randlfan

Lineup 2020

2 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Still have my fingers crossed for the likes of Denzel Curry, Fontains DC, IDLES, Black MIDI .etc

Idles and Rage on same day would be enough to get me to return for first time since 2015. Saw Idles in Lisbon last summer only band to ever bring tears to my eyes from their performance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, K2001 said:

I’ve seen Sam Fender 4 times and he’s never cancelled for me 😂😂😂

You got some luck there! Granted two were for the same Brixton gig that's been cancelled twice and is now due to be after the Ally Pally show!

2 minutes ago, Ichacu said:

I really dont think he is, im really surprised hes a headliner honestly. Nobody actually thinks his solo stuff is good.

LG sold out Heaton park effectively on pre sale, people missed out on getting tickets. The entirety of Heaton Park by himself, in seconds. 

Meanwhile Parklife can’t sell out the same field with 100 acts and you can still get tickets to pretty much any stormzy show on his world tour. 

1 minute ago, zak14 said:

Blows my mind to see some people in here think the Strokes aren’t just outright headliners 

I fucking wish they were but now i know that LG is defo a headliner i just want a co headline

I really like Two Door and Courteeners but they've both played Reading way too much in recent years. Bombay Bicycle Club, Vampire Weekend and Catfish would have been good indie alternatives to sub, that haven't played the festival in a while (arguably catfish are too big to sub though)

1 minute ago, Waynolol said:

LG sold out Heaton park effectively on pre sale, people missed out on getting tickets. The entirety of Heaton Park by himself, in seconds. 

Meanwhile Parklife can’t sell out the same field with 100 acts and you can still get tickets to pretty much any stormzy show on his world tour. 

Stormzy headlined Glastonbury in the same year Liam Gallagher subbed. 
Stormzy is miles bigger than Liam Gallagher. Not even comparable 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Diamond24 said:

I really like Two Door and Courteeners but they've both played Reading way too much in recent years. Bombay Bicycle Club, Vampire Weekend and Catfish would have been good indie alternatives to sub, that haven't played the festival in a while (arguably catfish are too big to sub though)

I agree, love them to bits but have seen them about 6 times in two years. Would've loved to see Vampire Weekend as an indie act that's a bit different although it looks incredibly unlikely they'll be back in the UK until their next album cycle now.

2 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

If Bombay aren’t there that’s a surprise to me. Although maybe it’s because they’re everywhere else, and not ‘exclusive’ enough for a big slot? 

1 minute ago, ob123 said:

Is disagree, I think Liam is just getting bigger and bigger, especially up north

• Upvote 1

If you dont think Liam Gallagher can headline your deluded, 2 number 1 albums and an entire selection of songs from one of the biggest bands the world has ever seen...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, rfc_478 said:

If Bombay aren’t there that’s a surprise to me. Although maybe it’s because they’re everywhere else, and not ‘exclusive’ enough for a big slot? 

thought someone said that bombay’s somewhere else this year 

2 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Deffo comparable in that Liam can sell out venues such as Heaton park and LCC, Stormzy wouldn’t even attempt an outdoor gig. 

Glastonbury isn’t an unbeatable barometer. In saying that , LG headlined that festival with the same tunes in 1995

Just now, TG0000 said:

If you dont think Liam Gallagher can headline your deluded, 2 number 1 albums and an entire selection of songs from one of the biggest bands the world has ever seen...

I do agree that he can only really solo headline. At the same time, back in 2017? when he played before Muse, the crowd was lacking in energy and seemed disinterested in all other songs than wonderwall.

1 minute ago, TG0000 said:

If you dont think Liam Gallagher can headline your deluded, 2 number 1 albums and an entire selection of songs from one of the biggest bands the UK has ever seen...

Fixed for you. Oasis were never a big deal outside of the UK. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TG0000 said:

Riding off of his bands success for 2 albums 

10 minutes ago, zak14 said:

Blows my mind to see some people in here think the Strokes aren’t just outright headliners 

They co headlined 9 years ago and have done nothing to get bigger.... doesn't blow my mind

Just now, theesundayroast said:

Victorious I believe 

Everywhere - tuck, y not etc too

1 minute ago, Stuielooie said:

Riding off of his bands success for 2 albums 

Still doesnt deny the fact he will attract a huge crowd and will easily be able to headline even if you do think its purely off the back of oasis

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Fixed for you. Oasis were never a big deal outside of the UK. 

Thats your opinion, however this is a UK festival so...

• Upvote 1

Just now, gfa said:

Everywhere - tuck, y not etc too

Yeah they seem to be doing the same circuit as Royal Blood.

Only mentioned Victorious due to it being the same weekend as R&L

3 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I do agree that he can only really solo headline. At the same time, back in 2017? when he played before Muse, the crowd was lacking in energy and seemed disinterested in all other songs than wonderwall.

Rubbish. He had the biggest crowd all weekend and everyone was going mental.

• Downvote 1