Lineup 2020

randlfan

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not sure whether to process a refund even though rage are rescheduling. Because I could really do with nearly 100 quid right now. Highly doubt tickets for the day will sell out next year if they didn’t this year.

I could really do with €700, plus €900 for the 4 nights accommodation I booked, and €400 for the ferry.  Seriously hoping to be able to get a refund soon !!

• Like 1

It's inevitable it's gone this year. Last news story on the official website is from March, they haven't updated it since. It's just a case of when they're going to break the news.

For the best really, the line-up is shite.

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, VCK said:

It's inevitable it's gone this year. Last news story on the official website is from March, they haven't updated it since. It's just a case of when they're going to break the news.

For the best really, the line-up is shite.

Unless it’s the same one next year

55 minutes ago, VCK said:

For the worst really, the line-up has Rage Against The Machine.

Fixed.

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Why

Why would it? That would require every single act on the lineup to have the exact same touring plans next year, remain equally as popular as they were at the time the lineup for this year was announced, no more appealing acts become available etc etc

12 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Why would it? That would require every single act on the lineup to have the exact same touring plans next year, remain equally as popular as they were at the time the lineup for this year was announced, no more appealing acts become available etc etc

They’re not gonna scrap the lineup and start again they’ll try and keep as many as possible 

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They’re not gonna scrap the lineup and start again they’ll try and keep as many as possible 

Keeping as many as possible isn't keeping it the exact same. And if better options become available, they're not gonna pass on them just to keep the lineup the same as this years. What would be the point in that?

4 minutes ago, Isambard said:

It’s not like they sold out this year, hopefully they’ll try to do better 

well yh I think we all do, it’s just a bit harsh if they bin most of the lineup

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

well yh I think we all do, it’s just a bit harsh if they bin most of the lineup

I don’t particularly like Rage, but I sincerely hope they’re on the line up for next year as I know a lot were very excited about them being there.  

Boris speech was an incoherent mess and is just playing with the lives of the working class using them as guinea pigs to see if its safe to move things forward,

large outdoor gatherings should not be allowed to go ahead until the virus no longer poses a threat I.e. when a vaccine is available 

If reading does go ahead it will be utterly irresponsible  

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Has anyone just gained some hope that 2020 may happen? I’m not getting my hopes too high just feel there is some hope 

A slight bit yeah. Speech didn't entirely rule it out so the flame is still burning just barely for now ha. Probably just wishful thinking though. 

4 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

A slight bit yeah. Speech didn't entirely rule it out so the flame is still burning just barely for now ha. Probably just wishful thinking though. 

I think it’s unlikely but any bit of hope I am holding onto until we hear otherwise

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dum surfer said:

Boris speech was an incoherent mess and is just playing with the lives of the working class using them as guinea pigs to see if its safe to move things forward,

large outdoor gatherings should not be allowed to go ahead until the virus no longer poses a threat I.e. when a vaccine is available 

If reading does go ahead it will be utterly irresponsible  

I don’t want to go, and just want confirmation of cancellation  and a refund.  I agree it would be totally irresponsible to hold a 3 day event.  Most people are there the day before and leave the day after, so 5 days.  The Royal Berks couldn’t cope.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Isambard said:

I don’t want to go, and just want confirmation of cancellation  and a refund.  I agree it would be totally irresponsible to hold a 3 day event.  Most people are there the day before and leave the day after, so 5 days.  The Royal Berks couldn’t cope.

Surely they will get ill 14 days later so won’t impact royal berks too much.

• Downvote 4

26 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Surely they will get ill 14 days later so won’t impact royal berks too much.

Most people recover after 14 days, not get ill after 14 days.  Also, I’d be pretty pissed off if I lived in Reading and over 100k people came to my town 

Edited by Isambard
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Incorrect bud, the people who get seriously ill tend to need ICU 14 days after contracting the virus.

The people who live in Reading will still be there 14 days later, after everyone else brought the infection to Reading and then went home

• Upvote 1

This thread is going round and round in circles. It's obviously not happening, the cancellation announcement is imminent now. 

And no, I wouldn't be happy if 105,000 came to my town and brought the coronavirus in and made it the most infected town in the whole of Britain.

There's so many reasons this cannot go ahead.

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Upvote 2