Lineup 2020

randlfan

15 minutes ago, Isambard said:

I bet there are pages of them, I’ll take your word for it !  I just want my money back at this stage.  I would imagine there are quite a few of us strapped for cash .....

Bands pull out all the time at festivals, you dont get money back if acts pull out.

It will not be long until the festival is cancelled, then the refund process will start. Although don't expect refunds straight away.

17 minutes ago, thetime said:

Bands pull out all the time at festivals, you dont get money back if acts pull out.

It will not be long until the festival is cancelled, then the refund process will start. Although don't expect refunds straight away.

I got my TOP refund from ticketmaster very quickly after the cancellation announcement, and all the fees were refunded too 😊

11 hours ago, RonanM said:

A vaccine may never be possible. What then? 

Eventually we’ll have achieved herd immunity, I was talking to my teacher about this. We can’t stay in lockdown forever, the economy is fucked as it is, we both think at some point people will be like fuck it and go out, when the NHS is under less pressure and there’s more space for the infected, ik it sounds quite ruthless but at some point we’ll either have a vaccine or achieved herd immunity 

1 minute ago, therefused said:

21st February there is a post. Its right there.

That’s not the announcement, that’s the promo thing. The actual announcement was a video and it was before Stormzy and the full lineup was there, that video is not on there

8 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

It never has support from local residents anyway yet they run it regardless!

I have friends who live in maple Durham (entrance to white and staff camping) and they are paid a lot of money to rent out their field. They go on holiday during the festival and basically the festival pays for that and therefore they love the festival

13 hours ago, RonanM said:

A vaccine may never be possible. What then? 

As I said, it would depend on herd immunity and numbers. Only once I'm comfortable with that figure would I then start to return to normal. But while the vast majority of people have not had it and are therefore susceptible to catching and spreading it then I won't risk my health or my loved ones. 

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

That’s not the announcement, that’s the promo thing. The actual announcement was a video and it was before Stormzy and the full lineup was there, that video is not on there

right ok, im not really sure what the point is anyway, if they were trying to wipe them from there lineup why just delete some posts? 

17 hours ago, metallimuse said:

For me, yep. 

I wouldn’t want to go to a mass attended event until there’s a vaccine. I really don’t see me going to a bar/restaurant until there’s a vaccine either depending on herd immunity numbers and percentages.

Coronavirus really is just a cough and a fever for the vast majority of victims.

Of course there’s a tiny chance you could get it worse, but if we lived with that attitude we’d never get out of bed. If the festivals were allowed to go ahead I would definitely attend them. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Coronavirus really is just a cough and a fever for the vast majority of victims.

Of course there’s a tiny chance you could get it worse, but if we lived with that attitude we’d never get out of bed. If the festivals were allowed to go ahead I would definitely attend them. 

I don't think I'd risk this year if it was still on, unless it seems to have calmed down by then. Next year, if we're in the same position tho, with no vaccine but many more people have caught it then i would

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Risk what? The sniffles? 

People are fucking dying you moron. Young and old, just because the risk is smaller doesn't mean it isn't there. And those 'sniffles', even if thats all you get, might be worse for somebody you pass it on to. A festival isn't worth people fucking dying

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

People are fucking dying you moron. Young and old, just because the risk is smaller doesn't mean it isn't there. And those 'sniffles', even if thats all you get, might be worse for somebody you pass it on to. A festival isn't worth people fucking dying

90% of those who died had underlying health problems and of the 10% who didn’t, the vast majority were very old. Those who are dying from this were very close to death anyway, people aren’t just randomly dropping dead.

• Downvote 14

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Risk what? The sniffles? 

No, not the sniffles, I've seen people slightly older than me who had it really bad. The stats don't lie, there has been a lot of deaths, and i don't think they died from "the sniffles", at least respect them mate. I wouldn't want to risk taking it home to my family, or being part of the few people who create a second spike. As much as I love the festival, and desperately want to go, I think risking the country's health for one weekend of fun would be stupid now. If we're at the same point next year, there would be no point staying inside, and then i would consider mass gatherings, mostly because if it's not gone, I might as well get it and increase chance of herd immunity. But right now that would be a dickhead move.

Edited by Gerard the Fab

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

90% of those who died had underlying health problems and of the 10% who didn’t, the vast majority were very old. Those who are dying from this were very close to death anyway, people aren’t just randomly dropping dead.

Tell that to all the NHS staff who have caught it and sadly passed. They were trying to save everyone else and ended up sacrificing themselves. And even then, I don't think people with underlying health problems would appreciate people still going to a festival while they're stuck inside

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-deaths-england-wales-excess-ons-covid-19-a9509871.html

Almost 50,000 excess deaths, a lot of those due to this. This isn't just people who would have died anyway as you're suggesting, there are thousands of people who would have been alive if not for this. Get a fucking grip

3 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-deaths-england-wales-excess-ons-covid-19-a9509871.html

Almost 50,000 excess deaths, a lot of those due to this. This isn't just people who would have died anyway as you're suggesting, there are thousands of people who would have been alive if not for this. Get a fucking grip

A lot of these excess deaths are due to:

- People not going to hospital when they should (for non-covid reasons)

- Suicide due to the stress of the lockdown 

• Downvote 3