Lineup 2020

randlfan

3 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Nah not a sub. They're not an arena band anymore (I saw them in Newcastle and it was pretty empty). They're also not a very R&L band anymore (I think there would be a little bit of interest, but not enough to warrant offering them a big slot). If they'd take a third down or R1 slot or lower then maybe, but I think its more likely they won't be playing again.

Same as when I saw them the last time they played Leeds arena,  although the two times before then including the Everything Must Go 20th Anniversary tour it was a better crowd. I agree they're not really an arena band any more, but the fact they consistently release top three albums shows they're still popular in this country, and have had higher charting albums in recent years than certain acts who have been booked to sub R&L.

But yeah, they'll probably never play the festival again.

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Manics have been shit for a long time now and they are not due a return. They are nothing to the festival anymore. Go and see them elsewhere if you want to see them because they aren’t coming back to R&L ever. 

You’re very annoying, did you know that

• Downvote 6

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Think it’s relatively safe to say the fest might not happen tbh. Out of all the fests this is the most likely to happen I guess cuz how late it is but I’m not sure it’ll make the cut still. 

68978E2B-56F3-48C5-AF4E-455777E1D875.png

I've already had my next two gigs postponed! (I Prevail and Lamb of God) now waiting for Download to get cancelled!

19 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He isn't having a go at you but speaking sense. Manics at RandL ain't gonna happen. 

It’s not that, it’s that anytime we actually start talking about anything someone comes in and just stops the conversation, we all know they’ll never be back, we’re just talking about hypothetically if they did

2 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I've already had my next two gigs postponed! (I Prevail and Lamb of God) now waiting for Download to get cancelled!

Yeah it’s so gutting isn’t it? Had a few cancelled myself. Been looking forward to this specific summer for a while now for various reasons and it’s kinda going to shit. Awful stuff 

Just now, Andre91 said:

If R&L is the only major festival that goes ahead then I’ll be buying a weekend ticket and partying like nobody’s business even though the lineup isn’t as strong as previous years. A summer with no festivals is an alien concept to most.

2000 Trees still going ahead at the moment, and they said 2 big Californian bands tba, i wonder who they might be?

6 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It’s not that, it’s that anytime we actually start talking about anything someone comes in and just stops the conversation, we all know they’ll never be back, we’re just talking about hypothetically if they did

What’s the point in discussing absolute irrelevancies, though? I wouldn’t come in here speculating where Nine Inch Nails and Placebo would play if they were to return because they aren’t ever returning. It’s wasted conversation. 

Now, when’s that Slayer reunion headlining the R1 tent? 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

If it's Weezer then i'm going! It's only 15 mins away from me!

That’s handy! It’s a couple of hours from me but if it’s any combo of Deftones, Weezer and AFI on the Friday and Saturday, I’ll definitely be up for driving down after work on Thursday. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That’s handy! It’s a couple of hours from me but if it’s any combo of Deftones, Weezer and AFI on the Friday and Saturday, I’ll definitely be up for driving down after work on Thursday. 

Plus Dinosaur Pile Up, JEW, Creeper, Dream State, SHVPES, Kid Kapichi, and Young Guns! Oh and Boston Manor!

Edited by TornShaun

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Manics have been shit for a long time now and they are not due a return. They are nothing to the festival anymore. Go and see them elsewhere if you want to see them because they aren’t coming back to R&L ever. 

Their last album was one of their worst but Liverpool Revisited and International Blue were still bangers.

Also Rewind The Film was great, and Futurology had some interesting ideas. They'll never match their early to mid 90s output but they're still very much capable of putting out some good stuff.

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Think it’s relatively safe to say the fest might not happen tbh. Out of all the fests this is the most likely to happen I guess cuz how late it is but I’m not sure it’ll make the cut still. 

68978E2B-56F3-48C5-AF4E-455777E1D875.png

Government strategy seems to be infect everyone in a managed way with the peak in June . This is likely to take ages to get under control  afterwards . Id expect every big event in this country until september at the earliest to be gone , possible till Christmas. Our govs policy looks lunacy and miles away from other countries . 

8 hours ago, TG0000 said:

Not sure if all ready mentioned, but does the fact DMAs have been announced for the 'Leeds festival presents' stage at Live at Leeds, mean they will be at Reading and Leeds, they had Sundara Karma play the same slot last yea

If you go back about 3-4 pages, this was already discussed