Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Even if Hella Mega is rearranged I reckon it’ll be earlier than this year, could still Green Day at Reading. Maybe even a top 3 of Weezer into FOB into Green Day

Can't really do a stadium tour before June when there's football on until May. Perhaps even later next summer, depending on what the hell happens with this season and the start of next.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Can't really do a stadium tour before June when there's football on until May. Perhaps even later next summer, depending on what the hell happens with this season and the start of next.

I have a feeling that next season just won’t happen, this one has to be finished first, and I can’t see that happening any tome soon

8 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I have a feeling that next season just won’t happen, this one has to be finished first, and I can’t see that happening any tome soon

A new season is going to be prioritised over playing out the last ten games of this one. Jesus.

Not really sure how it'll go between Green Day and co. fulfilling these stadium shows or doing a festival in the UK but it won't be both, I'd be pretty sure of that.

Edited by dentalplan

On 4/9/2020 at 5:26 PM, R Shah said:

Controversial opinion (dont attack me!) but I think more reading goers in 2021 would care about a band like Catfish and the Bottlemen than RATM. Wish it weren't true, but it's just how it is with Reading these days. 

Really hope RATM do Download, paired with one of this year's headliners and either Rammstein/Green Day who will probably cancel their stadium tours. 

Yes, the majority of Reading aren't bothered now about a band that were at their peak beteeen 24 and 26 years ago and it's clear to see the rest of the lineup doesn't cater to that at all. There has been few years a band has looked more out of place than RATM but it was a case of having to get them I guess. More than likely a case that they are booked in for many early summer fests next year and that's why doing Reading next year would be difficult too.

22 hours ago, Jericode said:

I reckon Green Day will just do the rearranged Hella Mega dates, although it'd be a huge get for Download if they can convince the three of them to top the bill one day.

Yeah i think they will just be rearranged as they made a big thing about doing those dates. If Reading was in the plans it won't be difficult just to say no delay a year and replace. 

17 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yes and the way I currently see it is that if the Euros were going to start mid June and finish mid July then many players were already going to be playing football within two weeks of the season finishing anyway.

Next season will be interesting but imo they definitely finish this one when they can before they think about next season. What happens next season is irrelevant right now and it may be decided it has to start in October and go through to June or whatever. Either way if they cannot start it and guarantee crowd participation then don't start it, finish woth no crowds for 10 ganes is one thing.

If Reading is cancelled, do you think there's any chance a smaller UK fay festival like Victorious would be able to go ahead? (No camping, smaller capacity etc.) Or am I being silly because pretty much any festival is a large gathering...

If it's possible, I desperately want to do some sort of festival on that bank holiday weekend. Might look further afield to Primavera/Rock en Seine if they go ahead.

7 hours ago, R Shah said:

If Reading is cancelled, do you think there's any chance a smaller UK fay festival like Victorious would be able to go ahead? (No camping, smaller capacity etc.) Or am I being silly because pretty much any festival is a large gathering...

If it's possible, I desperately want to do some sort of festival on that bank holiday weekend. Might look further afield to Primavera/Rock en Seine if they go ahead.

No chance

Really now think it’s a case of when the festival is cancelled, not if.

No way are they going to let 120,000 people come together by August this year.

Even if pubs/clubs are open by then, it’s not going to be a thing until there’s a vaccine/enough people have had it.

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Wacken in Germany which is in August has been officially cancelled now so I don’t think there is any hope of any UK festivals going ahead this year. 

I imagine you'll be right but bear in mind that all German festivals and concerts before September have been effectively cancelled by the government. Not all countries will take such a hard and fast approach.

19 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Anyone reckon kasabian headlining next year, for some reason straight up cancelled the Leicester gig instead of postponing till next summer so maybe contractually exclusive to a festival in uk next summer?

Maybe they realised they’re shite and are just gonna break up instead. 

• Downvote 1