Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

The whole point of R&L Festival is to stay relevant to what the youngsters are listening to, they're the main demographic for the festival. The Subways might still be relevant in certain circles but i can't imagine the majority of their fans still bother with the likes of R&L, Subways played 7th down in 2008 when they were a lot more relevant than they are now, they shouldn't be playing the same slot 12 years later when the majority of people haven't heard their name and if they have they've not heard it in a long time.

Stay relevant to what the youngsters are listening to? Really?

50/50 on that one when you consider all the heritage acts that headline it.

2 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Stay relevant to what the youngsters are listening to? Really?

50/50 on that one when you consider all the heritage acts that headline it.

thing is, a lot of young people listen to a lot of old bands

the subways are not one of them 

Just now, defender4 said:

thing is, a lot of young people listen to a lot of old bands

the subways are not one of them 

So were the kids listening to Slayer and Korn when they played in previous years? Were they current?

The festival will always have a few older bands dotted around on various stages at different times. There's nothing wrong with booking The Subways in 2020.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

So were the kids listening to Slayer and Korn when they played in previous years? Were they current?

well yeah they were lmao i know loads of people that like slipknot

but you’re probably right, subways are just a fun little band i guess 

Edited by defender4

2 minutes ago, defender4 said:

well yeah they were lmao i know loads of people that like slipknot

That's...not who I asked about?

Regardless, my point is older bands being booked will always happen and just because you personally don't like or listen to them doesn't mean they aren't justified a slot.

By your argument and the way Twitter reacted to Rage being announced then we should fuck them off as well because clearly the majority of mainstream kids don't know who they are.

4 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

That's...not who I asked about?

Regardless, my point is older bands being booked will always happen and just because you personally don't like or listen to them doesn't mean they aren't justified a slot.

By your argument and the way Twitter reacted to Rage being announced then we should fuck them off as well because clearly the majority of mainstream kids don't know who they are.

nevermind i can’t read lol my bad

nah i get your point i just thought it was a bit strange that they’re on the main stage now rather than before

anyway, mooooving on

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Regardless of how irrelevant of a booking they are nowadays they do have some good songs, try listening to Oh Yeah and Rock & Roll Queen if you're interested

With you was always my fave - 

So ratm get back together and get booked cool. JLS announce a tour wouldn’t mind if the get booked but probably not. Liam and Noel touring, no chance we getting a surprise oasis set at reading but genesis have just announced a tour what’s the changes of them showing up?

12 minutes ago, Preensie said:

So ratm get back together and get booked cool. JLS announce a tour wouldn’t mind if the get booked but probably not. Liam and Noel touring, no chance we getting a surprise oasis set at reading but genesis have just announced a tour what’s the changes of them showing up?

Literally more chance I play Reading than Genesis

Just now, Preensie said:

I thought that would be the case :D

It would be the most bizarre booking of all time 😂😂 a lot of the audience won't know a lot about RATM. Don't think they'll know anything about Genesis, probably heard of Phil Collins but that will be it for a massive majority 😂

Yeah that's something I've been wondering, is slowthai really big enough to be 4th on main? I remember when i saw him last year in the tent he didn't pull a particularly massive crowd (to my surprise)

Edited by dum surfer

11 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Yeah that's something I've been wondering, is slowthai really big enough to be 4th on main? I remember when i saw him last year in the tent he didn't pull a particularly massive crowd (to my surprise)

i reckon he is, he’s blown up a fair bit since then  

Hoping that Slowthai gets moved onto Stormzy's day, we've already got Denzel and JPEG on there and City Morgue seem likely so that's Zillakami there too, if we can have all four of them on one day then this new project 'Club Black Dust' could be performed as a secret set..

Full article on what Denzel has said about it: http://districtmagazine.ie/denzel-curry-jpegmafia-slowthai-and-zillakami-form-new-supergroup-club-black-dust/

Just out of curiosity how much overlap do you think Stormzy and Denzel curry will have because I’d like to see both, gunna be so upset if the whole of Denzels overlaps with stormzys. Honestly though I think he has more relevance than some people on main stage 

23 minutes ago, Preensie said:

Just out of curiosity how much overlap do you think Stormzy and Denzel curry will have because I’d like to see both, gunna be so upset if the whole of Denzels overlaps with stormzys. Honestly though I think he has more relevance than some people on main stage 

Can't really call for certain what's going to happen but i'm thinking they're going to close 1Xtra early to stop Denzel from clashing with JPEG so therefore Denzel will be up against Migos and JPEG will be up against Stormzy

and yes he does have more relevance that's why he's headlining a stage and not playing low down main stage, they needed a relevant act to go up against two of the biggest acts in the country in their genres, Stormzy and Sam Fender so that there's a good split between stages

11 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

The whole point of R&L Festival is to stay relevant to what the youngsters are listening to, they're the main demographic for the festival. The Subways might still be relevant in certain circles but i can't imagine the majority of their fans still bother with the likes of R&L, Subways played 7th down in 2008 when they were a lot more relevant than they are now, they shouldn't be playing the same slot 12 years later when the majority of people haven't heard their name and if they have they've not heard it in a long time.

That’s not what I was saying, I wasn’t saying that they were relevant with the youngsters.

I was replying to a poster who said that they had gone down like a lead balloon since the mid 2000s, which isn’t true