Lineup 2020

randlfan

I don’t think large gatherings will be permitted for a long time to come yet.

Lockdown will be lifted as the economy won’t sustain without it but will come back again when numbers start to spike. 

Large gatherings won’t be permitted until a vaccine is found and that won’t be until next year.

Yeah now 1 August event is gone I don't hold out hope for R&L. A majority of those attendees have only just finished high school this year and just finishing college on a nornal year, is that's off until September then that'll be it I reckon. There is enough event for September already and I won't be surprised if September is done as well. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

The Foals tour starts in less than a month and they’ve still not addressed that yet either, which is cutting it a bit fine.

Hope it's put back well into the future - September's already looking stacked for me! Possibly even next summer as they have a mixture of indoor/outdoor dates.

8 hours ago, TheWaters said:

The Foals tour starts in less than a month and they’ve still not addressed that yet either, which is cutting it a bit fine.

Gerard Way put the Queen song The Show Must Go On on his insta last night, which i see as a sign but who knows

Official news today said that lockdown restrictions could be lifted at end of May if people adhere to the rules. Let's call that mid-late June as a worst case scenario. 

Still leaves 2.5 months to R+L! Surely it wouldn't take 2.5 months for no lockdown developing into large gatherings allowed? This is assuming things continue to improve, and surely the govt. won't risk lifting lockdown until that's next to certain? 

3 hours ago, R Shah said:

Official news today said that lockdown restrictions could be lifted at end of May if people adhere to the rules. Let's call that mid-late June as a worst case scenario. 

Still leaves 2.5 months to R+L! Surely it wouldn't take 2.5 months for no lockdown developing into large gatherings allowed? This is assuming things continue to improve, and surely the govt. won't risk lifting lockdown until that's next to certain? 

Even if the lockdown is lifted there's still going to be cases of Covid in the country, hosting an event as big as R&L with such little sanitation would be irresponsible and i'm sure the organisers recognise that, if we go straight back to our old ways when this lockdown is done there will be a second outbreak

17 hours ago, R Shah said:

I assume that will be for our internal quarantine measures, not opening the borders for international travel.

Even when borders do reopen it will be dependant on the global situation & will still be a few months after that until people willingly travel for non essential trips. 

Facebook memories telling me that today 3 years ago we got the last big announcement for 2017 which filled out the lineup with stage splits etc.

How depressing that the next announcement we’ll probably be getting this year will be telling us how to get refunds or something lmao. Reckon we deffo would’ve had another announcement by now if this was genuinely going ahead and acts hadn’t pulled out.

39 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Facebook memories telling me that today 3 years ago we got the last big announcement for 2017 which filled out the lineup with stage splits etc.

How depressing that the next announcement we’ll probably be getting this year will be telling us how to get refunds or something lmao. Reckon we deffo would’ve had another announcement by now if this was genuinely going ahead and acts hadn’t pulled out.

I don’t think that’s the way to read it at all. There hasn’t been another announcement yet because it’s not going to attract any more sales in this climate and will only serve to confuse people who want clarity on the festival’s status. Radio silence is the best way until the picture gets clearer.

Regarding pull-outs; acts are in the same boat as the organisers. They want to fulfil their duties and do their job but are waiting to see how things turn out.

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t think that’s the way to read it at all. There hasn’t been another announcement yet because it’s not going to attract any more sales in this climate and will only serve to confuse people who want clarity on the festival’s status. Radio silence is the best way until the picture gets clearer.

Regarding pull-outs; acts are in the same boat as the organisers. They want to fulfil their duties and do their job but are waiting to see how things turn out.

Yeah you’re probably right I’ve just been feeling especially pessimistic about festivals and summer recently. We can only wait and see

8 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah you’re probably right I’ve just been feeling especially pessimistic about festivals and summer recently. We can only wait and see

Does mean 2021 is shaping up to be an absolutely massive summer

46 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Does mean 2021 is shaping up to be an absolutely massive summer

yeah that’s my thinking. Surely there’ll be an abundance of artists touring with people possibly taking lower slots at fests purely as they just wanna get playing again. Will be interesting to see

Alexa play 2021 by Vampire Weekend

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

yeah that’s my thinking. Surely there’ll be an abundance of artists touring with people possibly taking lower slots at fests purely as they just wanna get playing again. Will be interesting to see

Alexa play 2021 by Vampire Weekend

😂😂🤣 Could you imagine if bands did 

3 hours ago, R Shah said:

Thoughts on them extending Reading to 4 days for 2021?

I doubt they would, can’t move it to the Monday because most people go back to work Tuesday

Thursday could work if you get rid of early bird tickets