randlfan

Lineup 2020

Thing is when the announcements were mid March the line ups were always banging and you knew you’d be going 100%

last few years it’s been dog shite so people like to know so can arrange another fest, gigs etc 🤷🏼‍♂️ The smaller festivals seem to have the better line ups these days especially compared to R&L 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, alfiemartin said:

Festivals must be struggling this year, still waiting for a truck and community announcement 

Truck is announcing very soon they put on their story yesterday a signup thing for something similar to the potatoes. Expect the first names very soon.

4 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Thing is when the announcements were mid March the line ups were always banging and you knew you’d be going 100%

last few years it’s been dog shite so people like to know so can arrange another fest, gigs etc 🤷🏼‍♂️ The smaller festivals seem to have the better line ups these days especially compared to R&L 

I'm going abroad, 140 quid for a 4 day festival, only flights and accom to pay for then (Think its cost me 550 for flights, ticket and accom... could of done it a lot cheaper if wanted).  for a miles better experience and line up (Mad cool festival, lot better times to as artists go on until early  hours of the morning.). L&R more of a one day thing for me now just to get on the booze cause its 'bank holiday'.

Edited by lukecork

54 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I can see GRIME MC FM here.

Yes please!!!! Same day as BMTH and not clashing with them please!

Sadly will likely be same day as Liam though if the Skepta predictions are true, which I think they will be.

7 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I'm going abroad, 140 quid for a 4 day festival, only flights and accom to pay for then (Think its cost me 550 for flights, ticket and accom... could of done it a lot cheaper if wanted).  for a miles better experience and line up (Mad cool festival, lot better times to as artists go on until early  hours of the morning.). L&R more of a one day thing for me now just to get on the booze cause its 'bank holiday'.

I'm making the trek to mad cool this year as well. Me and the gf have got tickets, hostel, travel for just under 600 between us. 

When at Reading we do camping plus, so it's actually costing us less.

I'll still be at Reading as well anyway as I have a good friend from Australia coming over while it's one who has always wanted to go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I'm making the trek to mad cool this year as well. Me and the gf have got tickets, hostel, travel for just under 600 between us. 

When at Reading we do camping plus, so it's actually costing us less.

I'll still be at Reading as well anyway as I have a good friend from Australia coming over while it's one who has always wanted to go.

Mental isn't it!?! I can't believe download (Line ups don't drastically change) have the cheek to charge £250 for 5 nights (3 days line up) to camp, even then you have to cross your fingers torrential downpour doesn't occur . £140 for this years mad cool (4 day line up) is an absolute steal when comparing the two. Also Mad Cool could arguably have one of the strongest line ups this summer, not being bias.

Edited by lukecork

7 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Mental isn't it!?! I can't believe download (Line ups don't drastically change) have the cheek to charge £250 for 5 nights (3 days line up) to camp, even then you have to cross your fingers torrential downpour doesn't occur . £140 for this years mad cool (4 day line up) is an absolute steal when comparing the two. Also Mad Cool could arguably have one of the strongest line ups this summer, not being bias.

Exactly, having a week in sunny Madrid with a cracker of a lineup and then off for a little tour of Italy.

Think European festivals are something i'll definitely consider more so long as mad cool goes well.

Lineup looks to be the best in Europe (if not the world) imo as well, and we haven't even got 2 of the headliners yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

Showing your age with that reference.

She headlined Sziget in 2018 when Liam subbed her. Other headliners included Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey and Kendrick Lamar.

She has only got bigger since then. I think @billybigballs has a point.

Sziget is in a different country and 5 days long, Kygo headlined that same year too. Is he in with a shout to headline Reading?? The National headlined Sziget in 2019, they pretty much emptied the arena when they last played Reading.

And...where was Dua Lipa on the Reading Line up in 2018???

Edited by Benj

5 minutes ago, Chester21 said:

HELP PLS Is Parklife sold out now or is it just the special 24hr presale thing sold out instead? Didn’t realise tickets were so massively in demand

Wrong thread

5 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Exactly, having a week in sunny Madrid with a cracker of a lineup and then off for a little tour of Italy.

Think European festivals are something i'll definitely consider more so long as mad cool goes well.

Lineup looks to be the best in Europe (if not the world) imo as well, and we haven't even got 2 of the headliners yet.

Think the only reason I paid a bit extra is because going with a party of 6, accoms are fussy & are usually bigger at that demand meaning they can bump up the price a bit. To be fair we're there for a week so still seems 550 all in is cracking.

20 minutes ago, Benj said:

5 days long

It's seven days long actually.

The point being made was that IF Dua Lipa were to play R&L this year she would only do it as a headliner and, I've got to say, I agree. 

That said, I don't believe she WILL play but, if she did, it would be as a sub Liam Gallagher!

Edited by So Sad Simon

9 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

It's seven days long actually.

The point being made was that IF Dua Lipa were to play R&L this year she would only do it as a headliner and, I've got to say, I agree. 

That said, I don't believe she WILL play but, if she did, it would be as a sub Liam Gallagher!

I think the counter point being made is that she won't be playing R&L then!

1 hour ago, lharris92 said:

people worried about this, you never used to get announcements until March... late March at that, slowly getting earlier.

Yep! 

This is my first time in 10 years interested in Reading festival (mostly as I've moved there), last time I got tickets in 2010 both tickets and lineup weren't released until around the 20somethingth of March, so you didn't even have time to weigh up if you were interested in the lineup or not, there was such a panic about tickets being released that you bought now and thought later! 

Not a fan on their new stuff, but Kaiser Chiefs current tour is looking quite good. Wouldn’t mind seeing them somewhere on the lineup 

4 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Not a fan on their new stuff, but Kaiser Chiefs current tour is looking quite good. Wouldn’t mind seeing them somewhere on the lineup 

They had to add an extra date at my home town (Halifax) 😂😂

4 minutes ago, ob123 said:

They're bland on recordings but great fun live.

1 minute ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

They had to add an extra date at my home town (Halifax) 😂😂

Yep, they still seem to draw in a big crowd wherever they go. Current tour features a few sold out arenas and on the back of the huge gig at Elland Road last summer.

If they played a setlist stuffed with their old bangers they’d go down a treat as Radio 1 Headliners 

Consensus seems to be that The Strokes are getting announced for like 3 different European festivals today across June and July, not sure if that has any bearing on R+L, it's been a good 9 years now. 

2 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Yep, they still seem to draw in a big crowd wherever they go. Current tour features a few sold out arenas and on the back of the huge gig at Elland Road last summer.

If they played a setlist stuffed with their old bangers they’d go down a treat as Radio 1 Headliners 

The Elland Road gig wasn’t strictly speaking their gig but a community gig celebrating Leeds United centenary.

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Consensus seems to be that The Strokes are getting announced for like 3 different European festivals today across June and July, not sure if that has any bearing on R+L, it's been a good 9 years now. 

Makes them more unlikely if they’re in Europe June and July

Edited by Sam Y
Autocorrect

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Source?