Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 7/30/2019 at 9:50 PM, gfa said:

Saw them at the o2 its just because the setlist is awful now, Alex Turners well edgy now but like as long as they play 3-4 more album 1/2 songs instead of the new album it would be fine. The new album is just not at all suited to a festival its so weird hearing like brianstorm and then ultracheese or something they are like two different bands honestly.

I went to their Sheffield show and idk whether it's because that's where they're from, but the setlist was much better for that - played all the classics except sun goes down (why do they never play that?) And it was a great show. I like TBH+C, but not so much live - hope the next album is more guitar focused.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lizzo is the biggest one i can think of, in more ways than one...

this thread:  

Posted Images

14 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

I went to their Sheffield show and idk whether it's because that's where they're from, but the setlist was much better for that - played all the classics except sun goes down (why do they never play that?) And it was a great show. I like TBH+C, but not so much live - hope the next album is more guitar focused.

they only played ritz extra - still no fluorescent, sun, certain romance etc - still had a great time but was a shame it was 70% AM and tbhc

Link to post
Share on other sites

AM at reading would be great but just can't see how Glasto wouldn't book them for the 50th anniversary, they are pretty much the biggest British band of the 2000s.

One-off show for the year and they'll play all the classics.

Really hope Foals headline R+L outright, their new album is gonna be such a banger.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R Shah said:

AM at reading would be great but just can't see how Glasto wouldn't book them for the 50th anniversary, they are pretty much the biggest British band of the 2000s.

One-off show for the year and they'll play all the classics.

Really hope Foals headline R+L outright, their new album is gonna be such a banger.

 

 

I agree with Arctic Monkeys, Alex is the kind of bloke that would schedule themselves directly around Glastonbury, in 2013 I believe it was an only UK Festival show and there wasn't loads to be fair. Arctics and FM atm I'd go for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Chance The Rapper just dropped one of the worst albums of the year so far so naturally he'll be booked in a high slot next year.

It’s beyond terrible. It’s unlistenable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Chance The Rapper just dropped one of the worst albums of the year so far so naturally he'll be booked in a high slot next year.

'My next tour got 8 legs like daddy long'

That's as bad as those 'I gotta make like a banana and split' bars in battle rap. The biggest piece of garbage i've ever listened to.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It’s not that bad. I mean I’ll never listen to it again but it’s just meh.

I don't know there are quite a few songs on there that are plain AWFUL like Hot Shower, We Go High and Found A Good One. 

I think when compared to tapes like Acid Rap, Coloring Book and 10 Day which were all very good, it comes across as even worse than it already is. Huge disappointment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I don't know there are quite a few songs on there that are plain AWFUL like Hot Shower, We Go High and Found A Good One. 

I think when compared to tapes like Acid Rap, Coloring Book and 10 Day which were all very good, it comes across as even worse than it already is. Huge disappointment.

Was Colouring Book ‘very good’ thoooooo? I think it’s barely better than this one.

I feel like people generally weren’t too down on TBD until Melon tore it a new one and now it’s on a bonfire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dentalplan said:

Was Colouring Book ‘very good’ thoooooo? I think it’s barely better than this one.

I feel like people generally weren’t too down on TBD until Melon tore it a new one and now it’s on a bonfire.

Yeah to be fair Coloring Book is average, it's definitely grown on me a lot but you're right yeah. I do think it's miles better than TBD though.

There were definitely a lot of people already slating it, including me, but melon certainly added to it as his reviews always do. Don't get me wrong there's one or two tracks I quite like but when it's a 22 track album and the rest are barely mediocre it's not good. Personal opinion of course, but seems pretty widespread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah to be fair Coloring Book is average, it's definitely grown on me a lot but you're right yeah. I do think it's miles better than TBD though.

There were definitely a lot of people already slating it, including me, but melon certainly added to it as his reviews always do. Don't get me wrong there's one or two tracks I quite like but when it's a 22 track album and the rest are barely mediocre it's not good. Personal opinion of course, but seems pretty widespread.

Yeah I’m not riding for it - it’s not a good album - but it’s just I heard a trickle of mixed reactions about it for a few days until suddenly everyone hates it and feverishly sharing how much they hate it. Hard not to think it a bit sus.

Edited by dentalplan
Link to post
Share on other sites

TOOL releasing their discography on spotify has made up for the shit show that is The Big Day - who makes a song lists every kinda "side chicks" that doesnt amount to their wife, that shit sounds like his wife forced him to write it. I get the sentiment, but its like you wouldn't find a song about turning up to work on time interesting either, but you still do. 'Let's Go On The Run' sounds straight out a musical 

Edited by jamieaslee
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Just seen on inforoo that Billie Eilish is headlining Lolla South America so she is touring in 2020 it seems.

Bands usually do this at the end of touring cycles imo - it’s so far to travel that it’s hard to place in with other dates.

You has Arctics, Kendrick and Sam Smith all headlining in 2019 - and then Pearl Jam, RHCP and LCD soundsystem in 2018

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of Blur returning to headline? I know that they’re probably more likely for Glasto or IoW, but it would be a huge get for R&L, they certainly have a lot of younger fans who are familiar with Song 2/Parklife/The Universal/ Tender at the very least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Bands usually do this at the end of touring cycles imo - it’s so far to travel that it’s hard to place in with other dates.

You has Arctics, Kendrick and Sam Smith all headlining in 2019 - and then Pearl Jam, RHCP and LCD soundsystem in 2018

Kings of Leon also headlined Lollapalooza 2019

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...