Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

I do feel this will go ahead but with a changed lineup - be very surprised if the likes of Rage, RTJ and Migos fly over 

MCRRRRRRR TO HEADLINEEEEE, or Biffy which is the more logical option

2 hours ago, Dukey said:

I do feel this will go ahead but with a changed lineup - be very surprised if the likes of Rage, RTJ and Migos fly over 

Rage and RTJ's first date of the tour is Leeds on 28th Aug so I think it's way too early to judge, will have to see what the situation in Europe is like. 

Hopefully Italy's decline in new deaths yesterday is a positive sign. Let's stay optimistic!

This has also raised a great point about just how many of the top acts are British this year. I remember looking at 2018's lineup and Courteeners were the highest placed British artist on the bill. Now it's stacked with big British names from lots of genres!

5 hours ago, Dukey said:

If Rage pull out hopefully they'll bring someone in to replace them rather than - god help us all - bumping The Courteeners up to headline.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

If Download gets cancelled I wonder if they'd snag one of their headliners. SOAD perhaps? Four piece alt metal band from LA with politically charged lyrics after all.

Hope not. They were awful the last time they played and didn’t look slightly arsed about it

45 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH can comfortably co-headline R&L. It’s not as if they’re a Brixton band, is it. 

They might be one next time out, now you mention it. I don’t think they sold out either Ally Pally date and then you could have fit all of their pre-giveaway APE ticket holders into Brixton.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

If Rage pull out, I reckon the fest might get cancelled actually

Like 80% of the audience don't care about them anyway. Considering the Killers dates are all going to get cancelled maybe draw them in for example to play. Would mean older people who wanted to see RATM would be reasonably happy and so would younger people. Or like Kasabian or someone

8 hours ago, dum surfer said:

But if Rage do actually drop out will RTJ follow as they are supposed to be touring with Rage,

that would be two significant gaps to fill

They’re easily fillable. As has already been said, out of RATM and RTJ and the other headliners and third downs, they’re certainly the pairing least appealing to the R&L core audience. If they drop out the fest will be fine (if it goes ahead at all).