them extras so why aren’t they 🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s got to be the choice of acts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pit needs bands like Everytime I Die, Stray from the path, Frank Carter & Rattle snakes, Terror, Turnstile.

Mental energetic bands, think it was ETID that do pits round the legs of the tents.

Shame Outbreak is so early.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gfa said:

Post Malone demanded no indie/rock acts clashed with him. I think the pit/fr probably close early just so the artists can see RATM (and like they would be pretty empty if they were open anyway)

Is that right? Why in earth would Post Malone demand that no rock acts clash with him? Spite? Haha 

I got an early night that night which is no bad thing at my age, ha ha, but would have preferred a rock(or indie) alternative 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lukecork said:

The pit needs bands like Everytime I Die, Stray from the path, Frank Carter & Rattle snakes, Terror, Turnstile.

Mental energetic bands, think it was ETID that do pits round the legs of the tents.

Shame Outbreak is so early.

 

Are you off to outbreak this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Is that right? Why in earth would Post Malone demand that no rock acts clash with him? Spite? Haha 

I got an early night that night which is no bad thing at my age, ha ha, but would have preferred a rock(or indie) alternative 

I was honestly so annoyed at the lack of alternatives, it was Mura Masa or Andy C neither of which interested me, could’ve done with a indie band in the R1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

Are you off to outbreak this year?

Waiting for day splits mate, I only really wanna see TUI & Terror. Be a bonus any other bands land well on said day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

I was honestly so annoyed at the lack of alternatives, it was Mura Masa or Andy C neither of which interested me, could’ve done with a indie band in the R1

I wish I had listened to Mura Masa before his set. Really into him now and am thinking about going to his Ally Pally show too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I was honestly so annoyed at the lack of alternatives, it was Mura Masa or Andy C neither of which interested me, could’ve done with a indie band in the R1

Andy C absolutely smashed it! You missed out ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, lukecork said:

The pit needs bands like Everytime I Die, Stray from the path, Frank Carter & Rattle snakes, Terror, Turnstile.

Mental energetic bands, think it was ETID that do pits round the legs of the tents.

Shame Outbreak is so early.

It really wouldn't make a difference if Outbreak was closer to R&L given how much they make nearly every act an exclusive. The only festival they "share" with is 2000trees.

Also surprised that ETID haven't played since 2014. They used to play pretty much every other year but that was back when Mike Davies booked The Lock Up and it ran for 2 days and speaking to the Lock Up what the hell happened? The new booker got some good bands in 2015 and 2016 but it's kind of been downhill since then and it's abysmal this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, justanothername said:

It really wouldn't make a difference if Outbreak was closer to R&L given how much they make nearly every act an exclusive. The only festival they "share" with is 2000trees.

Also surprised that ETID haven't played since 2014. They used to play pretty much every other year but that was back when Mike Davies booked The Lock Up and it ran for 2 days and speaking to the Lock Up what the hell happened? The new booker got some good bands in 2015 and 2016 but it's kind of been downhill since then and it's abysmal this year.

Do you know if Daniel P Carter still has anything to do with the booking?

I'm sure I can remember him having some influence back in 2016/17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How likely are any of these acts from appearing:

-Blink-182 (they said last year that they were playing the UK in summer 2020 but haven't said anything since. Could they be doing APE or their own summer tour?)

-lewis capaldi, lizzo, Halsey, Hayley Williams, dodie, tiny meat gang, Yungblud, Scotty Sire, scouting for girls, simple creatures, Busted, Limp Bizkit, Lil Nas x

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...