randlfan

Lineup 2020

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s not going to be MCR :lol: 

Catfish will never headline. They’re going to go the same way as The Vaccines and stagnate. 

It’ll BMTH, The Strokes, Stormzy & Travis Scott. 

Yeah, I don't think they did themselves much favors covering about 4 of the medium festivals in one year, they aren't as gone as The Vaccines though and they are booked for a slot this year that an act did this year while subbing Glastonbury so they aren't dead yet.

6 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

guys don’t shoot the messenger but i have a 100% guarantee from a source i have at FR that the headliners are catfish, travis scott and fall out boy 

Well, Fall Out Boy are in the US during the festival so the source is 100% wrong ?

Edited by Newjem
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

guys don’t shoot the messenger but i have a 100% guarantee from a source i have at FR that the headliners are catfish, travis scott and fall out boy 

Ill take your word but i fucking hope not... Dont get me wrong, I like the names but for them three to be the main acts across the weekend, that would be a massive disappointment after having Foos, 21P, Post and 1975 this year. 

Edit: the guy above just shut you down jeez

Double Edit: I checked myself and his correct.

Edited by The All Round Ball :|

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

as if fallout boy would be back after a one year break.

Duffest news ever, what with them otherwise not being available and doing hella mega too on the day!

hahahahahha

16 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

15 minutes ago, Benj said:

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

as if fallout boy would be back after a one year break.

image.png.054d6fb1cbffc11f6bc6afa18789ea16.png

image.thumb.png.f996bc0dbe47c73ed7a47040fa62e7e4.png

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

Surely not. 

As everyone else has said, Hella Mega Tour.

Edited by TKOCF

I may be out of touch here but I think if the Strokes headline main will be very quiet based on the general audience of Reading nowadays

• Upvote 1

As much as I'd love to argue against The Strokes, they're the only band who sold out their APE day last year without mass giveaways weren't they? They're clearly still a draw.

Catfish sure as hell aren't headlining this if they're doing Neighbourhood.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

As much as I'd love to argue against The Strokes, they're the only band who sold out their APE day last year without mass giveaways weren't they? They're clearly still a draw.

Catfish sure as hell aren't headlining this if they're doing Neighbourhood.

I am so conflicted on this. They did sell out APE but hadn't played the UK for 4 years. They maintain their headline status through scarcity instead of consistency. If the Voidz aren't touring I reckon Reading it is, if the festival even wants them? They did early european fests this year so late fests in europe i.e. Reading would make sense. If the Voidz are touring I reckon they will do Glastonbury or something

3 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

just like to clarify this was bait

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, gfa said:

I am so conflicted on this. They did sell out APE but hadn't played the UK for 4 years. They maintain their headline status through scarcity instead of consistency. If the Voidz aren't touring I reckon Reading it is, if the festival even wants them? They did early european fests this year so late fests in europe i.e. Reading would make sense. If the Voidz are touring I reckon they will do Glastonbury or something

You're overthinking it. The Strokes are a decent ticket seller and if indie is still at Reading and Leeds then The Strokes are welcome. They will play wherever in the world as long as they are free and the money is good - there is no pattern to be looked at regarding The Strokes summer plans (they played start, end and middle of summer in Europe this year btw) and certainly not The Voidz.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

I mentioned a while back that Bring Me The Horizon will be one of the headliners but ill mention it again anyway. BMTH are 110% one of the headliners, The rest i dont have a clue but trust me ive got this from a very good source at Leeds last year that its them. So there you go your First R & L 2020 headliner is BMTH and im personally delighted its them! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You're overthinking it. The Strokes are a decent ticket seller and if indie is still at Reading and Leeds then The Strokes are welcome. They will play wherever in the world as long as they are free and the money is good - there is no pattern to be looked at regarding The Strokes summer plans (they played start, end and middle of summer in Europe this year btw) and certainly not The Voidz.

Yeah probably

38 minutes ago, Samjones said:

The first announcement last year was the 21st of November, could we expect and announcement on Monday?

Usually we get a an announcement of the announcement either the Friday/Monday before so possibly could get one of those tomorrow and an announcement next week. Personally think we'll be waiting a while longer though.