Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I understand all of that and im 99% sure that it'll be cancelled (they can't move it back because the target audience will be back at school/college/uni)

However, with lockdown easing it does give us a solid 3 and a bit months for a bit of normality, also unlike Glasto where they need so many people to set up stages and all the other areas, I only see the tents really go up a week or two before, basically allowing us to leave it as long as possible. The hygiene bit and no soical distancing is what i can see being the problem. However, they could stop seeling tickets now and cap it at about 90k people, and provide more showers and stuff (just a thought really). People will be desperate just for a bit of fun and happiness and I think if its all calmed down a bit, we may have a festival to enjoy. 🙂

I think people are going to be disappointed with this “lockdown easing”. In my line of work we are preparing to advise clients that more of them will be going back to work, but social distancing will remain in place for a long while.

We are expecting social distancing to be in place till at least Christmas. If the government don’t give a rough end date to social distancing it may kill next years festival season too. Why? Because they might not be able to continue with operations if social distancing is in place for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Matt42

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Honestly could see her sub Stormzy if Migos don't bother with the trip

Fuck it, here is my prediction if its not cancelled

Stormzy/Dua Lipa/Lewis Capaldi/All Time Low or NBT

LG/Gerry Cinnamon/TDCC/DBE

BMTH//Biffy/Courteneers/IDLES

Rex doesn't headline R1, instead they get Mabel or someone British (maybe the Vaccines or Blossoms or someone, but i cannot see them going up against LG)

Genuinely more chance of @thewayiam getting into positive reputation on here than this festival happening

Like @Matt42 pointed out, with any kind of ease of the lockdown that may come in the next few months social distancing will still be in place 100%. Gigs and fests will likely be the last thing to come back because it’s 1. Not essential 2. Literally hundreds or thousands of people crammed together in a small space, a breeding ground for a virus. I’m sure the government won’t wanna take any sort of risk on the scale of allowing those events too soon

• Upvote 2

How soon would we think gigs of 100-300ish capacity can happen? What qualifies as a "mass gathering?" 

If pretty much all O2 Academy and bigger gigs can't happen, reckon my mates would be a lot more down to buy tickets to see my band just for any sort of gig haha 

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

How soon would we think gigs of 100-300ish capacity can happen? What qualifies as a "mass gathering?" 

If pretty much all O2 Academy and bigger gigs can't happen, reckon my mates would be a lot more down to buy tickets to see my band just for any sort of gig haha 

In NRW in Germany events of up to 100 people are now allowed (with face mask requirement). We are a fair few weeks behind them so maybe end of June/July. Maybe moving into August we will be allowed up to 500 people.

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Maybe they’re lowering the capacity, refunding day tickets, only allowing weekenders. 

would be nice if they only allow 50k or so in

On a 50k capacity it will still be cancelled. Capacity would have to be lowered to 5000 or less for it to even stand the tiniest chance and that isn't going to happen.

14 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It’s just incredibly confusing scenario that festivals and tours are being rescheduled for August, September 

@Matt42 @TheWaters I fully understand your points but I’ve gotta hang on to something 

I remember when you were hanging on to the fact that MCR were going to be headlining this year, that didn't turn out great. 

Honestly i thought the suggestions for the headliners this year were wild but people still thinking the festival will be on, come on guys. People are dying.

All we're missing is Dan Wilcox, winding everyone up telling you whether its on or off 

1 hour ago, 19liam75 said:

I remember when you were hanging on to the fact that MCR were going to be headlining this year, that didn't turn out great. 

By the time the announcement came it was more of a joke than anything else, I understand people are dying and it’s awful, but we’re all struggling and it’s kinda like a light at the end of the tunnel, having fest to kinda signal the return of normality.

Let me hope it’s on, ik it’s almost definitely not but can I just hope???

Reading now getting pressure to cancel by the media. BBC running an article why it hasn’t cancelled already.

@Gerard the Fab I know you want a light at the end of the tunnel, but I don’t think it’s mean anymore to say you really are dreaming. This festival will be cancelled either today or next week. I reckon the cancellation before the bank holiday or after the bank holiday makes sense. Depends how quickly they can get refunds out. Could they do a statement today?

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reading now getting pressure to cancel by the media. BBC running an article why it hasn’t cancelled already.

@Gerard the Fab I know you want a light at the end of the tunnel, but I don’t think it’s mean anymore to say you really are dreaming. This festival will be cancelled either today or next week. I reckon the cancellation before the bank holiday or after the bank holiday makes sense. Depends how quickly they can get refunds out. Could they do a statement today?

No ik I’m dreaming, but I can dream until we get an announcement and honestly the announcement could come at any point

5 hours ago, jj200 said:

Can reading do the festival remotely

I don’t think they’d do the festival remotely but I reckon we’d get something, whether it’s coverage of old sets from artists that people vote for or like Insta lives or Twitter, I just think they’ll give us something over that weekend

Edited by Gerard the Fab

Houghton has been cancelled. Few weeks before Reading with an attendance with an attendance much lower than R&L.

I’m anticipating an announcement from R&L either tonight or on Monday/ Tuesday that it is cancelled.

Edited by Matt42

I’m not sure whether to process a refund even though rage are rescheduling. Because I could really do with nearly 100 quid right now. Highly doubt tickets for the day will sell out next year if they didn’t this year.

Edited by Matt42