Jump to content

Lineup 2020


randlfan

Recommended Posts

It’s a festival mate your theory makes no sense people aren’t going for one act! R&L share the same line up and both sell extremely well, bands tour the country and sell their shows extremely well 😂 im sure a festival in Suffolk in the middle of July can share one headliner with a festival in Reading and leeds (no where near Suffolk) at the end of August! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, heartsink said:

It’s a festival mate your theory makes no sense people aren’t going for one act! R&L share the same line up and both sell extremely well, bands tour the country and sell their shows extremely well 😂 im sure a festival in Suffolk in the middle of July can share one headliner with a festival in Reading and leeds (no where near Suffolk) at the end of August! 

I think you would be surprised at the amount of people who go for one act. LG has a rather dedicated fanbase but not on the level of some others. I think its a decent booking myself.

Another way to look at it is (potential) lost sales are made up by Liam being cheap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think you would be surprised at the amount of people who go for one act. LG has a rather dedicated fanbase but not on the level of some others. I think its a decent booking myself.

Another way to look at it is (potential) lost sales are made up by Liam being cheap

If Liam’s so cheap then that’s surely great news for you 

The rest of the headliners should be massively amazing if he’s cheap 🤷🏼‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, heartsink said:

It’s a festival mate your theory makes no sense people aren’t going for one act! R&L share the same line up and both sell extremely well, bands tour the country and sell their shows extremely well 😂 im sure a festival in Suffolk in the middle of July can share one headliner with a festival in Reading and leeds (no where near Suffolk) at the end of August! 

Basic level marketing is not a theory. Also running a business is not a theory.

You still don’t understand my point. You think I’m trying to criticise the fact that liam gallagher can sell a lot of tickets.

Two festivals ran by the same company don’t typically share headliners because they don’t want to jeopardise the ticket sales of the other. 

Also if people wouldn’t go to a festival to see one act what’s the point in booking headliners? You book headliners as they are technically a deal breaker on whether you pay £200 or not?

my theory that Liam Gallagher was not originally intended to headline both is not far fetched at all when you take this into account.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Headliners are major part of the deal but not the whole deal. I live in Boston, USA and the reaction to the Boston Calling lineup over the last couple of years has been hilarious.

Last year's headliners - Twenty One Pilots, Travis Scott, Tame Impala. Everyone whined about the shit headliners (well the fact they weren't huge names anyway)!

This year's headliners - Foo Fighters, RATM, RHCP. Everyone is whining about the shit undercard! 

If you're gonna charge 100+ for a day or 200+ for the weekend, for the majority of people you need both. People will be drawn by Liam but theyre not goona spunk 100 quid plus unless there's a couple of another acts they want to see too.

T

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm I think it’s weird that he’s at both events. It can’t of been intentional to do that unless it was a last minute thing.

I think Liam is a replacement for someone at R&L. Yes he is a replacement that will sell tickets but him being booked for both Lattitude and reading can’t be the original idea.

maybe reading have had more than 1 headliner slip through  , it sounded like stormzy was lined up to do it then announced his tour around it . Maybe they tried hard for MCR and failed . Possibly even wanted Slipknot but they choose to do there own thing too . What I'm saying is that they could have really struggled this year and be in a bit of a mess. Also Slam dunk are about to announce a 2nd day be interesting to see the headliner for that , thinking it could be someone big with a reduced day say maybe  ADTR or even BMTH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lukecork said:

Got to be all connected, rumours there's a falling out with Live nation regarding RATM & Coachella.

That doesn’t make sense given that Coachella isn’t promoted by Live Nation but MCR’s UK shows are.

I think the reality is that no massive acts are touring Europe in August and so festivals are struggling to find headliners. The Sziget promoter has came out and said as much in an interview.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, King101 said:

That doesn’t make sense given that Coachella isn’t promoted by Live Nation but MCR’s UK shows are.

I think the reality is that no massive acts are touring Europe in August and so festivals are struggling to find headliners. The Sziget promoter has came out and said as much in an interview.

I agree, I wasn't aware of any link between them anyway just a rumour that seems to be circulating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

RATM would never co headline

Aged 18, lots of my friends don't care for them and we are indie/rock fans. Let alone the rap/hip hop/pop/dance fans going to Reading. It wouldn't be particularly far fetched for them to co although I don't see it myself. Would need a big rap sub I reckon.

EDIT: not saying they are a bad solo headline option though, they would sell out their day nicely due to their sparse touring but they wouldn't do a whole lot for weekend ticket sales.

Edited by gfa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Aged 18, lots of my friends don't care for them and we are indie/rock fans. Let alone the rap/hip hop/pop/dance fans going to Reading. It wouldn't be particularly far fetched for them to co although I don't see it myself. Would need a big rap sub I reckon.

EDIT: not saying they are a bad solo headline option though, they would sell out their day nicely due to their sparse touring but they wouldn't do a whole lot for weekend ticket sales.

Not sure if joking or not....

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jjhoney said:

Bombay Bicycle Club announced to headline Lost Village, rules them out?

Unlikely to play anyway given the slot they demand and more popular alternatives. Playing all the Broadwick festivals anyway most likely so that probably ruled them out more than this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, escapehere said:

I know Leeds/Reading has changed demographic over the years but imagine thinking that RATM weren't a great headliner option ffs

Exactly what the younger crowd on here don’t see is that a lot of the bands and acts they like would love to play below a band like rage mostly because that’s what they would of been brought up on/influenced by 

rage haven’t played R&L since 08 and I think even after that have only been back a couple of times one being the free gig after the xfactor number one campaign

they’d be a great headline act shifting the day tickets and with a strong undercard and two current acts co headlining a day that shifts the weekend tickets 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

 

Who knows anymore my mind changes daily but one thing I can be certain on is the line up the last few years as generally let me down 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...