Jump to content

Lineup 2020


randlfan

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

The Rivermeade leisure center, think they used to do cllub nights in there on the Thursday years ago.

We used to turn up on the Friday AM and could find a spot for our tents in that area behind the then Melody Maker tent. We did that every year 98 to 03. We were horrified doing the same in 04 to end up miles away in a shit spot and never camped again!

 

Crazy the scale of it now

Reading-Festival-2017-Aerial-shots.jpg

YES! That was it! It's mental the size now! I camp in white with our camper vans, and it's like the longest walk back ever lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, charlierc said:

Certainly, in 2017, when I went for a second day trip, the place did feel more stretched out than I had recalled its 2011 counterpart.

The capacity has gone up since then, they've also changed the way in (from the town) at somepoint that added about 10 mins to the journey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While we’re still waiting for the lineup, does anyone think this year or in the future the 1 extra stage is going to get ranked higher on posters ect. It’s not my favourite, but it seems more people get excited by it than stages like festival republic and the pit, and it has had some big names for such a tiny stage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rock_Cycle said:

While we’re still waiting for the lineup, does anyone think this year or in the future the 1 extra stage is going to get ranked higher on posters ect. It’s not my favourite, but it seems more people get excited by it than stages like festival republic and the pit, and it has had some big names for such a tiny stage 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the tent itself was expanded for sure. I also think the Pit/lock-ups days are numbered at this point. Cut their losses, get rid of the stage so they can put fewer but higher quality rock acts across the main and R1.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the tent itself was expanded for sure. I also think the Pit/lock-ups days are numbered at this point. Cut their losses, get rid of the stage so they can put fewer but higher quality rock acts across the main and R1.

Would be a shame if they loose the pit. But not the worst if they still have at least some similar kind of acts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rock_Cycle said:

Would be a shame if they loose the pit. But not the worst if they still have at least some similar kind of acts

It would be shame indeed but it definitely gets the smallest crowds of the weekend. They barely put any effort in last year they didn’t hardly had a full day. Feel like they’d be better off booking the odd higher quality band that would play that stage and putting them in the R1 rather than about one or two rock acts all weekend on that stage lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be shocking if they scrapped The Pit/The Lock Up, but as I've previously said, I just get the impression they half arsed it last year. I can understand to a degree not having anyone clash with Foo Fighters, but not having anyone clash with Post Malone was baffling.

Enraged me that Reading got BFMV as well, and Leeds got nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't feel like they put much effort into 1Xtra anymore, now that hip hop and grime has broken out onto the top two stages in a big way. Would be less surprised to see that go than The Pit/Lock Up, honestly - at least The Pit/Lock Up is providing something that's otherwise scarce on the lineup.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Benj said:

The Rivermeade leisure center, think they used to do cllub nights in there on the Thursday years ago.

We used to turn up on the Friday AM and could find a spot for our tents in that area behind the then Melody Maker tent. We did that every year 98 to 03. We were horrified doing the same in 04 to end up miles away in a shit spot and never camped again!

 

Crazy the scale of it now

Reading-Festival-2017-Aerial-shots.jpg

How many campsites is there actually now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

And ik there is a separate thread for this but anyone’s better than the others, I ain’t camped before so I don’t really know the process

you rock up with your camping gear, you wander through until you find a spot, you pitch up and settle in for the ride

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last 3 years I’ve voluntarily camped in white. Easy to get in the entrance on that side, never has a large queue or any really thorough searches that take ages and there’s always plenty of space. If you don’t mind the 20 odd minute walk to the arena it’s like you’re on a camping holiday lmao. Gonna go for a closer one this year, however, as I’m going with way more mates who haven’t been before. Need to give em the full experience haha

Edited by TheWaters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Last 3 years I’ve voluntarily camped in white. Easy to get n the entrance on that side, never has a large queue or any really thorough searches that take ages and plenty of space. If you don’t mind the 20 odd minute walk to the arena it’s like you’re on a camping holiday lmao. Gonna go for a closer one this year, however as I’m going with way more mates who haven’t been before. Need to give em the full experience haha

White is good apart from the long ass walk lol Great on the way (chugging beers)  just not on the way back lol But i don't have a choice with taking a Camper Van!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TornShaun said:

White is good apart from the long ass walk lol Great on the way (chugging beers)  just not on the way back lol But i don't have a choice with taking a Camper Van!

Agreed, always a decent walk there but when you’re walking back in the early hours of the morning if you’ve been sat at someone else’s camp for a few hours and it’s absolutely freezing, it’s dreadful haha.

I think I just like the fact that all the tents aren’t on top of eachother and there’s a little bit of space around too haha. Even if I am camping closer this year, I’ll deffo be persuading people for Brown or Purple rather than right next to the arena !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Agreed, always a decent walk there but when you’re walking back in the early hours of the morning if you’ve been sat at someone else’s camp for a few hours and it’s absolutely freezing, it’s dreadful haha.

I think I just like the fact that all the tents aren’t on top of eachother and there’s a little bit of space around too haha. Even if I am camping closer this year, I’ll deffo be persuading people for Brown or Purple rather than right next to the arena !

Just dug these out! A few pics from 1996! Mad to think we didn’t have camera phones back then so had to get them developed and hope for the best haha 

B80EF464-7B33-455C-A501-72480CD0680D.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Just dug these out! A few pics from 1996! Mad to think we didn’t have camera phones back then so had to get them developed and hope for the best haha 

B80EF464-7B33-455C-A501-72480CD0680D.jpeg

Imagine camping next to a slope like that... asking to be waterlogged lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

1996, amaing line up.

Looked a good one, shame it ended with that Stone Roses performance.

Imagine if an act equivalent to Black Grape got booked to headline these days. Off the back of the success of the previous singer's band, and after just one album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Looked a good one, shame it ended with that Stone Roses performance.

Imagine if an act equivalent to Black Grape got booked to headline these days. Off the back of the success of the previous singer's band, and after just one album.

I know right! Although i actually preferred Black Grape's music back then to the Happy Monday's! But still crazy to think of them as a headliner now days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...