Lineup 2020

randlfan

20 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

There will be some Americans who aren't covered by health insurance, so they're more likely to be carrying the disease and not do anything about it. And people won't be anymore spread out when they're at the festival? I agree that a lot of areas in the UK will be hit quickly but so will cities in USA.

Like in the U.K., Americans are being told to stay home if ill and only go to docs/ hoppy if they get really bad. 

Sick pay or lack of is shit in the US though, so people are more likely to go to work if ill, I don’t think it will have any material difference though, I think time and the actual actions put into place by governments will have a real impact in the speed and overall spread of the disease

2 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Because most people in America are unable to access adequate healthcare, those with decent medical insurance will be fine, most others will not. The NHS may not cope as well but all those infected will be able to access treatment for free. 

but your point about how big the US is right, it will spread rapidly in the cities and very slowly to the less densely populated rural areas.  New York already has a quarantine section I believe 

Its Coachella - without making a massive generalisation of the audience, at least 99% of them probably have good medical insurance.

Free treatment is all fine and well till you realise Italy's hospitals have full intensive care units and the UK's have half the capacity.

Obviously these deaths are not a good thing, but did you see all this hoo hah over Flu when there was a big spread of it, no, the media has got hold of it and it’s been blown up

Also why aren’t we asking the question of how did it get into humans in the first place

12 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Obviously these deaths are not a good thing, but did you see all this hoo hah over Flu when there was a big spread of it, no, the media has got hold of it and it’s been blown up

Also why aren’t we asking the question of how did it get into humans in the first place

Scientists are asking the question.

if you look at China where it can from the reason it spread so much so soon was because they put on a block any sort of information on it in the hopes it would go away and they can pretend there’s no problems. Whilst a media blow up is the opposite end of that at least proper information is going out and steps taken to prevent further spread.

2 minutes ago, jump said:

Scientists are asking the question.

if you look at China where it can from the reason it spread so much so soon was because they put on a block any sort of information on it in the hopes it would go away and they can pretend there’s no problems. Whilst a media blow up is the opposite end of that at least proper information is going out and steps taken to prevent further spread.

True I guess, but I think that all this talk over Reading not happening is a bit too far

The Olympics and the Euros And Glasto  are more at risk

Depends how bad it gets, and how long the lack of action continues. I think it's quite naive to say it's just the flu when there's no vaccination to prevent it and the mortality rate is quite significantly higher from the data we have so far. 

Personally I expect it to go ahead as planned but if the virus is still around towards the end of the summer it will probably mean it's serious and I can't R&L happening. 

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It is blown out of proportion a bit tho, 3,000 deaths per 110,000 people is pretty shit for a “pandemic“

This is stupid let alone an awful take. 110,000 people or whatever are infected but a lot of them are still in hospital - some in the process of dying of it. kind of embarrassed to also live in reading

Biffy Clyro UK tour announced for September and October. Nice to see a band from the UK doing an actual full extensive UK tour for once.

Makes me think they are pretty likely to be doing the secret set now, similar to how Bring Me did their secret set and then had a UK tour later on in the year.

15 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Biffy Clyro UK tour announced for September and October. Nice to see a band from the UK doing an actual full extensive UK tour for once.

Makes me think they are pretty likely to be doing the secret set now, similar to how Bring Me did their secret set and then had a UK tour later on in the year.

Won't be biffy.

3 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I reckon they could get someone like Harry Styles to be 4th down on the Friday

They already have Lewis Capaldi as a 'special guest'. I reckon thats as much as we'll be getting high up on main, because I can't see All Time Low being pushed down any further. Feel like Harry Styles could maybe do a similar special guest style thing next year tbh though