Lineup 2020

randlfan

Absolutely no chance R&L goes ahead, yes it's at the tail end of the summer and it's not even April yet, but this virus has yet to hit its peak (according to the government). You think they'll be allowed to have a festival which usually attracts 90,000 people? They're just hanging on for as long as they can, which is all they can do atm, but eventually they will be forced to cancel

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If this happened I’d say Foals/Courteeners would be a co-headline. Courteeners the far bigger band in the north. 

It's true that they're bigger up north but the poster as it is tells people that they don't see Courteeners as a headliner. More people would be up in arms about being 'robbed' if they were promoted than if the headliner being not as popular as the sub at one site. Completely trivial however, given that Foals were ruled out by other dates even before the lineup dropped.

21 minutes ago, HornetMan said:

Absolutely no chance R&L goes ahead, yes it's at the tail end of the summer and it's not even April yet, but this virus has yet to hit its peak (according to the government). You think they'll be allowed to have a festival which usually attracts 90,000 people? They're just hanging on for as long as they can, which is all they can do atm, but eventually they will be forced to cancel

Of course it hasn't hit its peak, but if you're quoting the UK government then they believe it will hit its peak in around two weeks' time - four months before the festival. Doesn't mean to say that will ring true and that festivals will be resuming as normal by then, but don't be patronising when you're as clueless as anyone else.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's true that they're bigger up north but the poster as it is tells people that they don't see Courteeners as a headliner. More people would be up in arms about being 'robbed' if they were promoted than if the headliner being not as popular as the sub at one site. Completely trivial however, given that Foals were ruled out by other dates even before the lineup dropped.

Of course it hasn't hit its peak, but if you're quoting the UK government then they believe it will hit its peak in around two weeks' time - four months before the festival. Doesn't mean to say that will ring true and that festivals will be resuming as normal by then, but don't be patronising when you're as clueless as anyone else.

hardly patronising, just expressing my view, as is everyone else on this forum...

It also depends on what you read, as I've read that they don't think we'll get the peak of it until May/June. Either way I just don't see them allowing large groups of people so soon after the peak and so soon after we (hopefully) start to beat this thing. 

I just cant see why so many bands have rescheduled tours for early August if there wasn't some concrete advice that gatherings should be fine by then if the government's plan works. 

Surely as a promoter, it would be wayyyy too risky to reschedule a tour to August then have to reschedule again?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

I just cant see why so many bands have rescheduled tours for early August if there wasn't some concrete advice that gatherings should be fine by then if the government's plan works. 

Surely as a promoter, it would be wayyyy too risky to reschedule a tour to August then have to reschedule again?

This is the thing that I’m hanging on to 

I scoffed when I saw the announcement a few weeks ago that Ghostemane's rescheduled gig for March is now taking place in Feb 2021. Now, it's pretty much the only gig or festival I'm allowing myself to look forward to. 

Edited by JSmurphy

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I scoffed when I saw the announcement a few weeks ago that Ghostemane's rescheduled gig for March is now taking place in Feb 2021. Now, it's pretty much the only gig or festival I'm allowing myself to look forward to. 

I had tickets for blossoms Birmingham show that was supposed to be 2 nights ago. They rescheduled for August and as soon as I saw the reschedule I’d already prepared myself for it to be cancelled again haha

On 3/28/2020 at 5:54 PM, HornetMan said:

hardly patronising, just expressing my view, as is everyone else on this forum...

It also depends on what you read, as I've read that they don't think we'll get the peak of it until May/June. Either way I just don't see them allowing large groups of people so soon after the peak and so soon after we (hopefully) start to beat this thing. 

this peak of june was under the old policy . there now saying the peak will be in the next 2-4 weeks so mid to late april . reckon at least domestic small shows under 2000 peps will be up by august but could be too early for huge fests plus international travel will be a huge problem for touring for a bit longer .

14 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I didn't know he was touring so might be able to get a Feb ticket now!

On 3/28/2020 at 5:54 PM, HornetMan said:

Considering schools were only shut 3 weeks before the peak, festivals 4 months after the peak doesn't sound crazy to me

On 3/30/2020 at 4:18 PM, Dukey said:

Can see all festivals been off sadly, some of the September gigs may go ahead. I can't help but feel events of 20k+ aren't going to be doable

Me neither, Ibiza does a lot of shows and they are resigning to be only half a season max, been on lockdown from very early. I think it's somewhere that people would prefer to wait for a year too, I was looking to go September but not sure I'd fancy this year.

8 hours ago, VCK said:

Silly thought maybe, but would the festival being postponed until sometime in September be realistic?

Why would postponing the event by a few weeks make any difference? Things are either alright by august / September or they aren’t.

If festivals aren't good end of August then it's highly unlikely any will go ahead in September either. So there's hope for R&L, it's just very slim at this point in time. Still, it is 4 and a half months away and who'd have thought 4 and a half months ago we'd be where we are.

sooner or later, Business and the economy will take priority over peoples health, and there will be a lot of pressure from big business on the government to end the lockdown.

Id expect the government to start easing things end of april/may, and that by July/August they'll start allowing large gatherings again, so im sure we will see festivals this year, although they'll all be crammed into a short as time frame as possible.

That then throws up the question of the weather!!!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, KinkyKeith said:

sooner or later, Business and the economy will take priority over peoples health, and there will be a lot of pressure from big business on the government to end the lockdown.

Id expect the government to start easing things end of april/may, and that by July/August they'll start allowing large gatherings again, so im sure we will see festivals this year, although they'll all be crammed into a short as time frame as possible.

That then throws up the question of the weather!!!

This will probably happen closer to the winter than in the summer. In the summer most people take time off anyway. Once it gets to winter time that is when the pressure will come in.

Gigs at The O2/SSE Arena were allowed to take place within 7 days of the lockdown beginning on 24th March.

Of course the converse won't be true, but I'm still optimistic that the lockdown will over in June at the very latest and then that gives us at least 2 months before Reading.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:49 PM, R Shah said:

Because venues are pretty free over summer whilst artists are on the festival circuit