1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think there’s a chance of a fast sell out with those three headliners? Three pretty big ticket shifters.

I won’t be alone in getting a day ticket solely for rage?

Yeah I reckon it’ll shift faster than recent years. Day tickets for RATM would surely go very quickly. 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lizzo is the biggest one i can think of, in more ways than one...

this thread:  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think there’s a chance of a fast sell out with those three headliners? Three pretty big ticket shifters.

I won’t be alone in getting a day ticket solely for rage?

Rage will definitely bring back people who haven’t gone to R+L in years, if they’re booked then lots of Sunday day tickets.

Stormzy and LG would sell out fast aswell of course, both massive draws.

Bit off topic but just think those 3 headliners are too good to be true.

Edited by DreamDraw34
1 minute ago, defender4 said:

agreed yeah

much as i’m really not into stormzy’s kinda music, he’s fucking massive. my only worry is he’ll draw the wrong sort of crowd lmao i don’t wanna be camping with roadmen

rage would be fucking amazing but like. idk. some people say it’s more likely to be next year but i’m just gonna trust you guys because you know what you’re on about lmfao

off topic but if anyone’s got some tips for someone going for the first time that’d be calm 

Dont really think stormzy will attract roadmen, most people i know who listen to stormzy just appreciate grime, most of the 'roadmen' i know prefer drill like Headie One and heavier grime acts like Skepta, a lot of stormzy's stuff isnt even that grime, like BBYG2 and about half the stuff on his first album. He seems to be the poster boy for grime because hes safe compared to others

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DreamDraw34 said:

But off topic but Just think those 3 headliners are too good to be true.

In 2018 we couldn’t believe how weak Dan Wilcox’s three headliners were.

In 2020 we feel that they are too strong.

Life works in cycles. Life has its ways.

2 minutes ago, Ichacu said:

Dont really think stormzy will attract roadmen, most people i know who listen to stormzy just appreciate grime, most of the 'roadmen' i know prefer drill like Headie One and heavier grime acts like Skepta, a lot of stormzy's stuff isnt even that grime, like BBYG2 and about half the stuff on his first album. He seems to be the poster boy for grime because hes safe compared to others

yeah fair point, and ngl grime isn’t really as big as it once was. readings not for drill, if people want that they can go wireless

Liam is such a boring booking when compared to Rage and Stormzy, sure he'll shift plenty of tickets without a strong sub but i'm really hoping he has the strongest of the three seeing as i've got no interest in seeing him again, if there's nothing on in the other tents that night i'm sure i'll go and enjoy him regardless, in a dream world Kaytranada will headline the R1 tent against him seeing as he's around at the time

• Upvote 1

Reading Dan Wilcox’s posts, he hardly ever lies or makes bullshit up. The only time he has was when he admitted to lying in 2015 aside from that it’s only been sarcasm that you can tell is sarcasm. Even the acts he stated with the two main stages happened over a two year period with Royal Blood and Foo’s happening the year after and the two main stages could of fell through and they booked them for the year later.

Unless Dan wants to do a 2015 and lie which he admitted on a past post he would have to be bored then I don’t see why we shouldn’t believe it. It’s out there - no one expected Rage but until the second lie is a lie, I say believe it. Rage exclusive, Stormzy and Liam as the cheaper headliners to make way for a absolutely massive band that will sell tickets alone. It makes sense having Liam and a touring Stormzy as they are big but cheaper than some headliners and with Rage it makes pure sense. 

Massive booking and I can foresee that being one of the best gigs of my life if it proves true which at the moment I really do.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Reading Dan Wilcox’s posts, he hardly ever lies or makes bullshit up. The only time he has was when he admitted to lying in 2015 aside from that it’s only been sarcasm that you can tell is sarcasm. Even the acts he stated with the two main stages happened over a two year period with Royal Blood and Foo’s happening the year after and the two main stages could of fell through and they booked them for the year later.

Unless Dan wants to do a 2015 and lie which he admitted on a past post he would have to be bored then I don’t see why we shouldn’t believe it. It’s out there - no one expected Rage but until the second lie is a lie, I say believe it. Rage exclusive, Stormzy and Liam as the cheaper headliners to make way for a absolutely massive band that will sell tickets alone. It makes sense having Liam and a touring Stormzy as they are big but cheaper than some headliners and with Rage it makes pure sense. 

Massive booking and I can foresee that being one of the best gigs of my life if it proves true which at the moment I really do.

Imo I think someone like RATM is probably the only act that could make me come back to R&L. It’s a booking that feels almost impossible for some reason. 

Dan knows his stuff and you are right, he doesn’t lie.

Stormzy literally dropped that he was doing reading in his latest album. We put it aside because of his touring dates but what a surprise if it has been staring us in the face all this time.

Still think in terms of strength (rather than personal preference) 2009's headliners have yet to be beaten, followed by 2017. Then 2012.

But if Dan's claims are correct - and he has provided enough reason for us to take his word for it - then blimey, that is strong.

I'm guessing the lack of Biffy means summer/autumn arena tour instead? Need to promote that album somehow.

If it weren't for the fact that Stormzy's doing a tour round R/L time though, I'd call that along with RATM a coup though. One of the brightest up and coming acts along with one of the best legacy acts on the market?

Pretty good show on their part. Though I am curious who LG was brought in to replace.

Edited by Queen_of_rabbits
7 minutes ago, Queen_of_rabbits said:

Pretty good show on their part. Though I am curious who LG was brought in to replace.

Probably no one. Rage are going to cost a lot of money and it is a worthy investment. They are a band people will know and listen to if they don’t. They will sell out there day and loads of weekend tickets. They don’t need more expensive headliners. Stormzy: a pleaser for the grime lovers and for contemporary music. Liam Gallagher: Dark fruits and Oasis lovers, night of singalong, everyone knows Oasis songs. Rage: a famous rock band who made there own interpretation of rock who are known for political music. You appeal to grime, rock and dark fruits. That sells day tickets to different audiences and will sell weekend tickets as fans cross over and people will think fuck it let’s do the full weekend. It will be the most it has sold in ages and will be a success for FR. 

I can guarantee that the announcement of RATM would be met with a reaction of either “who?” Or “that’s nice now announce AM”.

Fiat 500 and Dark Fruits Twitter is gonna flip their shit. Although Liam is probably enough to keep DF twitter happy.

32 minutes ago, VCK said:

Still think in terms of strength (rather than personal preference) 2009's headliners have yet to be beaten, followed by 2017. Then 2012.

But if Dan's claims are correct - and he has provided enough reason for us to take his word for it - then blimey, that is strong.

2019 is the best headliner year of all time.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I can guarantee that the announcement of RATM would be met with a reaction of either “who?” Or “that’s nice now announce AM”.

Fiat 500 and Dark Fruits Twitter is gonna flip their shit. Although Liam is probably enough to keep DF twitter happy.

you say that but twitter is a bubble lmao, i guarantee there’d still be a huge amount of teenagers there. twitter locals make me wanna throw my phone out the window i swear. every single year they cry when it’s not am yet they’ll still go to the show and enjoy it. shit remember when muse got announced in 2017? still drew a huge crowd

side note, id hope that a ratm slot wouldn’t result in a flood of people that are far too old for reading, but i can’t see that happening realistically. but eh who cares lmfao i just wanna experience being punched in the face in a rage pit

40 minutes ago, defender4 said:

side note, id hope that a ratm slot wouldn’t result in a flood of people that are far too old for reading, but i can’t see that happening realistically. 

“Too old for Reading”? And what, in your opinion, is “too old”?

I highly doubt it’ll sell out any quicker with the three headliners being touted. 2017 had three super heavyweight headliners for the UK and that didn’t sell out significantly quicker if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Andre91

So with the talks really just focussing on LG/Stormzy/RATM, does that mean biffy and/or bmth are out of the pic? Also, what are people thinking about Tyler The Creator ? With him being at love box and park life, is he out of the question or still in the running for like a sub or 3rd down maybe?