Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Yes it's definitely off, also been said above RATM aren't even planning on coming over to Europe this august, so the festival is already at least one headliner down.

I think a lot of festivals are holding out for the government to officially ban public gatherings until a certain date, perhaps so they can claim insurance or something along those lines.

If you’re talking about Matt saying they’re not coming over to Europe in 2020 then it was just Matt talking with absolute certainty about his assumptions. It happens.

Second paragraph, I think it’s just to do with the festivals being sure there won’t be a change in circumstances before they shutter the event. They pour a lot of money and man hours into it so I see no reason to rush to a cancellation. Latitude isn’t even cancelled yet, TRNSMT only just got binned, etc.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Second paragraph, I think it’s just to do with the festivals being sure there won’t be a change in circumstances before they shutter the event. They pour a lot of money and man hours into it so I see no reason to rush to a cancellation. Latitude isn’t even cancelled yet, TRNSMT only just got binned, etc.

Maybe but if anyone thinks any festivals are going ahead this year then they are delusional. There isn't going to be a change in circumstances as even if a treatment or vaccine is found, these things take months to mass produce and it's not like we are going to suddenly reach herd immunity. No way are any mass gatherings happening this year, let alone this summer!

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Maybe but if anyone thinks any festivals are going ahead this year then they are delusional. There isn't going to be a change in circumstances as even if a treatment or vaccine is found, these things take months to mass produce and it's not like we are going to suddenly reach herd immunity. No way are any mass gatherings happening this year, let alone this summer!

I’m not going to argue that because neither of us knows what’s going to happen. What we do know is that festivals have put a lot of money into this years’ events, and they aren’t going to jump the gun on a crippling cancellation for the purpose of confirming the suspicions of experts on forums.

19 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

According to their homepage, RATM shows starting in July are on. If it‘s certain they cancelled their EU tour (weeks ago) why is there no word about their headline shows in September?

My guess is they are waiting until they inevitably have to postpone / cancel their whole tour rather than announce the cancellation of only a select few dates.

Taylor Swift did the same. Many of her shows were cancelled before she made the final statement she was moving the whole thing. 

R & L have been silent on social media for months now. It’s probably useless announcing Rage aren’t coming if they are unsure that their own festival is going ahead. Rage won’t be the only band / act that have told them they aren’t coming.

Dates that are not cancelled yet do not mean that those dates are somehow going ahead despite the circumstances. I know people want to be positive but I see takes like that a lot here. 

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I’m not going to argue that because neither of us knows what’s going to happen. What we do know is that festivals have put a lot of money into this years’ events, and they aren’t going to jump the gun on a crippling cancellation for the purpose of confirming the suspicions of experts on forums.

Also insurance. Can’t claim insurance for force majeure unless your event is forced to close.

There has been no official word that festivals in august can’t happen, even though it’s highly unlikely they will happen. R&L can’t do anything until they get officially shut down.

This is the same issue for all festivals this summer.

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Also insurance. Can’t claim insurance for force majeure unless your event is forced to close.

There has been no official word that festivals in august can’t happen, even though it’s highly unlikely they will happen. R&L can’t do anything until they get officially shut down.

This is the same issue for all festivals this summer.

I’m unsure about insurance in this country because some acts have said there is no insurance for this kind of thing, and that’s why postponements are much more prevalent than cancellation. But if that’s the case then yeah, that as wel.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I’m unsure about insurance in this country because some acts have said there is no insurance for this kind of thing, and that’s why postponements are much more prevalent than cancellation. But if that’s the case then yeah, that as wel.

Also festivals which are in this state of limbo probably aren’t being rushed to make any sort of decision. People are probably not buying tickets right now and they are probably working out a way to either refund tickets or put some contingency measures in place. 

They probably know that they will have to refund everyone eventually so why does it matter if it’s now or in the future? They will want to hold onto people’s money for as long as possible. If people are spending money right now for travel/accommodation whatever in this climate it’s kinda on them.

Edited by Matt42

I know this may be a stupid idea but could we have 2 festivals next year, move 2020s one to Easter time when people are off school, work etc and then have next years August bank holiday

It sounds stupid but who knows

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I know this may be a stupid idea but could we have 2 festivals next year, move 2020s one to Easter time when people are off school, work etc and then have next years August bank holiday

It sounds stupid but who knows

It’s not impossible but it’s also kinda impractical / improbable.

Do R&L genuinely have the money for two festivals? Also apart from rage most of the acts on this years lineup play every odd year anyway. I think R&L is way more likely to just cancel and start with a clean slate for 2021. Anyone they want back from 2020 they can either get in 2021 or 2022. I can’t see them breaking the bank to get Courteeners again if they can’t get them in August 2021.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not impossible but it’s also kinda impractical / improbable.

Do R&L genuinely have the money for two festivals? Also apart from rage most of the acts on this years lineup play every odd year anyway. I think R&L is way more likely to just cancel and start with a clean slate for 2021. Anyone they want back from 2020 they can either get in 2021 or 2022. I can’t see them breaking the bank to get Courteeners again if they can’t get them in August 2021.

Yh that’s true, I think we’ll have similar anyways, maybe new headliners but the rest the same

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Postponements allow promoters to keep the cash. I suspect many of the 'postponed' tours will ultimately be cancelled when things pick up again and money is flowing once more.

17 minutes ago, Isambard said:

At least they rescheduled and didn’t cancel like TOP.  Was dreading the possibility of trying to get tickets again !

That’s true, but I’m not sure if I can go as it’s right in the middle of my A Levels

The Everything Everything lead singer just said that there is no Reading festival on the Insta live

Im not sure if he’s said it generically for every gig or wherever artists now it’s cancelled but just thought I would say 

On 4/29/2020 at 9:30 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

That’s true, but I’m not sure if I can go as it’s right in the middle of my A Levels

Omg that’s just really awful timing for you.  We were supposed to have TOP / Hella Mega / MCR / Dublin Pride all in the week after the Leaving Cert.  would have been an amazing week :(