Jump to content
randlfan

Lineup 2020

Recommended Posts

Yeah I can't see Chems ever doing R&L again. Not their crowd. Real shame as they have one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Hoping to see them again this year so praying they headline Truck or YNOT, I'll be at whichever they do if they are there. Think they'd go down great there. Secretly praying their the final headliner for Nass to but that'd NEVER happen haha. 

Back to R&L anyway, yeah no chance of Chems, Primal Scream or Snow Patrol.

Edited by TheWaters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Snow Patrol wouldnt headline i dont think. Primal Scream maybe but i only know there old stuff. I could see Chemical Brothers co headlining tbf, but idk who with

Primal Scream played 3rdish from top when they last played (and were awful) no chance theyd be any higher if they turned up now, which will be unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Benj said:

Primal Scream played 3rdish from top when they last played (and were awful) no chance theyd be any higher if they turned up now, which will be unlikely. 

They headlined one of the tents after that about 12 or 13 years ago, they weren't too bad that day.

Cant see them being booked again though.

Edited by rivalschools.price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no chance of primal scream.

Maybe a R1 headline slot for snow patrol if we are unlucky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Primal Scream last played all the way back in 2006 and they've been active and on the festival circuit many times since then, so I feel if R&L wanted them back it would have happened by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Door have announced a new album for 2020, can deffo see them subbing/co-head. Also ten years of Tourist History. 

Edited by Nick Aldous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

Two Door have announced a new album for 2020, can deffo see them subbing/co-head. Also ten years of Tourist History. 

That’s awesome. With a subheadliner like that (a dark fruits sort of band). Would they usually play underneath a similar sort of headliner (eg Liam Gallagher) or would they usually play under and different sort of headliner (eg a rapper)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me that thinks if the chems did close the main stage it would be awesome? Am I out of touch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it just me that thinks if the chems did close the main stage it would be awesome? Am I out of touch?

Too good to be true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Chems with the new big screens on the main would be sick.

Oh yes, please. Not going to happen but imagine, amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anonymous1234543675 said:

Any chance of a fatboy slim or fun lovin criminals radio 1 headline?

Nope, your average R&L attendee will of never heard of Fun Lovin Criminals and when Fatboy last played he headlined the dance tent

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it just me that thinks if the chems did close the main stage it would be awesome? Am I out of touch?

That would be epic, I’d love to see that 

 

9 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Nope, your average R&L attendee will of never heard of Fun Lovin Criminals and when Fatboy last played he headlined the dance tent

But I think Fatboy Slim would be a good R1 headliner personally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jake1234 said:

That’s awesome. With a subheadliner like that (a dark fruits sort of band). Would they usually play underneath a similar sort of headliner (eg Liam Gallagher) or would they usually play under and different sort of headliner (eg a rapper)?

There’s no pattern really. I wouldn’t be surprised if Two door subbed Liam, that’d be a decent evening. 
 

Kendrick Lamar subbing the libertines just after TPAB came out was fantastic so they can usually make good pairings. TDCC under The Strokes would be my personal favourite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

There’s no pattern really. I wouldn’t be surprised if Two door subbed Liam, that’d be a decent evening. 
 

Kendrick Lamar subbing the libertines just after TPAB came out was fantastic so they can usually make good pairings. TDCC under The Strokes would be my personal favourite 

TDCC would work really well under the strokes (and it would also be two of my favourite bands) but they do have a similar kinda electronic vibe I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I think there's more chance of the wiggles playing R&L than there is Fun Lovin' Criminals

I’d love to see the original Wiggles, their new stuff doesn’t appeal to me but the stuff like Fruit Salad is absolute gold

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gfa said:

TDCC would work really well under the strokes (and it would also be two of my favourite bands) but they do have a similar kinda electronic vibe I think.

Well that’s why I doubt it’d happen though it’d be great. Two door subbing Travis Scott isn’t a ridiculous idea.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cal321123 said:

Bro,, I would go see The Wiggles if they turned up though, rather that than LG tbh

As long as it’s the original lineup though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...