Jump to content
randlfan

Lineup 2020

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, VCK said:

Not many to be fair, but if they had them back I don't think they'd be headliners again.

Me neither, a very good sub though. Although I'd like it, I think Pete's ego would get in the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Yeah but no brockhampton/slowthai on the bill surely means they’re playing 

They both played this year's Longitude so that doesn't mean much.

2 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

I feel like FR really think LG will sell loads of tickets the fact there releasing day tickets already for the Saturday is pretty stupid however him being on Saturday surely means that he will be a co-headline

Why's it stupid?

I would actually say it's much less likely that there's a coheadliner now. Would be odd for two acts to be given equal billing on the same day but one of them gets a headstart to sell tickets to its own fanbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would actually say it's much less likely that there's a coheadliner now. Would be odd for two acts to be given equal billing on the same day but one of them gets a headstart to sell tickets to its own fanbase

He can't be headlining outright it's just not right. Two albums the second not even being that great plus aloud of classic Oasis songs which are great but come on, like we had Foo Fighters and Post Malone at this time last year what is going on? where's the money going? 

Kanye West 

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yes

Edited by Dim Sum
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I would actually say it's much less likely that there's a coheadliner now. Would be odd for two acts to be given equal billing on the same day but one of them gets a headstart to sell tickets to its own fanbase.

Yeah I don't recall them doing something like this for other bands/acts with big fanbases in the past that have been announced in advance of the rest of the bill. So equally, I really would be surprised if there's a co-headliner announced. A big sub still might be an option, mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people are predicting a Travis/BMTH co-headline. Is there anything to suggest this might happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Dread it, run from it, The Courteeners still arrive.

Thankfully The Courteeners haven't terrorised the R&L lineup since 2012. Courteeners however.... ;) 

In all seriousness they're probably subbing again aren't they. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Thankfully The Courteeners haven't terrorised the R&L lineup since 2012. Courteeners however.... ;) 

In all seriousness they're probably subbing again aren't they. Ugh.

Throw Lewis Capaldi 3rd down just to dunk on TRNSMT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Do we think Eminem could do it again? I mean Travis only played in 2018 so not sure he'd come back just yet for the bump up 

His stock has fallen substantially in the mainstream. Would be a bit of a silly booking imo, especially because it'll have been just 3 years. Travis is one of the most popular artists in the world right now and has grown massively since 2018 while Eminem has probably dipped a bit after the last two albums not being very well received. Don't think it'd make much sense with better rap options out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 9:51 AM, Dim Sum said:

He can't be headlining outright it's just not right. Two albums the second not even being that great plus aloud of classic Oasis songs which are great but come on, like we had Foo Fighters and Post Malone at this time last year what is going on? where's the money going? 

Kanye West 

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yes

You're saying about Liam but he l00% has the sales to do it, Post Malone to be fair had only been 5th down the main stage and then co-headlining. The craziest thing here is that Latitude have somehow booked an act that can sell out a stadium date, and although its Manchester, his other arena tour are crazy for that gig. The Killers did it but they weren't at the point they are now again, Glastonbury has well for them. I think Liam is either than cheap or they are cashing in before an inevitable Oasis reunion where he's then unavailable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

His stock has fallen substantially in the mainstream. Would be a bit of a silly booking imo, especially because it'll have been just 3 years. Travis is one of the most popular artists in the world right now and has grown massively since 2018 while Eminem has probably dipped a bit after the last two albums not being very well received. Don't think it'd make much sense with better rap options out there.

Like critical response has ever or will ever hurt Eminem. I don't think he's declined much if at all and he is still the biggest act that R+L would book. It would be an uninspired booking but it works every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, robillustrates said:

I keep thinking Blink 182 will end up at Reading, likely, not at all possible? I have no evidence for it.

Yeah i was thinking that too, especially as they did say they would be touring Europe in 2020, plus they haven't played since 2014! Here's to hoping!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

Yeah i was thinking that too, especially as they did say they would be touring Europe in 2020, plus they haven't played since 2014! Here's to hoping!

Me too. Where would they be on the bill now though? ‘Co-headline’ before Scott?

Im guessing they’re still way too big, even without Tom to headline the tent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Me too. Where would they be on the bill now though? ‘Co-headline’ before Scott?

Im guessing they’re still way too big, even without Tom to headline the tent?

A co-headline slot would work, i'd take that for them to be there, would leave the other two days free for other outright headliners! Yeah i think they're still far to big to be headlining a tent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sad news about Juice Wrld. 21 years old, fucking hell! ?

Was touting him to have a Post Malone-like rise after another album honestly he'd really been on the up for a while. Horrible news, RIP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t get why Biffy Clyro aren’t one of the main rumours. They have a new album out  near the start of 2020 which they will be touring and they already have German festivals announced. I can’t think of any other U.K. Festival they’d be suited to play that hasn’t already announced it’s lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Don’t get why Biffy Clyro aren’t one of the main rumours. They have a new album out  near the start of 2020 which they will be touring and they already have German festivals announced. I can’t think of any other U.K. Festival they’d be suited to play that hasn’t already announced it’s lineup.

They are a likely candidate, but headlining 3 times in 8 years seems a bit odd (doubt the organisers care for this 'rule' though).

Has there been any instance before of an act headlining 3 times over a short period of time(relatively speaking)?

Can think of something like FOB doing 2016 and 2018, not 3 times though. Even Muse are spread out every 5/6 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moonage505 said:

Brockhampton touring UK in May, rules them out most likely now

Those venues tho. They (the group) are so much bigger than I thought they were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...