Lineup 2020

randlfan

15 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Wireless has just cancelled

Twitter replies are rather surprising. People are absolutely fuming. Surely being annoyed at the festival is just a bit... misguided? To any rational person they can see that this isn’t the festivals fault.

The interesting thing is that wireless are the first festival (I believe) to outright state that they will have a new lineup in 2021. They said this in the Q&A.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Twitter replies are rather surprising. People are absolutely fuming. Surely being annoyed at the festival is just a bit... misguided? To any rational person they can see that this isn’t the festivals fault.

The interesting thing is that wireless are the first festival (I believe) to outright state that they will have a new lineup in 2021. They said this in the Q&A.

Wireless usually has major lineup changes right up until it actually happens - I'm sure 2020s lineup would have changed in the next month or so, let alone 2021s :lol:.

3 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

I just did that as well, this aged well...

image.thumb.png.dc0d20d11639ebbdea06c9c3358475ea.png

I saw that😂😂, feel like you may have a tempted fate there.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

i think it’s more they’re disappointed and can’t really rage at the government really 

Many people my age have decided that they’re now immune and should be allowed etc, and they think a 100,000 or whatever it is festival is never gonna spread Corona

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

i think it’s more they’re disappointed and can’t really rage at the government really 

Many people my age have decided that they’re now immune and should be allowed etc, and they think a 100,000 or whatever it is festival is never gonna spread Corona

🤨🤨

32 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

In the most miraculous of circumstances that fest happens this year but Rage don’t play who would you want to see fill in, honestly Arctic Monkeys would be epic

Realistically catfish.

I wonder if they could move it 2/3 weeks. Plenty of fests happening in September, although personally dont think they will take place either. 

August Bank Holiday is packed with festivals and carnivals, up to a million at notting hill carnival. Government isn't going to risk notting hill going ahead, probably more in peoples minds than reading.

23 minutes ago, thetime said:

Realistically catfish.

I wonder if they could move it 2/3 weeks. Plenty of fests happening in September, although personally dont think they will take place either. 

August Bank Holiday is packed with festivals and carnivals, up to a million at notting hill carnival. Government isn't going to risk notting hill going ahead, probably more in peoples minds than reading.

You think they’ll Catfish to headline, I reckon if they asked them they’d add Biffy as a co or summin

But that’s true, if lockdown is eased in the coming weeks, I’m still holding out a little hope

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You think they’ll Catfish to headline, I reckon if they asked them they’d add Biffy as a co or summin

Not really no, but realistically more viable than Arctic Monkeys.

We are at a point where people are not overly concerned about lineups, they just want a weekend festival.

Edited by thetime

13 minutes ago, thetime said:

Not really no, but realistically more viable than Arctic Monkeys.

We are at a point where people are not overly concerned about lineups, they just want a weekend festival.

thats true actually, honestly if Rage pull out and they push Courteneers up I'll still be happy for music

It’s not going to happen though. It’s 105,000 people with poor hygiene and social distancing is impossible. Moving it back to September a few weeks wouldn’t help the situation either, and I’m not sure they would be allowed by the council either as they have the same weekend booked out every year.

Boomtown is cancelled 1/2 weeks before hand and that’s just over half the capacity of reading.

In an extremely theoretical scenario that it could go ahead I wonder if they would try to book Dua lipa.

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

It’s not going to happen though. It’s 105,000 people with poor hygiene and social distancing is impossible. Moving it back to September a few weeks wouldn’t help the situation either, and I’m not sure they would be allowed by the council either as they have the same weekend booked out every year.

Boomtown is cancelled 1/2 weeks before hand and that’s just over half the capacity of reading.

I understand all of that and im 99% sure that it'll be cancelled (they can't move it back because the target audience will be back at school/college/uni)

However, with lockdown easing it does give us a solid 3 and a bit months for a bit of normality, also unlike Glasto where they need so many people to set up stages and all the other areas, I only see the tents really go up a week or two before, basically allowing us to leave it as long as possible. The hygiene bit and no soical distancing is what i can see being the problem. However, they could stop seeling tickets now and cap it at about 90k people, and provide more showers and stuff (just a thought really). People will be desperate just for a bit of fun and happiness and I think if its all calmed down a bit, we may have a festival to enjoy. 🙂

11 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

In an extremely theoretical scenario that it could go ahead I wonder if they would try to book Dua lipa.

Which why I find it strange festivals being rearranged, some just a few days after reading. 

They will no doubt be cancelled as well. 

The question will be when do gigs start again safely 

Edited by thetime

15 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Honestly could see her sub Stormzy if Migos don't bother with the trip

Fuck it, here is my prediction if its not cancelled

Stormzy/Dua Lipa/Lewis Capaldi/All Time Low or NBT

LG/Gerry Cinnamon/TDCC/DBE

BMTH//Biffy/Courteneers/IDLES

Rex doesn't headline R1, instead they get Mabel or someone British (maybe the Vaccines or Blossoms or someone, but i cannot see them going up against LG)

Edited by Gerard the Fab

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

The question will be when do gigs start again safely 

August Bank Holiday 😉 

or hopefully before June 2021

Edited by Gerard the Fab

3 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Supposedly people have been receiving refunds on day tickets today, think we'll be getting an announcement soon

I bought a day ticket and haven’t got a refund 

13 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Supposedly people have been receiving refunds on day tickets today, think we'll be getting an announcement soon

My latest installment on the payment plan hasn't been taken, was due on the 1st. 

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

In the most miraculous of circumstances that fest happens this year but Rage don’t play who would you want to see fill in, honestly Arctic Monkeys would be epic

Ah so replacing an act who have pulled out with one of the biggest British bands around right now who aren’t touring and managing to book them during a global pandemic. Would be the booking of the century.