Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Oliver424 said:

Chances of Bastille coming back to possibly co headline I know he's not really a ticket shifter but he's gradually worked his way up in the festival and he put on a good show last year and got booked for the John Lewis advert not checked if he's doing anything this summer but could be a possibility seems to have a Good relationship with the festival just trying to throw new names around rather than same old also is there anyone else people would like to see again higher up this year that played last years festival

Hope not

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jericode said:

Won't be this year since they headlined the R1 stage in 2019, but if their next album tops the charts you'd have to make a case for them.

If they release a new one before 2021 I could see them co, with maybe Billie Eilish on the Friday night, with Stormzy Saturday and Green Day Sunday

On 12/1/2019 at 9:42 PM, thefestileak said:

Got an insider source that suggests Travis Scott, Bring Me The Horizon and Gorillaz are to headline R+L alongside Liam Gallagher.

Gorillaz due to premiere a new song on Hottest Record on Thursday, feat. Slowthai & Slaves. Album due in Spring.

My point still stands, Gorillaz will headline Reading & Leeds.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

If they release a new one before 2021 I could see them co, with maybe Billie Eilish on the Friday night, with Stormzy Saturday and Green Day Sunday

For me this would be great for 2021 I like appreciate alot of different types of music and would enjoy the variety in these headliners but by 2021 I think Billie will be big enough to outright headline so could see maybe catfish and Bastille co headline stormzy or Billie and green day or killers.

21 minutes ago, thefestileak said:

Gorillaz due to premiere a new song on Hottest Record on Thursday, feat. Slowthai & Slaves. Album due in Spring.

My point still stands, Gorillaz will headline Reading & Leeds.

As far as last-ditch left field headliners go, Gorillaz is actually pretty alright.

1 hour ago, Oliver424 said:

For me this would be great for 2021 I like appreciate alot of different types of music and would enjoy the variety in these headliners but by 2021 I think Billie will be big enough to outright headline so could see maybe catfish and Bastille co headline stormzy or Billie and green day or killers.

True, you could put MCR in with Green Day and Killers if they tour

and Eminem ofc will be rumoured

If Bastille headline it will show how far this festival really has fallen.

I think people are mistaking this for Radio 1s big weekender.

They wont have an act sub one year and then drop them to radio 1 only to bring them back as headliner. 

Bastille are in the same club as TDCC, they will never achieve higher than they are placing right now. Flicking between 2/3 and R1

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

If Bastille headline it will show how far this festival really has fallen.

I think people are mistaking this for Radio 1s big weekender.

They wont have an act sub one year and then drop them to radio 1 only to bring them back as headliner. 

Bastille are in the same club as TDCC, they will never achieve higher than they are placing right now. Flicking between 2/3 and R1

I guess at the moment the pool for Indie/Rock type acts to be given high slots is somewhat dry. Hence why they're giving them to acts like The Kooks and The Vaccines, bands who are long past their peak of popularity.

But yeah Bastille headlining would be a farce.

Listening to Kanye earlier and thought he’s gotta come so yeah Plus Liam is really cheap for FR right now so maybe there saving for someone big like big big like Kanye! 

Gorillaz

Liam Gallagher 

Kanye West

worth the shout! 

And that’s why they’ve taken so long releasing the lineup cause Kanye keeps pulling out then he’s like ye man sure 👍

Bet the money is outrageous at the moment as 3 full headliners and one being Liam they’ve got a lot of money to spend like tons 

Edited by Dim Sum
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Listening to Kanye earlier and thought he’s gotta come so yeah Plus Liam is really cheap for FR right now so maybe there saving for someone big like big big like Kanye! 

Gorillaz

Liam Gallagher 

Kanye West

worth the shout! 

And that’s why they’ve taken so long releasing the lineup cause Kanye keeps pulling out then he’s like ye man sure 👍

Bet the money is outrageous at the moment as 3 full headliners and one being Liam they’ve got a lot of money to spend like tons 

I don’t understand your last paragraph. Are you saying the headliners would be cheap and they have lots of money to spend on the line up?

Kanye would be ridiculously expense.

Or are you saying the festival has tons of money to spend on the headliners?

Because at the start you state Liam would be cheap.

Regardless of that issue though, Kanye won’t headline Reading and Leeds. His demands would be massive alongside his fee. If he was to play a UK fest again my guess would be BST would be the one as the day will be curated around him and he’ll have far more input.

10 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I don’t understand your last paragraph. Are you saying the headliners would be cheap and they have lots of money to spend on the line up?

Kanye would be ridiculously expense.

Or are you saying the festival has tons of money to spend on the headliners?

Because at the start you state Liam would be cheap.

Regardless of that issue though, Kanye won’t headline Reading and Leeds. His demands would be massive alongside his fee. If he was to play a UK fest again my guess would be BST would be the one as the day will be curated around him and he’ll have far more input.

But Kanye is headlining a Christian confonce and Kanye is only doing Christian ablums now.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Cause hardly anyone at Reading/Leeds would care about Gorilaz at all.

Also, don't think they're even about atm.

New gorillaz track coming on Thursday featuring Slowthai & Slaves so they are at least active

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Cause hardly anyone at Reading/Leeds would care about Gorilaz at all.

Also, don't think they're even about atm.

I’m 17 and I’m sure a the majority of my friends would be more excited for Gorillaz than the strokes so I think they’d be able to pull a crowd

Edited by Sam Y
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Because they’re absolutely irrelevant. They were never booked back when they would have fit in with the kind of festival R&L was so they’re not going to book them now when Billie Eilish is pulling the biggest crowd in history. 

Hmmm...I do agree but then we’re also talking of RHCP/Blink 182/Biffy Clyro being one of the headliners and NONE of them are relevant either.