Lineup 2020

randlfan

8 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

i like rock music, but then i like Indie as well and i live in Reading hence why r&l is the best option

Yeah I go cos it's close and I like a mix of genres . But as rock is my fav always go to at least one other fest  . If your a kid who likes mostly heavy / alt / punk music etc I can't see reading being number 1 on your wishlist to attend . 

Just now, biggest032 said:

Yeah I go cos it's close and I like a mix of genres . But as rock is my fav always go to at least one other fest  . If your a kid who likes mostly heavy / alt / punk music etc I can't see reading being number 1 on your wishlist to attend . 

I'd agree with this. But if you want a festival to go to with your mates where you'll all have something you'll enjoy, then Reading is probably your best bet. I've been to two weekends (2016,2017) with mates from school and really I'd only be with a couple of them at once because we'd all be seeing different people, we all had massively different music tastes but we'd all be happy. 

50 minutes ago, thetime said:

Majority on here would of moaned that RATM was not booked, if they didn't book them up.

I think the issue is around the supporting lineup. It is just weird...if you buy a ticket mainly for rage, there's not much else there for you... The rage day is by far the weakest overall in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I'd agree with this. But if you want a festival to go to with your mates where you'll all have something you'll enjoy, then Reading is probably your best bet. I've been to two weekends (2016,2017) with mates from school and really I'd only be with a couple of them at once because we'd all be seeing different people, we all had massively different music tastes but we'd all be happy. 

Totally agree it's the best place for late teens with mixed music taste and tens of thousands of them will have the time of there lives 

46 minutes ago, Sgraham said:

I think the issue is around the supporting lineup. It is just weird...if you buy a ticket mainly for rage, there's not much else there for you... The rage day is by far the weakest overall in my opinion.

Switch Courteeners for BMTH and that becomes a phenomenal day imo.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Switch Courteeners for BMTH and that becomes a phenomenal day imo.

That would be a dream. Hardly any chance at this stage of slotting in BMTH in after Courteeners to Sub Rage? Wishful thinking probably more than anything. 

43 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

That would be a dream. Hardly any chance at this stage of slotting in BMTH in after Courteeners to Sub Rage? Wishful thinking probably more than anything. 

Swap Idles with Slowthai and Courteeners with someone like Bring Me and it becomes much stronger on main. Throw in Don Broco 5th down and move All Time Low to 6th and that would sell much better imo.

Probably too strong but a man can dream.

Edited by TKOCF
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Swap Idles with Slowthai and Courteeners with someone like Bring Me and it becomes much stronger on main. Throw in Don Broco 5th down and move All Time Low to 6th and that would sell much better imo.

Probably too strong but a man can dream.

That would actually be incredible. The bands are there its just getting them in the right order ha and getting BMTH in 

'Put bigger bands in and it would be better'

All Time Low are never playing 6th. IMO its a good booking 4th down given they did arenas on their last tour. Courteeners are never going any lower than sub. Like, obviously the day is going to look better when you put bands too low.

But yeah minus that I agree the Rage day isn't a good fit. Not really anything there that fits the day. To be honest, I think a lot of Rage fans wouldn't be too happy with the likes of All Time Low or even Don Broco. It might've been worth booking another more Download type band on the main stage that day just to give them something.

26 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

All Time Low are never playing 6th. IMO its a good booking 4th down given they did arenas on their last tour. Courteeners are never going any lower than sub. Like, obviously the day is going to look better when you put bands too low.

But yeah minus that I agree the Rage day isn't a good fit. Not really anything there that fits the day. To be honest, I think a lot of Rage fans wouldn't be too happy with the likes of All Time Low or even Don Broco. It might've been worth booking another more Download type band on the main stage that day just to give them something.

Like korn

29 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

i think what happened was as follows:

booker: WE DID IT WE FUCKING GOT RAGE

manager: shit. right. okay. 

booker: what, i thought you’d be excited?

manager: well yeah terry when i said “oh give rage a call i’m sure they’ll play” i was fucking joking 

booker: what’s your point?

manager: my point is that we don’t have any more money for sunday, what are we meant to do for subs?

booker:...i mean, we can just put everyone else we had on call up there

manager: fuck it yeah that’ll do 

Edited by defender4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, defender4 said:

i think what happened was as follows:

booker: WE DID IT WE FUCKING GOT RAGE

manager: shit. right. okay. 

booker: what, i thought you’d be excited?

manager: well yeah terry when i said “oh give rage a call i’m sure they’ll play” i was fucking joking 

booker: what’s your point?

manager: my point is that we don’t have any more money for sunday, what are we meant to do for subs?

booker:...i mean, we can just put everyone else we had on call up there

manager: fuck it yeah that’ll do 

the bookers big boss is a bloke called melvin benn and his favourite band is rage against the machine who he has described as the ultimate reading band in the past . 

I know a few weeks ago there was talk of Two Door doing a thing to mark the 10th anniversary of Tourist History, but its turned out just to be a new vinyl re-release of both the full album and a couple of remixes. Wouldn't surprise me if there is a random full album show tbf.

A part of me is still interested in coming on down for RATM but the line-up before them is still a bit weirdly spaced. Still better than the potential one in Berlin looks, mind.

BMTH subbing RATM would have been an absolute dream. Hell, even Biffy Clyro subbing Rage would have been a lovely time.

I am very interested to know what went on with BMTH still, and if that rumour that they turned down a headline slot is true, that is baffling. Felt like now or never for them?

7 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

BMTH subbing RATM would have been an absolute dream. Hell, even Biffy Clyro subbing Rage would have been a lovely time.

I am very interested to know what went on with BMTH still, and if that rumour that they turned down a headline slot is true, that is baffling. Felt like now or never for them?

Biffy Clyro are a headliner until booked otherwise. They were never going to sub Rage.

They’ve got the acts booked on the same day to book a Main Stage that would appeal to RATM fans more than it does currently: 

RATM / RTJ / IDLES / Slowthai / ??? / Fever 333 / The Subways / Ho99o9 ??? 

8 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Did Bring Me not turn a co headline slot coz there were either glorified subs or only closing one

36 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I mean the only way it's happening is if courteeners have to drop out because there is. Absolutely. No. Way. That they're playing 3rd down 😂😂

Honestly, and I can’t see that happening 

Honestly I think LG dropping out is more likely