Lineup 2020

randlfan

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

A lot of these excess deaths are due to:

- People not going to hospital when they should (for non-covid reasons)

- Suicide due to the stress of the lockdown 

And so because it's suicide that makes it alright for you to increase the risk by going to a festival

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I never once said R&L should go ahead this year, I just said I’d go if it did 

Not that people are annoyed at, it's your reasoning that it's 'just the sniffles' and that it isn't that bad when, as apparently needs to still be explained to people.. 

PEOPLE ARE FUCKING DYING

36 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

90% of those who died had underlying health problems and of the 10% who didn’t, the vast majority were very old. Those who are dying from this were very close to death anyway, people aren’t just randomly dropping dead.

Piss off somewhere else, c**t. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

90% of those who died had underlying health problems and of the 10% who didn’t, the vast majority were very old. Those who are dying from this were very close to death anyway, people aren’t just randomly dropping dead.

Mass genocide of the old and those with underlying health problems.  You’re obviously OK with that ?  No need to act to save lives, right ?

A lot of people on this thread and elsewhere have said the following:

"No mass gatherings should be held until a vaccine is found" 

Do we think there is any chance COVID-19 could be completely removed from the UK? (i.e. 0 active cases) 

Or is that completely impossible before a vaccine

32 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Do we think there is any chance COVID-19 could be completely removed from the UK? (i.e. 0 active cases) 

I think that it’s extremely to get to that point. It’s already slowing down, I think if we continue on this lockdown and follow it properly, we could get to point where we see low triple figures/high double figures of new infected cases.

i think we won’t see any drastic changes until herd immunity kicks in, so about 75% of the population have had it. Then I think we might see a large drop

30 minutes ago, Isambard said:

Festival Republic apparently saying no decision has been made yet with regards cancelling Reading or Leeds

This is definitely something contractural or insurance based holding them back. It’s cancelled. They just can’t say it is right now for whatever reason.

50 minutes ago, R Shah said:

It's not impossible, but this is an extremely unlikely scenario. Even with a herd immunity the virus will still spread around the community, but at a slowed rate. If we locked everyone In the UK in their homes right now for 2 weeks (you can't leave your house) then you could completely suppress the virus in a way that it could no longer spread and you would then have 0 active cases. The issue then lies with people entering the country, which is why a mandated and monitored 2 week quarantine is so important and should have been in place months ago.

If everyone then coming into the country who is infected then has to quarantine, along with the rest of their household they are staying in, for 2 weeks, the virus would no longer be able to spread. 

In reality, this is very difficult to achieve and even in Wuhan, where they have reached a very low transmission rate, are still seeing new cases pop up here and there due to internationals arriving from abroad. With people like lorry drivers still able to cross the border and people allowed to take international flights for business, it would be near impossible to artificially suppress the virus to 0 active cases.

It's worth being very cautious over the next couple of weeks in the UK. Using the KCL Covid symptom's app at the beginning of April they estimated that well over 2 million UK citizens actively had the virus. With introduction of lockdown, the R0 was well below one and this has decreased number of estimated active cases to 230,000 a few days ago. However, over the past couple of days the estimate for active cases has slowly risen to 245,000. This suggests that some of the British population haven't been adhering to lockdown rules for 1-2 weeks now (due to a delay in symptoms showing up). This also indicates that the R0 is currently fluctuating around 1, however averaging out slightly just above 1. With relaxation of restrictions and allowing multiple 2 person gatherings with different people on the same day, that R0 could potentially start increasing again. Who knows how much it will increase by, only time will tell, and additionally the reopening of schools could also push up the R0 and cause a 2nd spike in infections.

Brace for the 2nd wave, if we are lucky, we can suppress it and there won't be a major one, but it's also entirely possible another large wave is coming our way. I will continue to stay at home as much as possible for this reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I will continue to stay at home as much as possible for this reason.

Sound advice.

Myself and my wife are both key workers and had no choice to work,  the children being off school is the only part of covid that's affected us in a personal way of life.

Our only concern is are your work colleagues adhering to lock down rules, as our neighbor's certainly are not.

I usually buy tickets to festivals before Christmas, I certainly won't be doing that for 2021.