Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, defender4 said:

reading won’t close lmfao

the only reassurance i have is that it’s right at the end of August, i just hope that’s enough time for either it to go away, or the government to figure out a way of stopping it

yeah Reading should be fine hopefully, the main festivals that need to be worried are the may/june festivals as thats when the government think it will be at its peak 

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Coachella is reportedly being postponed till October. Will be interesting if Rage play Reading before their supposed comeback show.

Is there tour before or after Reading

12 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Limp Bizkit are playing Madrid 2 days before Leeds. could make them possible? Would be lovely just before Rage. 

Would make a lot of sense for them to be added to the Rage day. Dunno if it'll happen though.

Seeing Lil Pump at his own gig was surprisingly not the biggest waste of £30 from me because he was actually great fun. Spending £20 to see Smokepurpp do 3 songs then try and jump in the crowd and knock a fan out who threw a t shirt on stage, then storming off and refusing to do anymore songs for 45 mins then coming back to cover a lil pump song and leaving however was a low point.

Moral of the story, book Lil Pump, avoid Smokepurpp.

• Upvote 1

not sure if this has been posted here yet but coachella has been pushed back to autumn due to covid-19

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/10/entertainment/coachella-postponed-coronavirus/index.html

not sure when the official announcement is out but this is big 

guess we won’t be seeing any rage live-streams until reading if it still goes ahead

36 minutes ago, defender4 said:

not sure if this has been posted here yet but coachella has been pushed back to autumn due to covid-19

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/10/entertainment/coachella-postponed-coronavirus/index.html

not sure when the official announcement is out but this is big 

guess we won’t be seeing any rage live-streams until reading if it still goes ahead

A few massive diffferences between Reading/Coachella: the NHS exists so the virus should have less of an impact in the UK, Coachella has a large 'influencer' audience, so they'll probably want to avoid captions like 'I got coronavirus at Coachella', and most importantly: Coachella was supposed to be in April, Reading is 4 and a half months later. The situation will be very different by then, the chances are containing the virus will be long gone, so I wouldn't imagine that large gatherings would be affected really. I don't think Coachella being moved will have any bearing on Reading whatsoever

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

A few massive diffferences between Reading/Coachella: the NHS exists so the virus should have less of an impact in the UK, Coachella has a large 'influencer' audience, so they'll probably want to avoid captions like 'I got coronavirus at Coachella', and most importantly: Coachella was supposed to be in April, Reading is 4 and a half months later. The situation will be very different by then, the chances are containing the virus will be long gone, so I wouldn't imagine that large gatherings would be affected really. I don't think Coachella being moved will have any bearing on Reading whatsoever

How is the NHS going to help things vs the much better funded US system?

The US is far more spread out as a nation, far less use public transport etc etc...

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

The US is far more spread out as a nation, far less use public transport etc etc...

Because most people in America are unable to access adequate healthcare, those with decent medical insurance will be fine, most others will not. The NHS may not cope as well but all those infected will be able to access treatment for free. 

but your point about how big the US is right, it will spread rapidly in the cities and very slowly to the less densely populated rural areas.  New York already has a quarantine section I believe 

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

There will be some Americans who aren't covered by health insurance, so they're more likely to be carrying the disease and not do anything about it. And people won't be anymore spread out when they're at the festival? I agree that a lot of areas in the UK will be hit quickly but so will cities in USA.