Sign in to follow this  
randlfan

Lineup 2020

Oasis

Catfish

The Courteeneers

Yer da's faves. Proper lads, proper tunes. 

The 2020 line up will be announced before the 2018 line up.

Wrong festival, ignore me.

was pretty fucking confused by the idea of Travis Scott and Major Lazer co-headlining the 50th anniversary of Glasto.

Edited by Steve1000

How are we already on 2020? Lord, I'd have no idea.

Given that Biffy, FOB and Eminem all put paid to conventional wisdom of a five year rule, then I could see Kendrick back in 2020, providing he's not nailed on for Glastonbury that year - and given that it's the 50th Anniversary, feel that could be a stretch. (Reckon - given his status in the world right now, Kendrick could be one of the more feasible 50th Anniversary headliners at Glastonbury, particularly if they go for no repeat bookings.)

If not Kendrick, then definitely a hip-hop artist; they might finally land on Kanye, if he's still putting out music, or they might go for Drake unless his popularity abates terribly in the space of two and a half years.

Dua Lipa to sub.

And, if they somehow crank out a 30,000+ first week sales album for a #1 record, guess Courteeners are in with a shout - though they may get a co-headline gig with a return to rotating bill-toppers (they'd go down explosively in Leeds, I'd imagine, but entirely unsure what their pull is like in the South.) If Courteeners headlined, it'd have to be a very strong undercard and remaining headliner set.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:15 AM, DownboundTrain52 said:

How are we already on 2020? Lord, I'd have no idea.

Given that Biffy, FOB and Eminem all put paid to conventional wisdom of a five year rule, then I could see Kendrick back in 2020, providing he's not nailed on for Glastonbury that year - and given that it's the 50th Anniversary, feel that could be a stretch. (Reckon - given his status in the world right now, Kendrick could be one of the more feasible 50th Anniversary headliners at Glastonbury, particularly if they go for no repeat bookings.)

If not Kendrick, then definitely a hip-hop artist; they might finally land on Kanye, if he's still putting out music, or they might go for Drake unless his popularity abates terribly in the space of two and a half years.

Dua Lipa to sub.

And, if they somehow crank out a 30,000+ first week sales album for a #1 record, guess Courteeners are in with a shout - though they may get a co-headline gig with a return to rotating bill-toppers (they'd go down explosively in Leeds, I'd imagine, but entirely unsure what their pull is like in the South.) If Courteeners headlined, it'd have to be a very strong undercard and remaining headliner set.

how about a courtneers and bastille co-headline set

17 minutes ago, Cosmos said:

how about a courtneers and bastille co-headline set

I'm going to assume that this is sarcasm masking a genuine concern, but seems reasonable to assume it's a shout.

On 01/03/2018 at 3:28 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Fri - Travis Scott / Major Lazer coheadline

Sat - Arctic Monkeys, HAIM

Sun - Green Day, BBK

surely they haven't booked 2020 already?? that's going to be an awful lineup, only green day

4 minutes ago, Jeremy F 2000 said:

surely they haven't booked 2020 already?? that's going to be an awful lineup, only green day

Just a prediction. Until we get to about 10 months before any festival we're all just randomly guessing so I wouldn't worry.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just a prediction. Until we get to about 10 months before any festival we're all just randomly guessing so I wouldn't worry.

thank god ...... okay thank you ... how come this years lineup came out in February then and not October if it comes out 10 months before???

Just now, Jeremy F 2000 said:

thank god ...... okay thank you ... how come this years lineup came out in February then and not October if it comes out 10 months before???

No I mean the guesses we have are more educated when other festivals start announcing their lineups and it becomes obvious who might be touring. We don't actually know who is playing until it's announced or leaked or whatever.

Just now, dentalplan said:

No I mean the guesses we have are more educated when other festivals start announcing their lineups and it becomes obvious who might be touring. We don't actually know who is playing until it's announced or leaked or whatever.

who do you think will headline in 2020??? I think it will be green day and all time low and blink 182

1 minute ago, Jeremy F 2000 said:

who do you think will headline in 2020??? I think it will be green day and all time low and blink 182

and fall out boy because they headline every 2 years 

I don't think they'll be having Fall Out Boy headline every two years if they can help it. I don't really care to predict who might headline over two years away but I think you'll only get possibly Green Day or Blink-182 out of those.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I don't think they'll be having Fall Out Boy headline every two years if they can help it. I don't really care to predict who might headline over two years away but I think you'll only get possibly Green Day or Blink-182 out of those.

why not there brilliant

main stage: disclosure, Liam Gallagher , coldplay

radio 1 stage: Bastille, royal blood, Swedish house mafia

7 minutes ago, jj200 said:

main stage: disclosure, Liam Gallagher , coldplay

radio 1 stage: Bastille, royal blood, Swedish house mafia

Royal Blood aren't big enough to headline the Radio 1 stage.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn